• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm finally finishing up SBR and I gotta say that the end of Ball Breaker, when Valentine is giving Johnny a final choice, is the perfect moment for David Pro to eventually use Roundabout again. I even listened to it while reading those last couple of pages and the way it's set up is way too good to pass up.

Can't wait for the SBR anime in 5 years!
:(

Speaking of that, Break Your Heart, Break My Heart is my favorite moment in all of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, but I did have a question about it. When Johnny and Valentine are talking, there are a ton of pictures in the speech bubbles. What's the explanation for that, if there is one.

9zALpsb.jpg

JayEH

All of gyro's jokes are Japanese things that don't translate to English well. My favorite part of them is Johnny's non reaction but he always says it's pretty good.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Gyro's jokes are supposed to be awful Japanese jokes, which is the joke itself. The hand gesture thing was some corny reference from what I remember reading.

e: okay it wasn't a reference. It's a lame joke according to this dude on reddit.

So our boy basically got dad jokes then.

Speaking of that, Break Your Heart, Break My Heart is my favorite moment in all of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, but I did have a question about it. When Johnny and Valentine are talking, there are a ton of pictures in the speech bubbles. What's the explanation for that, if there is one.

Araki experimenting is the only explanation I can think of.

I love I am an Alien so much. Fantastic arc, amazing ending.

Edit: Oh shit, I tuned out during the opening because I watched it a ton last week, didn't notice the changes this week, it looks so damn good now.

Tizoc

Guys
My mind is reeling from the fact that I can watch JoJo anime with decent arabic subtitles.
In 2016.
My mind GAF
it can't handle it.

Tizoc

My fellow Jojonians.
I wish to compile a David Bowie play list to listen to while driving/in the gym; what are some recommended albums? Pref. ones that have Cat People in it.

Color me shocked. It would've went perfectly with the whole stand users attract other stand users theme.

Believe it or not, that kid gets really into the thick of it later on in part 4 so don't count him out.

Yo, is Stray Cat after Highway Star or was it Super Fly? I cannot wait for Stray Cat omg, while I personally couldn't tell you anything about Super Fly aside from "even the enemy stand user has to fight his stand" and Mikitaka shenanigans.

D-Man

Just finished Steel Ball Run. The final stretch was goddamn incredible. Before I finished, I had SBR placed as my third favorite Part right behind Diamond is Unbreakable (1st) and Stone Ocean (2nd) but I think it might have finally knocked SO down and it's now my 2nd favorite Part.

Araki is an incredible story teller and this is one of his absolute best pieces of work. I hope to god it gets animated someday.

Will start JoJolion sometime soon.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
So who was the president after Valentine was killed. In JoJolion's flashback it looked like it's Valentine's son or something, but with good terms with Johnny.

cntr

Banned
one of Valentine's kids became an agent for the CIA? Along with Lucy? I dunno.

but we don't know what happened to the country afterwards

Maybe Hayato just got suspicious of how his parents suddenly didn't hate life anymore. As for the whole camera thing, for real tho wtf it's 1999 you don't just throw some tiny cameras in the ceiling like that

D-Man

Emporio did nothing wrong. Poor kid managed to save the world, but he lost everything he had in the process.

The true MVP.

LMAO poor Emporio. I can't remember the exact context but this shit is hilarious.
That was during the Under World fight where they had to escape a plane crash that happened years ago while saving little kids with cancer or some shit and then climb out of a hole in a hospital floor because Dio just has asshole genes I guess, idk how Giorno became not an asshole.

That was during the Under World fight where they had to escape a plane crash that happened years ago while saving little kids with cancer or some shit and then climb out of a hole in a hospital floor because Dio just has asshole genes I guess, idk how Giorno became not an asshole.

Oh yeeeeahhhh.

Iunno I always thought it was weird that Giorno was a JoJo, but then the rest of his kids were all fucked up rejects even among Stand users.

Tizoc

So i did the maths
Part 5 can be adapted into 39 eps.
Part 6 can be adapted into 39 eps as well

Sbr is tricky i think we may see t be 52 eps

cntr

Banned
Giorno didn't become an asshole because of that gangster he saved.

I feel like if Dio hadn't died, Giorno and Donatello would've been the good children and Rikiel and Ungalo the disappointments

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Giorno didn't become an asshole because of that gangster he saved.

I feel like if Dio hadn't died, Giorno and Donatello would've been the good children and Rikiel and Ungalo the disappointments

Dio would have been disappointed in Rikiel until he overcame his panic attacks in some random Stand fight. I think Dio would have respected him a little bit after that.

Ungalo is a lost cause though. Dio would have made Pucci turn Bohemian Rhapsody into a Stand disk so he wouldn't have to look at his hideous abomination of a son anymore.

I haven't read Stone Ocean yet...so it only makes sense to you cause you've read it.

That was supposed to be a tongue in cheek joke about how it actually doesn't make any sense outside of "it was the work of an enemy stand".

I love how Stone Ocean makes no sense to even those that have read it.

It took me two rereads and a trip here to fully understand what the hell happened in the finale of Stone Ocean.

Not even just the last arc, but just about everything that happens from Heavy Weather on. There's a ridiculous amount of out of context JoJo panels you could take from that alone, in fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom