• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

cntr

Banned
SBR is going to happen eventually.

It's just a matter of how long it'll be between Stone Ocean and Steel Ball Run, probably a very long time.

cntr

Banned
yeah it's getting a bit silly

We talk about the SBR anime every few pages, when there's literally nothing to say about it other than "we don't know", and we won't even know for years even in the best case scenario

JayEH

We keep worrying about an SBR anime but Part 5 is no slouch. Most of the fights move at Highway Star-level speed.

I wonder if they'll get a similar amount of episodes to work with for part 5 as they did with part 3 since it has the same level of popularity.
SBR is going to happen eventually.

It's just a matter of how long it'll be between Stone Ocean and Steel Ball Run, probably a very long time.

another 20 year gap between anime and manga incoming.

cntr

Banned
There needs to be a huge gap at some point, anyway. Jojolion won't finish for years, and Part 9 will be just as long. And that's assuming Araki doesn't take advantage of his vampire manga abilities to make Part 10.

We should talk about Jojolion more, by the way, it's cool and people don't talk about it enough

JayEH

Jojolion is bleh though.
I'm just frustrated that I have so many questions and I know they'll be answered eventually but I'm impatient

cntr

Banned
I remember most of the stuff that happens in Jojo because people talk about it, and I've forgotten a lot about Jojolion, therefore, people probably don't talk about it that much. Remember when Gappy threw a man into the ocean, tied him into a net, and then stole his air??

I should really get started on that Stone Ocean/Steel Ball Run/Jojolion reread

Jojolion is bleh though.
I'm just frustrated that I have so many questions and I know they'll be answered eventually but I'm impatient
well talk about the questions, then

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
I need to reread SBR myself soon. Stone Ocean and Jojolion are pretty fresh in my mind, but I've forgotten a few bits with SBR already, somehow.

JayEH

I've forgotten entire plot points and characters in Jojolion at times. I forgot Joshu existed until a few chapters ago and we haven't see female koichi in forever. It's weird reading a current jojo part while it's being written and it doesn't help that its a mystery story. definitely will re read upon completion in 5 years. I'm at scary monsters right now in SBR.

remz

I think Jojolion is awesome, but it's hard for me to think up posts about it because it's so much of a mystery. Like normally I'd be thinking up theroys, but with Jojos shit is so crazy it's hard for me to even imagine where things will go.

It's also in a pretty weird transitional phase now, as they've dealt with
the rock dudes
and although it looks like the big bad is going to be
mom with an assist from the oldest brother
the situation with the Higashikata family is still pretty vague.

I really like it still though, and suspect it will read awesomely when finished.

JayEH

well talk about the questions, then

what I'm curious about so far is the disease that infects the first born son. Johnny's wife got it then it went to his son because of the corpse then eventually to Johnny. So it seems like maybe Johnny is the one that starts the curse for the men? But then Holly gets it too right? and she's female. makes me wonder if there's some split with the joestar and higashikata with the way the disease works and Johnny is the cause of all the problems. maybe Joestars have females get it and higashikata males. i do like the idea of johnny fucking everything up which I guess he kinda already did with bringing the corpse to japan in the first place.

Hey Jojo-GAF! Have you ever tried to get someone into Jojo only to have them refuse or quit for a dumb reason?

A good friend of mine, who has watched the last 3 parts recently said he stopped watching Part 4 because of Josuke. When I pressed him about it, here was his two reasons:

1) "Josuke looks stupid and acts stupid. How am I supposed to take him seriously as a main character?"

2) "How can he be Jotaro's uncle? Doesn't that make Joseph a deadbeat? I don't think that's fair to Joseph's character".

Note: He loves Part 2 and once he saw the first episode, he just checked out for good.

You don't need to surround yourself with all this negativity.

cntr

Banned
maybe Joestars have females get it and higashikata males.
You know, yeah, Kira didn't get it, and we haven't seen Yoshiteru Kira anywhere. It'd made a lot of sense if he sacrificed himself for Kyo.

Edit: No wait, it's just the first born of the family, regardless of gender. Rina got it before Johnny even did anything.

cntr

Banned
Apparently, the difference is that men always manifest the disease when they're 10, while women can have it happen whenever. That's why Rina and Holly(?) got the disease as adults. So Yoshiteru sacrificed himself for Kira to cure him of the disease?

It's weird.

Shmuppers

I just finished part 6, I'm not really sure how to feel.

Up to Ch. 15 on SBR, and I love it. It's so crazy how this manga manages to one-up itself in quality with every new part, except maybe from part 4-5.

Gogo zeppeli

JayEH

Is part 8 the worst jojo part?
I think it is. I might have to re read it again but i dont think it will change my opinion

Should wait until it's finished before judging I think. I haven't thought highly of it but that's just me being impatient on wanting to know everything. I don't really like Josuke's design though.

cntr

Banned
cbZ2jKv.gif

D-Man

I'm near the end of SBR and I'm really looking forward to starting up JoJolion. Gappy seems like a neat JoJo and I'm eager to see just how bizarre this part is.

That and the even numbered parts always end up having my favourite JoJos (I love Josuke, Joseph, and Jolyne, in that order), so I'm wondering if JoJolion will keep this up.

Tizoc

Le Bizzarre Avventure di GioGio anime |OT| aka JoJo Part 5 anime thread
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 6 Anime |OT| Florida Woman's Bizarre Adventure w/Thom Chruz
Steel Ball Run Anime |OT| The True Man's World

Welp better get cracking on that Part 5 OT. (w/Thom Chruz is optional and I can omit it from the subtitle)

Reknoc

speaking of part 8 and how it has the potential to be one of the best parts; gappy is definitely becoming my favourite jojo with stuff like this:

rADSx4G.png

and the shake down street or whatever it was called win pose.

Gappy is a really cool JoJo, his earliest defining moment is telling Yasuho to look away before kicking the shit out of that one dude in Kira's apartment lol.

But can someone please explain to me what's going on with Daddy Higashikata's hair

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom