• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

cntr

Banned
It depends on their contract. Most authors, manga or not, give away most of their control, and that's why so many stories have terrible adaptations

Seda

Usually anime dub airing talk fits well in the Toonami thread, with maybe a little crosstalk into thread like this one for people who've already watched the show or don't care about spoilers. The Toonami thread already has implicit rules against open spoilers of stuff that hasn't aired (in English) so it works well enough. Especially considering Jojo's dub (first season) is already available and isn't premiering first on TV (like Gundam, HunterxHunter, One Punch Man, etc).

While there will certainly be people in there watching for the first time, plenty of other posters often join in on particular shows "for the reactions" or whatnot. They seem to get a real kick out of it.

Usually anime dub airing talk fits well in the Toonami thread, with maybe a little crosstalk into thread like this one for people who've already watched the show or don't care about spoilers. The Toonami thread already has implicit rules against open spoilers of stuff that hasn't aired (in English) so it works well enough. Especially considering Jojo's dub (first season) is already available and isn't premiering first on TV (like Gundam, HunterxHunter, One Punch Man, etc).

While there will certainly be people in there watching for the first time, plenty of other posters often join in on particular shows "for the reactions" or whatnot. They seem to get a real kick out of it.

seeing people experience jojo for the first time, it's like watching someone play through your favorite game for the first time. Nothing quite like it imo.

Plus we can talk about how great Roundabout is, win-win-win

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
who said we were getting Roundabout on the Toonami broadcast

we honestly don't know, but we're seriously hoping

But yeah, the Toonami thread will have a mix of people such as myself who've seen the series while this'll be the first time for others. Heck, think the dubbed version is new to most of us.

I just know I can't wait to see Part 2 reactions to stuff like dubstep vampire squirrels gnawing on cyborg nazis.

JayEH

I think the actor couldn't keep up with the speed of the original performance and his accent just started to disappear slowly.

Yeah the way he's pitching his voice in ecstasy just cannot be recreated in English. It's really just a one of a kind performance. I mean maybe if they got Liam O'brian fine, dude's good at crazy, but not whomever they got for Stroheim.

So I finally caught up in part 8

Imagine if the final boss debuts their stand and the first thing he says is

"I stole 5 seconds of time"

like how in the fuck does that even work, how do you steal time that doesn't even make sense. Stopping time, ok, turning back time, ok, "erasing" time, ok, speeding up time, ok

how do you steal time, what does that even mean

is it like king crimson except you stock up on stolen time and can reimplement them whenever to give yourself more time except the extra time doesn't apply to anyone else so it's like you froze time

Fuck time powers

cntr

Banned
Gappy will just go "I stole your 'existence'" and the final villain will be doomed to wander the Earth for eternity like a ghost, unable to interact with anything.

That's my prediction.

Gappy will just go "I stole your 'existence'" and the final villain will be doomed to wander the Earth for eternity like a ghost, unable to interact with anything.

That's my prediction.

So Gappy becomes responsible for this verse's Deadman's Questions

Well I'll be damned.

Actually stealing time does sound like a Requiem-ish powerup for Gappy, boy I can't wait for the answers to come four years from now!

edit: and can I just say boy I hope at the end of part 8 gappy and yasuho have some intense make-out session in front of joshu just so I can watch his suffering

it would be hilarious

Squishy3

i don't think gappy would be able to do things like steal time i instead think he has to steal something that definitively exists, like he might theoretically be able to take people's perception of time? hell, he might just be able to "steal" perception, in which case, people would be able to see, but it would be a way of forcing the chronostasis temporal illusion 100% of the time

for some background, the chronostasis temporal illusion is best given as an example this way:

when you glance at a clock with moving hands (this is called the stopped-clock illusion) when you first glance at it, the second hand may appear "frozen" and this happens because the visual system in our brains models events before we're able to perceive them up to 500 milliseconds (this is how reaction time functions and differs between people, but you have the added in factor of seeing, perceiving and then executing an action)

cntr

Banned
Araki is focusing on the character/mystery part of Jojolion, so Gappy having an OP power isn't a big deal when his problems are "How do I pay for my mom's hospital fees?", "How do I get my memory back?" or "How do I go get with Yasuho?"

Thud

Araki is focusing on the character/mystery part of Jojolion, so Gappy having an OP power isn't a big deal when his problems are "How do I pay for my mom's hospital fees?", "How do I get my memory back?" or "How do I go get with Yasuho?"

How do I cure that dipshit Joshuu.

Genryu

Banned
Does Hato's stand have a name yet?

I'm assuming her and Kaato are both going to have King somewhere in their stand names as well, like the rest of the Higashikatas.

cntr

Banned
yeah, "Walking Heart" isn't a song reference and the "king" is a real stretch, so it might just be the chapter title

(well, unless it's a Dragon's Dream level of obscure reference)

I like this gif

tumblr_nd7fp6wO5K1sm0agqo8_500.gif

cntr

Banned
He can come out of anywhere nearby, so it's actually better than the portal gun

He can also just detach things with zippers. Sticky Fingers is a cool stand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom