• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.
That new OP sneaking in a tiny part 5 reference
14448791_10154137496204633_7129418595195389943_n.jpg

This is a "I read the manga" problem, but I feel like the pacing was really weird with that episode.

Felt like they were rushing to make it through the whole dice game, and then didn't finish.

The song by itself is okay, but just going off first impressions it's way up there as far as Jojo openings go.

It's going to be so hype when Kosaku triggers Bites the Dust and makes the beginning of the OP play over and over.

Baha

How hype is the OP gonna be when
they put in Kosaku with the Bite the Dust hair style during the breakdown section?

D-Man

The shot of Kira using his finger pressing pose in the new OP will definitely lead to some BTD shenanigans in the last couple of episodes. I can feel it.

God I hope they make it so the OP starts over when Kira does the finger press. That will be so dope. They'll have to after the super hype reaction from fans the DIO interrupt got in Kioku.

Squishy3

Oh that's cool, they referenced Kosaku Kawajiri's ASB theme in the OP. Has the text "Kill A" in the background when he does the turn towards the camera.

Squishy3

Haven't watched the new ep. yet but did Rohan's house burn down or is that in the next episode?
Next episode. It's gonna finish off the dice game and then move into Highway Star.

And re: the DU/GW signs they only use the To Be Continued arrow three times in the OP and it never appears again after the Golden Wind sign pops up, in addition to the one where the sign pops up landing on the street sign before switching scenes.
fiCt5zy.png

The shot of Kira using his finger pressing pose in the new OP will definitely lead to some BTD shenanigans in the last couple of episodes. I can feel it.

Kira pushes the button and then suddenly everything starts going backwards and time travel visual effects start happening. Then when everything starts over...it's actually Crazy Noisy Bizarre Town playing.

Oh that's cool, they referenced Kosaku Kawajiri's ASB theme in the OP. Has the text "Kill A" in the background when he does the turn towards the camera.

Isn't that just how they used to romanize Kira's name originally?

Am I evil for rooting for Kira a smidge? Best part of the ep was him trying not to rape murder his wife. Any other villains Kira tier? Outside of Kars Jojo has had excellent villains so far.

cntr

Banned
There's a "SC 1987" sign right before too, and the Justice clock is a reference to Enya and arrow-clock from Part 3's ED!

From the top and to the right like a clock -

Cinderella
Earth, Wind and Fire
Earth, Wind and Fire again
Harvest
Highway Star
Harvest again?
The Lock
No idea
wtf is that
Achtung Baby

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Speaking of Highway Star, it would seem it was renamed to Highway Go Go, the same name given in All-Star Battle.

cntr

Banned
hmm

Cinderella Pearl Jam
Superfly?
Boy II Man?? Earth, Wing and Fire
Pearl Jam Harvest
HIghway Star
Surface?
The Lock
Love Deluxe
Earth, Wind, and Fire? Cinderella
Achtung Baby

It's all the eventual "ally" stands.

Edit: lol I just realized the weird zodiac-y symbol is actually Cinderella's face, I think this is right

JayEH

So with this episode we have another voice actor from the games voicing a different character in the anime. Mikitaka's voice actor is Funny Valentine in the games lol.

hmm

Cinderella Pearl Jam
Superfly?
Boy II Man?? Earth, Wing and Fire
Pearl Jam Harvest
HIghway Star
Surface?
The Lock
Love Deluxe
Earth, Wind, and Fire? Cinderella
Achtung Baby

It's all the eventual "ally" stands.

I don't think it's all the "ally" stands. I think the top right corner, where you have Superfly, is supposed to be Bad Company (it's wearing the army helmet, and has the scar across it's eye, as seen below.)

Keicho wasn't really an ally... well, maybe for a couple seconds he was something of one, but not really an ally.

That toonami promo was great.

Gonna try tuning in for the premiere, it'll be my first time viewing the dub so hopefully it won't be awful (and please also have the right to play Sono Chi no Sadame)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom