• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayEH

Read Rohan at the louvre. i enjoyed it. I liked the art but mostly the colors used. It's basically a little side horror story with Rohan thrown in so no stand battles or anything like that. There's one part in a flashback where Rohan had heaven's door when he shouldn't have but whatever. I know Araki didn't care/forgot but it wasn't really even necessary for heaven's door to be at that part. I wonder when they animate it if they will use the art style in the manga or just use what they're currently using.

tumblr_oeb8uahrZC1s2kojso1_500.png

I finally have an idea of what stealing time is like.

It's like if everyone was operating on their own stream of time that mostly is in sync with the world's time, but if you stole someone's time you could do a thing without time moving for you, but it'd move for that other person.

It's such a pointless bullshit ability that made me realize oh my fucking god am I describing King Crimson for real though

Wait no, let's rewrite it so Dio stole the moment he throws a punch so he could use it later to attack twice in the same instance of time. Perfect.

Have you all ever put such thought into fake stand abilities before

Weather Report is basically Storm if she were smart with her powers. Or Japanese.

And ^ is kind of like how Enigma works. Like storing something to use as an attack later, but as "time" I don't think something like that exists.

I love how people get their no spoiler boners out when someone even slightly alludes (but not really) at something that could happen but goes into no more detail about it. Honestly those people are worse than the people posting the "spoilers"

Thud

I love how people get their no spoiler boners out when someone even slightly alludes (but not really) at something that could happen but goes into no more detail about it. Honestly those people are worse than the people posting the "spoilers"

Duwang can't catch a break.

Araki should make a stand that's about spoilers. Combine it with users where you don't know which one is lying and which one is telling the truth.

Okay look, I didn't realize my stand idea sounded like King Crimson until everyone started winking at me. Kinda missed the connection there.

But also, my stand idea by itself didn't spoil shit because I clarified it wasn't some future stand but a thing from my head, and thus I'm not guilty of anything except accidentally starting a round of "haha, sounds like so-and-so from future part" and "guys pls stahp".

Wait shit, that means I am guilty. I'm sorry ;__;

(But yeah srsly though I'll stop, I don't want this to go any further. Already got heat coming my way from this so yeah)

cntr

Banned
I know it's annoying, but nearly every conversation heads off into actual spoiler discussion otherwise

I try not to make a big deal if the spoiler wouldn't be obvious to to someone who doesn't know, though, since that's itself a spoiler

Numb

When Dio kicked that dog the moment he showed was when i knew i was in for a trip and braced myself

Araki using animal abuse as a way to show how much of a dick the bad guys are was genius

When Dio kicked that dog the moment he showed was when i knew i was in for a trip and braced myself

Araki using animal abuse as a way to show how much of a dick the bad guys are was genius
So since Cars saved a dog and Pet Shop ate dog eyeballs by Jojo logic does this make Pet Shop more evil than Cars?

Kars wanted to rule the Earth and Pet Shop was a killing machine loyal only to DIO.

"I'm sure Kars would have been a benevolent ruler." - Jorge Joestar probably
Well Cars only killed people when they got in the way of him obtaining the Red Stone of Aja so I guess it makes sense. Pet Shop just lobbed glaciers at people and then ate them afterwards on sight.

cntr

Banned
tbh, since every other villain is more complicated and not pure evil, Kars, Dio, and co. are probably the most evil characters in Jojo.

...well, Cioccolata might be worse.

Numb

So since Cars saved a dog and Pet Shop ate dog eyeballs by Jojo logic does this make Pet Shop more evil than Cars?
Yes
Kars uses animals as weapons so he is positive with em
Also Pet shop is a true dick.

*PTSD facing Pet Shop in Capcom Jojo fighter*

In a match, common sense dictates that the physically stronger would win, but I realized that if you add supernatural abilities into the mix, a woman can fight on even footing with a strong male opponent. In other words, if the battle is between those with supernatural powers, physical appearance has nothing to do with strength. The Ripple is Lisa Lisa's supernatural ability. The idea of "looks being irrelevant in super natural abilities" is what led to the introduction of Stands in part 3

Ahead of his time.

What did people even use that screen for?

As far as I've played it just displays the JoJo logo :|

Well, at least in Sonic Shuffle it was used to display your cards so that other players couldn't see them, and everyone could view their own hand in private.

Of course, Sonic Shuffle isn't exactly a quality game...

Tizoc

I'm playing Heritage for the Future for the first time, and it's fun so far.

What isn't fun are the Dreamcast's controllers though >.>

Did you not own a 360 or PS3? Cuz it was released on PSN/XBL some years ago.

Still Dreamcast ver. is Arcade perfect last I checked so enjoy all those godlike Capcom 2D animation goodness.

He's waiting for the DiU anime to end to start reading.
Thank you. I tried reading Stone Ocean after part 3 ended and it just did not click for me. Doing Vento Aureo after DiU is done, but Stone Ocean seems like it'll be a fave, just seems so fucking whacky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom