• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anasui was part of one of the best stand fights in the series, Bohemian Rhapsody, so it's hard to completely hate him. Plus he has a cool stand, and he can actually be somewhat respectable when not being thirsty af.

Joshu

I'm waiting for Araki to give me something to work with

cntr

Banned
Anasui in no way compares to Joshu. Anasui is a creepy guy but is alright otherwise, Joshu is concentrated Shit.

So is this show like a traditional shonen but more weird/funny? I heard good things about this but after episode 6 and am not sure if I want to continue if it's just gonna be the whole "long journey fighting a bunch of increasingly strong mini bosses on the way to trying to beat the final boss" type thing

Edit: read the OP, so there's new stories across each generation after a while? OK that's pretty interesting

cntr

Banned
This is the manga thread, so you're probably going to run into spoilers.

Watch the anime up to episode 10. You'll see what's up by then. The first 9 episodes are a bit tough for some people to get into.

So is this show like a traditional shonen but more weird/funny? I heard good things about this but after episode 6 and am not sure if I want to continue if it's just gonna be the whole "long journey fighting a bunch of increasingly strong mini bosses on the way to trying to beat the final boss" type thing
Part 1 Jojo is prototype Jojo, gets better with part 2 and starts getting a bit weird for the first half of Part 3 and Part 4 is starting to get a bit bat shit. I love Part 1, but it's the "weakest" part, just give it some time and no it's not really a typical shonen show in my opinion. I consider it an acquired taste, but it's a taste that will grow on you if you're open minded enough for it.

Edit: read the OP, so there's new stories across each generation after a while? OK that's pretty interesting

Did you start with Stardust Crusaders or the 2012 anime which is the first two parts?

Also "long journey fighting dudes" is what JoJo is all about and if you're complaining about that while watching Part 1 then oh boy

cntr

Banned
Joshu is going to fuse with Jobin, freeing Jobin from inhibitions and worries, allowing him to become the final villain using the final stand, KING CRIMSON

JayEH

I don't think Araki can ever top Jesus being a Jojo and the source of stands.
waits for batshit insane Part 8 ending.

The story of when Funny gets the handkerchief totally has to be a Pulp Fiction reference right?

Araki loves ripping off paying homage to movie plots for his characters' backstories. Off the top of my head:

• Polnareff's backstory is from The Princess Bride
  • Donatello Versus' backstory is from Holes
  • Diego's backstory is from Dororo

There are probably more too but I can't be bothered to check right now.

cntr

Banned
HIs name is definitely supposed to be "Josefumi", but Araki romanized it as "Josephmi" just to make the reference obvious

3s1DOMH.png

Baha

I've been rewatching the new op and the lyrics for it are perfect. I like the references to Highway Star, Superfly and Bite the Dust.

Shining Justice starts to bloom.
Brand-new Breakdown, a fresh breath arrives.
A sea breeze emerges from that tunnel heading for that tower.
We're drawn to one another, losing our way down narrow lanes.

A shadow melts into our hearts.
As we head for a golden spirit soul that will light the way;
A light to protect our only one.

Let the voice of love take you higher!
With this gathered power, go beyond even time.
1999 Bizarre Summer
This city thrives on revolving courage :
Great Days

EDIT: Beaten above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom