• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Csf-Ks_WgAAvIHL.jpg

Riposte

I remember speed-running leading me to believe that Kira found Kosaku inside Cinderella when he did the swap. Hit me long after the fact how tragic it would be if he was trying to change himself to please his wife on the day he died. I was wrong though, Kira picks him out from the crowd outside, and he was just a boring fucking dude til the day he died.

JayEH

Good chapter. Glad we're moving the plot forward after that filler arc. But...
Joshu asking to suck his mom's tits was something else. What a freak. Just when you think he can't get any weirder.

I should start reading that again. I stopped right as, what I imagine, the most important flashback started. Heard shit got crazy?

yeah, it was basically a big plot dump. things are starting to get interesting,

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Jojolion ch. 58

So does Kaato's stand allow her to store things in her cards? That's not really what I was expecting, but I mean, she stabbed Joshuu with it, so it clearly can be useful.

I'm guessing the actual answer is we still need to see more of it.

I mean if you want to describe wacky situations out of context, I think Stone Ocean and Steel Ball Run are still the kings, but you can basically summarize their plots.

JoJolion has been running for five years and I'm not sure you can really explain what the hell is going on in a way that really gets the idea across.

Uh

Try me?

Guess: Gappys 4 balls are because his 2 extra ones are...Stands...and he individually can control...each extra ball?

Eh, at it's simplest and without context it's not too complex really.
His body is the result of Josefumi/Josuke's body combining with body parts of Kira Yoshikage's body.

Phantom Blood: Supernatural feud between two foster brothers in 1800s England

Battle Tendency: Rogueish teen in the 1930s has to fulfill his family destiny by mastering a mystical martial art to fight an ancient threat

Stardust Crusaders: Protagonist develops psychic powers and has to save his mother from a deadly curse, and so he and his friends travel across the world to hunt down a vampire, while dodging deadly psychic assassins

Diamond is Unbreakable: Residents of a small town discover mysterious and deadly supernatural threats and secretly fight to protect the peace

Vento Aureo: A young man has a dream to become a powerful gangster who helps the community instead of hurting it, and becomes involved in a supernatural gang war while trying to climb the ladder

Stone Ocean: Young woman is falsely imprisoned and must save her father and fulfill her destiny by stopping a madman from remaking the world and taking revenge against her family

Steel Ball Run: Two men enter a prestigious race for their own personal reasons, and become good friends as they grow together and uncover a deadly supernatural conspiracy behind the events of it

JoJolion:
A guy wakes up with no memories, and his adoptive family is evil, but not really, and it's actually rock people who are evil, but it's actually about a mystical fruit, but also saving his mom (who's half not his mom), and the rock people aren't the real final bad guys, it really is (part of) the family that's evil, and it's actually about an ancient family curse that's actually part of both sides of the main protagonist's double families, (and Jesus is involved somehow, but maybe not) but the fruit is still connected somehow, and there was an earthquake that made magical cliffs that might be connected or maybe not. Also sometime there's random supernatural stuff happening in the town that doesn't really have anything to do with anything

cntr

Banned
I mean, Jojolion is basically Diamond is Unbreakable 2.0. DiU was a lot more coherent in retrospect, and Araki's going for the same thing with Jojolion. It's just that Jojolion's plot is a lot more complicated than DiU's.

JayEH

I don't really agree that it is like DiU. It's the most similar to it but it still doesn't have the go easy slice of life aspect to it imo.

cntr

Banned
I don't really agree that it is like DiU. It's the most similar to it but it still doesn't have the go easy slice of life aspect to it imo.
Jojolion is like DiU structurally, setting up seemingly unconnected events and then tying them all together. It's less slice-of-life-y too.

There's bits of Battle Tendency too, like Gappy's arc being about his origins and family, like Joseph's arc. And the Pillar Men/Rock Humans, ofc.

cntr

Banned
Poor Gappy and Holly. :(
That page when he acknowledged he was her son, goddamn.

What the actual fuck, Joshu. Wait shit the chapter is already over. Goddamn it.

Guess Kato's murder, Jobin, and Gappy's attempts to earn money are the primary plots now. (Time for Josuke to cheat Rohan Joshu out of money!)

Did...did josuke see Mary, mother of Jesus in Holly's room?
No, he was remembering how Holly saved Josefumi.

cntr

Banned
You know, we just had the Milagro Man arc about a Stand that produces infinite money. Now Gappy has to get a shitton of money.

Could be unrelated, but hmmm...

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
It's a mixture of Kira being naturally charismatic, Kosaku being a shitty husband, and maybe Cinderella doing shit.
He's almost has all the sex appeal of the different versions of bowie. Add the fact that his stand is cat sure makes him a killer queen. Somewhere out there is a comic of his stand having awkward interaction with a real cat.

Also new kira looks hideous.

jgminto

I could totally see Jojolion not having a big bad at this point, maybe it will just be the main cast getting their lives right.

Hahah. Norisuke practicing his hamon breathing in the living room.

Also fuck you Joshu. One good arc isn't enough to pay for a lifetime on being a shit.

JayEH

Jojolion is like DiU structurally, setting up seemingly unconnected events and then tying them all together. It's less slice-of-life-y too.

There's bits of Battle Tendency too, like Gappy's arc being about his origins and family, like Joseph's arc. And the Pillar Men/Rock Humans, ofc.

Seems like we get some stardust in there as well with the holly subplot. Makes me wonder if there is a part 9 it will be a mix of part 5 and 6 since SBR was a bit of a retake of 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom