• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
well I realized that the recent episode showed me Shoutmon fighting Dorulumon and Dorulumon actually winning for once.

I was thinking about this at work for some reason, but I wonder if the original Jojo universe furry community had a collective orgasm when Bohemian Rhapsody happened?

Squishy3

if you guys don't follow the best friends they're doing an eyes of heaven LP and one is mostly up to date (reading through jojolion right now) and the other is almost completely blind but doesn't really care about spoilers

it's part 20 i think where woolie is playing as weather report and does heavy weather and pat is just insanely confused as to what just happened to jolyne and diego and why weather report can do that

edit: here it is https://youtu.be/vR9HXaU8McE?t=573

cntr

Banned
you know, Jojo is the only series I've seen where the fandom consistently uses western name ordering for the Japanese names

like I never see people say "Kujo Jotaro", it's always "Jotaro Kujo"

JayEH

They all address each other by first name too. What is weird though is why everyone in part 5 but Bruno and Giorno are addressed by last name.

Erigu

Everyone says Naruto Uzumaki, Yusuke Urameshi, Gon Freecs, Ichigo Kurosaki etc etc.
For Gon, that "everyone" would include Japan, really...

They all address each other by first name too.
That's... really not true at all. Some characters who are consistently referred to by their last name: Zeppeli, Speedwagon, Stroheim, Avdol, Kakyōin, Polnareff...

What is weird though is why everyone in part 5 but Bruno and Giorno are addressed by last name.
If we're talking about the seven main characters, that would actually be "everyone but Giorno, Narancia and Trish".

cntr

Banned
They're a mafia gang, where hierarchy is primo. So Giorno, Trish, and Narancia get first names as the youngest members. Giorno speaks formal the same way Dio did in Part 1, so he's not the type to use first names in that kind of situation anyway.

Bruno pretends he's a formal and unbreaking boss, so he tries to be formal and professional with everybody except Giorno. Abbacchio's treats Buccellati very formally and distantly, and he's not really friendly with anybody except Narancia and Mista. But still not that friendly, so he calls Mista by his last name. And since Mista's older than Giorno and Narancia, he gets last name from them too.

cntr

Banned
hOhAW8X.jpg

I'm ready for next week

JayEH

That's... really not true at all. Some characters who are consistently referred to by their last name: Zeppeli, Speedwagon, Stroheim, Avdol, Kakyōin, Polnareff...

I'm specifically talking about the jojo character being addressed by first name.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
yeah it's pretty short

I can't wait for ayylmaos

sucks that Mikitaka only joins the gang for one fight, wish he'd stick around like another party memebr

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
yeah it's pretty short

I can't wait for ayylmaos

sucks that Mikitaka only joins the gang for one fight, wish he'd stick around like another party memebr

He still shows up at the beginning of Highway Star and helps out during the Super Fly encounter. Like most of the other minor supporting cast members, he gets his focus arc and a supporting role in another arc.

Erigu

I'm specifically talking about the jojo character being addressed by first name.
Sorry, since you said "they all address each other by first name" and mentioned Bucciarati as well, I couldn't tell.
(Jōsuke calls Joseph by his last name though)

JayEH

Sorry, since you said "they all address each other by first name" and mentioned Bucciarati as well, I couldn't tell.
(Jōsuke calls Joseph by his last name though)

my bad I was still responding to the Kujo Jotaro vs Jotaro Kujo comment then I switched subjects quickly. It would make sense for Josuke to call Jospeh by last name and not dad or whatever because joseph was an absent father. To me I guess it just doesn't seem like the last name vs first name is consistent. It probably is just Araki going for whatever sounds cooler. (speedwagon is cooler than Robert)

JayEH

Obviously Alien because Araki Gave a stand in part 6 the name earth wind and fire.
Yes I know that got changed.

Yonafunu

maybe stands are all actually alien souls that were trapped inside the arrows and when someone is shot by an arrow one of the souls enters their body and becomes their stand

Yonafunu

what if when someone dies and you see their souls ascend they're not going to the afterlife but to space and they become a stand for a random alien

what if reincarnation is an endless cycle of becoming a stand and a soul to pilot a single body

is my consciousness a stand

where the fuck is mickey

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
You'll get decent animation but they'll cut "I refuse".
Kappa

If they did that, there would be literal riots in the streets of Tokyo, and I ain't even joking.

Edit: I'm pretty sure next week will be OPless. Anime that started beginning of summer end next week (last ep of Thunderbolt Fantasy is this coming Friday). We'll likely get a new OP/ED the following week to coincide with the fall season shows starting.

Squishy3

Nah episode 27'll be the new OP.

For part 4 it's been roughly 3 weeks between OP debut and the single release, if it debuted next week that'd keep it in line with that. Plus Chase debuted the episode after the first cour ended and episode 26 was the last episode of the second cour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom