• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man it's bad enough Hunter x Hunter threw a lot of men that looked like women at me and now Jojo...this is mind bending.

heck you don't even have to go all the way to part 8 cause part 5 has you covered with Narancia

latest

You should know about the strange case of Anasui, or how Araki decided to change a character's gender for unknown reasons and pretend he was always a guy.

Basically, it's healthy to ask questions in JoJo because you never know if the meal Araki gave you wasn't actually the work of an enemy stand.

You should know about the strange case of Anasui, or how Araki decided to change a character's gender for unknown reasons and pretend he was always a guy.

Basically, it's healthy to ask questions in JoJo because you never know if the meal Araki gave you wasn't actually the work of an enemy stand.
Yeah I think I read about that on here. Someone said it's because the editor didn't want a lesbian relationship in there, which annoys me cause I heart the lesbian ships. It's like if Yukiko and Naoto liked each other in Persona 4, but they undo the plot twist and Naoto's back to being a dude.

Yeah I think I read about that on here. Someone said it's because the editor didn't want a lesbian relationship in there, which annoys me cause I heart the lesbian ships. It's like if Yukiko and Naoto liked each other in Persona 4, but they undo the plot twist and Naoto's back to being a dude.
It's really because Araki doesn't plan out the little things.

Besides part 6 already has F.F. who is undisputed best girl and should be Jolyne's wife if it weren't for the wacky room ghost friends.

And Pucci I guess but still :T

cntr

Banned
That's more a fan-rumor than something that actually happened. Araki's mentioned the Lisa Lisa thing (in a somewhat tabloid-y magazine), but for Anasui, it was probably just Araki deciding that there weren't enough male characters. Weather and Emporio would've ended up the only male characters in the core group, and Emporio's a non-combat support character kid.

which would've been pretty interesting actually, but guess Araki thought otherwise

cntr

Banned
The Lisa Lisa thing? A (mostly untranslated) interview in Eureka, a Japanese magazine. Might be the same interview where Araki confirmed Dio was bi?

That's more a fan-rumor than something that actually happened. Araki's mentioned the Lisa Lisa thing (in a somewhat tabloid-y magazine), but for Anasui, it was probably just Araki deciding that there weren't enough male characters. Weather and Emporio would've ended up the only male characters in the core group, and Emporio's a non-combat support character kid.

which would've been pretty interesting actually, but guess Araki thought otherwise
Man too bad they can't do Part's 5 and 6 in conjunction, cause I was ingest both as fast as possible. And going by what I've seen in Jojo it's quite obvious Araki doesn't plan out the tiny details. There's plot and symbolism in his work, but boy the whole thing just makes the man seem like some sort of mad genius.

Astral

I liked Anasui as a guy. Watching Jotaro pull Jolyne closer to him when he saw how creepy he was being was the funniest shit. During such a serious battle too.

cntr

Banned
nah, if anything, I'd expect Part 9's Jojo to be the descendant of one of Diego's illegitimate children who married into the Joestar family

though I like the idea of Part 9 starring two Jojos

The Lisa Lisa thing? A (mostly untranslated) interview in Eureka, a Japanese magazine. Might be the same interview where Araki confirmed Dio was bi?

No, the Anasui lesbian thing.

The lesbian relationship rumor was always weird because there's not even a relationship.

Anasui is a just a creepy weirdo.

It really is hugely one sided from Anasui.If anything Weather is the one she could've had feelings for.

cntr

Banned
I want Part 9 to be science fiction for one reason: I want to see Araki justify giving a robot a stand, and then calling it either "ROBOT ROCK" or "HUMAN AFTER ALL"

I want Part 9 to be science fiction for one reason: I want to see Araki justify giving a robot a stand, and then calling it either "ROBOT ROCK" or "HUMAN AFTER ALL"
Stand should be called "Digital Man."
I don't think he was banking on nobody noticing, but rather that nobody cared because up to that point Anasui didn't even have any lines, let alone do anything.
Ok, so pretty much the role of that character within the plot wasn't even determined at that point. He must really do things by the seat of his pants in a way.

cntr

Banned
Honestly we say "Araki forgot" a lot, but it's more "Araki didn't care"

nearly all the things that Araki quietly throws away would make the story too boring, and Araki's the kind of guy who says "oh, forget about it" rather than trying to work around it

f you really need a justification for Anasui, you could always pretend he was transgender like that random guy Jolyne meets at the start. it wouldn't be that weird in Jojo.

One thing I'm curious about is whether the (theoretical) anime adaptation will just keep Anasui as a dude from the start. They probably will, but the "wait wtf wasn't that a chick a few episodes ago" reactions would be amazing.

And also DIAVOLO LIVES

JayEH

Stand should be called "Digital Man."

Ok, so pretty much the role of that character within the plot wasn't even determined at that point. He must really do things by the seat of his pants in a way.

I think most manga artists are like given their schedules. Amazing they are able to do everything they do in the time frame they have.

One thing I'm curious about is whether the (theoretical) anime adaptation will just keep Anasui as a dude from the start. They probably will, but the "wait wtf wasn't that a chick a few episodes ago" reactions would be amazing.

And also DIAVOLO LIVES

Have to imagine they'd keep all those weird quirks like how everyone shrinks to Koichi's size after fighting him in the beginning.

I think most manga artists are like given their schedules. Amazing they are able to do everything they do in the time frame they have.
Seems like the only ones with wonky ass schedules are Miura and Togashi. Even Miura seems to have some type of consistency, Togashi just does shit literally when he feels like it.

cntr

Banned
well, Togashi has a back problem that keeps him in perpetual pain, so that's understandable

No idea about Miura, though.

I know Oda is forced to take breaks to prevent him from dying, after Kishimoto went to visit him at the hospital and found him working

D-Man

Yeah, that's what I always assumed with the Anasui gender change. Araki probably felt that only having Weather as the male fighter of the group was odd so he changed Anasui so they could be bros.

I'm fine with it though. I love Anasui just the way he is. "Where the fuck is Mickey!?"

well, Togashi has a back problem that keeps him in perpetual pain, so that's understandable

No idea about Miura, though.

I know Oda is forced to take breaks to prevent him from dying, after Kishimoto went to visit him at the hospital and found him working
I think Miura has an "I have no life" problem cause from what I've heard he has a severe life imbalance issue. I had no idea Oda put that much work into it. One Piece right?

cntr

Banned
Yeah, One Piece. Oda has the opposite problem of having everything planned out, but constantly wanting to add new ideas...so he gets bogged down in making everything work. Probably pretty stressful.

Yeah, One Piece. Oda has the opposite problem of having everything planned out, but constantly wanting to add new ideas...so he gets bogged down in making everything work. Probably pretty stressful.
Sounds crazy if he's even working from a hospital bed. Though he sounds like he puts a lot of effort into trying to make sure what he adds makes some type of sense which seems to fly in the face of Araki's "fuck it it's cool" style of writing. I can't really complain about either though I have no intention of dealing with One Piece cause that just sounds like one bloated time sucking endeavor.

cntr

Banned
tbh One Piece is a bit of a mess right now, kind of feels like Oda has too much on his plate to deal with.

if you want a current day well-written shounen, I'd recommend My Hero Academia, only about a hundred chapters so far

tbh One Piece is a bit of a mess right now, kind of feels like Oda has too much on his plate to deal with.

if you want a current day well-written shounen, I'd recommend My Hero Academia, only about a hundred chapters so far
Veelk recommended the same thing to me. Must be pretty good after all then.

cntr

Banned
it's probably the best written shounen in years. Bonus points for being the first Jump battle shounen good at writing women since Stone Ocean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom