• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ringo is one of the best antagonists for being a final boss-tier character who doesn't give a shit about being the final boss of anything.

I guess that's what it means to live in the true man's world.

JayEH

I can't for the life of me remember how Gyro defeats Ringo.

he threw a ball re-injuring Ringo's shoulder then Ringo rewinded time so Gyro did the same thing but this time Ringo moved but Gyro knew a piece of wood would hit him when he tried to dodge the ball, still re-injuring the shoulder.

Tizoc

Finding Landscape JoJo images for my new iPad is gonna be hell @_@
At least there's this one I can use
JZPgDq2.jpg

remz

he threw a ball re-injuring Ringo's shoulder then Ringo rewinded time so Gyro did the same thing but this time Ringo moved but Gyro knew a piece of wood would hit him when he tried to dodge the ball, still re-injuring the shoulder.

There's something about that fight and how it boils down to the two of them going for the kill shot over and over till they get it that feels really brutal to me. Ringo basically forces gyro out of his comfort zone

JayEH

Finished my re read of SBR. So good. I love how unconventional and conventional it is at the same time. It's just a mix of everything right with jojo. Old or undeveloped ideas in the past are brought back but with araki's years of experience he's able to bring them back new and improved and even ideas that did work are brought back with enough of a twist to not feel recycled. I think this part more than any other does a good job of splitting stand of the week fights with just normal plot progression which is when I think Jojo is at its best. I also love how everyone is assholes and it isn't even a fight of good vs evil just selfish desire vs selfish desire. All the characters are great, the art is great, the stands are great. This would probably be my favorite part overall though I still have this irrational love of Part 3 for personal reasons.

Squishy3

Laughing way too hard at this version of the latest opening If this is the way they pull it off I wouldn't mind at all. Also didn't notice that Kosaku had the Killer Queen hands in the close up shot.

It's a reference to the last chapter of Diamond is Unbreakable right?
Yeah, last chapter is "Goodbye Morioh! Golden Heart" which refers to the heart on his school uniform. (and the part on the front of his jacket also makes the heart shape and he usually wears a yellow undershirt)

cntr

Banned
It's a reference to the "Golden Heart" of Morioh, the people like the guy who saved Josuke, who defend their home and the people in it. Which Josuke continues on.

Astral

I had a JoJo related nightmare last night, specifically the DiU anime. Kira never changed his hair after he gets Bites the Dust, he never even uses Bites the Dust, a half-dead Koichi impales Kira with an attack rush while saying something badass like in their first encounter and then Yukako does an attack rush with her hair, finishing off Kira. That last but was actually pretty badass but then the anime ends with a montage of everyone going to school and that's it. No one says goodbye to Reimi. She isn't even in the ending. And the new ED was a Lady Gaga song. I was so mad and then relieved that it was just a dream.

Siegcram

He tricks Ringo into not guarding his vitals by going for his collarbone, then uses the ball to get him with a shard of wood or something idk

Blackmore is really cool

he's like a crazy Mary Poppins
Ringo, Blackmore, Vanilla Ice and Sports Maxx are my Mount Rushmore of non-boss villains.

cntr

Banned
Translation of the preview dialogue:
Josuke: Rohan? Hey... what are you doing?
Rohan: Shut up! More importantly, did you see that? Why is there a room in that place? BUT!
Josuke: ... But? But what!? Damn, I want to hear the next word..!
Literally teasing the meme.

Numb

He tricks Ringo into not guarding his vitals by going for his collarbone, then uses the ball to get him with a shard of wood or something idk

Blackmore is really cool

he's like a crazy Mary Poppins

Still got time to pose standing on raindrops in midair

cntr

Banned
Nah, it makes sense. Mostly.

the only bit that doesn't make sense is why Rohan saw Kosaku Kira, not original Kira

What I want to know is if there was ever an explanation for that room built into the tunnel wall. I don't think it was Highway Star, but I can't think of any other explanation aside from "some random thing that Araki never explains"

son of a bitch that's the answer isn't it

Astral

I don't like that scene at all. It just makes no sense at all. I mean it was an illusion right? But Highway Star didn't cause it did it?

what did araki do to be able to get away with effectively making shit up as he goes on, not explaining a million things that just conveniently happen for the sake of plot, inventing stand powers that mostly exist to be fought in extremely specific situations by people with extremely specific stand abilities, making suggestions for plot points that never get elaborated on and just get dropped, and somehow cultivating a great worldwide fanbase whom consume everything he outputs

how do I become a master writer like araki

edit: pffft, I forgot they named a bird Savage Garden in part 6

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I just assumed that the room was an illusion ability that Highway Star has, allowing it to lure people into the room to trap them. That scene doesn't really make any sense otherwise, even if it's never mentioned in the Enigma fight.

JayEH

what did araki do to be able to get away with effectively making shit up as he goes on, not explaining a million things that just conveniently happen for the sake of plot, inventing stand powers that mostly exist to be fought in extremely specific situations by people with extremely specific stand abilities, making suggestions for plot points that never get elaborated on and just get dropped, and somehow cultivating a great worldwide fanbase whom consume everything he outputs

If no one else is doing what you're doing you'll be forgiven for a lot. (Also I'm with him in that coolness should Supersede logic sometimes.)

He's entertaining, he's quick, he's fun to look at, and has a good grasp on character voice.

Leezard

I just assumed that the room was an illusion ability that Highway Star has, allowing it to lure people into the room to trap them. That scene doesn't really make any sense otherwise, even if it's never mentioned in the Enigma fight.

Me too. An illusion that shows something likely to lure a passing target into the room.

cntr

Banned
yeah, Rohan's vision of Kira is just an illusion from Highway Star to get people to enter the room

the room is confusing because it's more or less unrelated to the rest of Highway Star's moveset (unlike, say, Mariah), and Araki doesn't clearly explain that

when most authors are inconsistent, it doesn't make sense in a boring way

when Araki's inconsistent, it doesn't make sense in way that's truly bizarre

also he's really honest about not remembering things and doesn't bother trying to cover it up

Highway Star needs people to go into that room to track them long range, but Yuuya can just use Highway Star as a normal medium-range stand, and that's what he did in the Enigma fight

JayEH

I'll be completely honest here outside of what josuke does to highway star's user in the hospital and the tower stand I don't remember anything else regarding this last quarter of Part 4 lol. Should be a fun few weeks.

I'll be completely honest here outside of what josuke does to highway star's user in the hospital and the tower stand I don't remember anything else regarding this last quarter of Part 4 lol. Should be a fun few weeks.
Stray Cat is a really memorable encounter though, if only because it gives us a Kira fight that isn't good vs. bad.

In fact, what I liked about part 4 and on is that there's always an encounter between the villain of the part and some other stand user usually unrelated to or unaffiliated with the heroes, which lets us get a closer look at the bad guy's fighting potential without needing to come up with a reason for him escaping before the final battle.

Diavolo/Doppio versus the guy with Metallica, Pucci having to deal with all the weather shenanigans and Weather Report after he gets his memories back, Diego versus Valentine, all of them were really memorable because they had different stakes from the usual "Jojo versus bad guy" fights.

Yeah what is up with the tunnel in Highway Star? As much as I love the last stretch of Part 4 users, some of the plot/explanations are straight up nonsensical. Superfly bothers me way to be honest. How the fuck would such an immobile be expected "fight" the duwang crew, and why did Araki decide to make his face a mask?

I'm pretty sure the mask was so he could escape and take it off later so he could never be found, thus never getting trapped in superfly again.

As for:

How the fuck would such an immobile be expected "fight" the duwang crew

Well you saw the fight.

D-Man

I'm finally finishing up SBR and I gotta say that the end of Ball Breaker, when Valentine is giving Johnny a final choice, is the perfect moment for David Pro to eventually use Roundabout again. I even listened to it while reading those last couple of pages and the way it's set up is way too good to pass up.

Can't wait for the SBR anime in 5 years!
:(

Shmuppers

Yo Diego fights Valentine?! See ya lol I'm gonna get back on SBR

edit: Nvrm I'm coming back to say that Mountain Tim is my new favorite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom