• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

cntr

Banned
Yeah. Well, Polnareff had "HORAHORAHORA", but that wasn't a big deal at the time.

Purple Haze Feedback has the only novel-only stand cry, too!

I'm totally for the idea of crunchyroll using the real names, but in Italian, for the english Part 5 subs. What would Sticky Fingers be in Italian?

I'm totally for the idea of crunchyroll using the real names, but in Italian, for the english Part 5 subs. What would Sticky Fingers be in Italian?

Machine translation gives me "dita appiccicose", which seems to translate literally as "sticky fingers". Anyone got a better idea?

I think the novelty would be cool but would people really gel with seeing Esperienza d'Oro and such?

JayEH

i wish they would just try for some of the names. Aerosmith = Lil bomber? c'mon. How about Arrow Smith. Gold Experience being Golden Wind is so dumb. Don't name the main stand the name of the part. Try Gold phenomenon or something like that.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
i wish they would just try for some of the names. Aerosmith = Lil bomber? c'mon. How about Arrow Smith. Gold Experience being Golden Wind is so dumb. Don't name the main stand the name of the part. Try Gold phenomenon or something like that.

I hope Stone Free gets a rename. Naming it after the part doesn't make sense considering why it's called Stone Free.

Or Golden Experience, since that sounds pretty similar.

Gold Wonder

Golden Phenomenon

Gold in Heaven

shit I don't know, I just don't want it to be Golden Wind. In fact most of part 5's stand names are gonna get changed, but I don't want dumb uncreative names like Zipper Man. I'd sooner take Flaccid Pancake.

GoldEN Experience would be nice but I doubt any new names are gonna be named that close to the original. Both crunchyroll and Atlus seem to be on that zero risk take. It's understandable but damn did Part 5 crew get the worse of it.

Maybe they could combine the two, like Sticky Zippers or Aerobomber. Idk

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
GoldEN Experience would be nice but I doubt any new names are gonna be named that close to the original. Both crunchyroll and Atlus seem to be on that zero risk take. It's understandable but damn did Part 5 crew get the worse of it.

Maybe they could combine the two, like Sticky Zippers or Aerobomber. Idk

It's Namco Bandai
The two companies do seem to have different standards. Like how the games can never use Polnareff but the CR subs can.
Eyes of Heaven couldn't use Love Deluxe (going for Love Extra), but the CR subs were fine with that.

cntr

Banned
Keep in mind that Crunchyroll doesn't decide on the English names, David Pro does, and tells them what names to use.

jgminto

Reading the new translation, I forgot just how violent the Metallica fight is. I have no idea how DavidPro will be able to animate it.

Tizoc

Red Ruler.

EDIT: Oh yeah refersh my memory but is 'reflecting an attack upon the user' one of Gold Experience's powers? Or does it apply only to things that Giorno brings to life?

jgminto

I think it's more likely that Araki thought that it wasn't interesting. A reflect ability is much simpler than most of the stands in Part 5.

Tizoc

ace.jpg

Anime

Tizoc

The superior Part 5 description however:
Oh thanks formposting this
I was looking for this particular version of the image
Also part 5 anime banner will be the poster in above image
Assuming i can find a big one and install godfather font on my lappy :v

Edit oh god i just noticed valentine as duke nukem

The one Bamco name I really really want them to keep is Filthy Acts at a Reasonable Price. Call the Stand D4C, sure, but at some point Valentine should say something like "Time to commit some Malicious Exploits at an Affordable Value."

And it needs to be milked for all its
dirt cheap
worth.

cntr

Banned
the joke names like Filthy Acts at a Reasonable Price, Flaccid Pancake, and Worse Company are the best

I don't know why people complain about them

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
The one Bamco name I really really want them to keep is Filthy Acts at a Reasonable Price. Call the Stand D4C, sure, but at some point Valentine should say something like "Time to commit some Malicious Exploits at an Affordable Value."

And it needs to be milked for all its
dirt cheap
worth.
Awful Acts At Affordable Prices. A4C.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom