• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Patrick Seitz will make a good Dio, especially with Part 3. Cannot wait to hear him during the final episodes.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
The discussion about the latest episode's omitted lines in the anime thread reminded me of how david pro added a reference to Fungami's accident on the radio during Hayato's scene. It's a nice little continuity nod, especially since Koichi brings it up when Josuke calls him, it makes the accident feel like it wasn't completely out of the blue.

JayEH

If it was whitesnake before pucci was revealed then he's revealing his true nature while keeping the priest act going normally.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Whitesnake is at least partially sentient. There's a point during the fight between FF and Pucci where Pucci turns to Whitesnake and tells it to go get FF's Stand disk, to which Whitesnake replies "I understand." I think he also refers to Whitesnake as a separate entity throughout that fight.

idk if it's just that I haven't read part 6 in a bit, but I remember whitesnake doing a lot of the talking in Pucci's place, and it felt more like it was another side of Pucci rather than Pucci talking through his stand, if that makes sense.

There's this too, Whitesnake tends to be more blunt in its evil nature compared to Pucci.

"Smug plankton scum like you don't have the right to give lectures" immediately springs to mind.

JayEH

I still hate Dio from another world

but he threw the knives like in stardust crusaders

on a serious note, i really didn't like that last arc in SBR during my first read. it felt like unnecessary filler at the end like araki had a contract for a certain amount of chapters that needed to be done so he threw this last dio arc together. but after i re read I liked it more. It was a good send off to dio and since SBR is just a celebration of Jojo (and a retelling of parts 1-3 sort of) it was only right for Johnny to face off with dio for the finale and the twist of Johnny not being the one to defeat Dio was really cool.

I really liked the last arc of SBR because it felt fitting to have the last fight be JoJo vs. Dio, given how much SBR liked to draw parallels to other aspects of early JoJo. Not only that, but the "holy shit" aspect of Diego from another universe's stand is great. Did not see that coming in my first read at all.

I was waiting for Diego to get properly defeated too, his earlier loss felt too easy and unsatisfying to me.

That last fight was crazy, even if you remove the fact that ZA WARUDO returns. Diego has Johnny kill innocent people, and Diego wins that fight. It completely flipped my expectations. His death was amazing too. A great way to finish the race.

The matches and gasoline thing is great. A lot of fun to use in Eyes of Heaven too.

JayEH

That last fight was crazy, even if you remove the fact that ZA WARUDO returns. Diego has Johnny kill innocent people, and Diego wins that fight. It completely flipped my expectations. His death was amazing too. A great way to finish the race.

The matches and gasoline thing is great. A lot of fun to use in Eyes of Heaven too.

Johnny killing those girls and not even caring was kinda...cool. It just shows that everyone in the story is assholes except like Lucy and Stephen really. It's a nice change of pace from your typical jojo characters.

Who knows, but his The World is written "THE WORLD" in English, like DIO was.

Yep, DIO's The World was written with Kanji for Za Warudo, while Diego from Another World's THE WORLD is written in English to emphasize it being Diego from Another World's natural stand. Pretty cool actually, and also just seeing it written as THE WORLD makes it seem a lot cooler than it should be lol

God why do we have to type out Diego Brando from Another Dimension/World/Universe/Timeline

Tizoc

Whitesnake/White Snake's abilities remain an oddity to me. Like people complaining atm about Highway Star's room trap and then you got Pucci's stand with all the illusionary mist that is never used again.

Leezard

Whitesnake/White Snake's abilities remain an oddity to me. Like people complaining atm about Highway Star's room trap and then you got Pucci's stand with all the illusionary mist that is never used again.

At least Whitesnake's strange abilities can be explained by stand discs.

Squishy3

He uses them again during Yo Yo Ma I think then that's the last they're ever seen.

Leezard

So it could be that the Stand put in another DISC in it that let it create the illusionary mist?

I'm not sure if there's an official explanation for it, but that's what I think is reasonable in terms of the story; Pucci gave himself or his stand extra abilities.

cntr

Banned
Yeah, every other non-disc power (like the boiling water) is clearly said to be a disc, so you can assume the mist was another one

Siegcram

It's easier to think of Whitesnake's power as taking "abilities" rather than Stands and/or memories. Since Pucci does a bunch of shit with WS that doesn't fall in either category.

Pucci seemingly having a disc for almost everything is pretty funny, but the two moments that make me chuckle are: throwing a disc into the ocean creating sentient plankton, and at a bird flying overhead to get a literal birds-eye view.

Tizoc

I can't believe I forgot about that one.

tumblr_odjz87XIqQ1s2kojso1_1280.jpg

It's easier to think of Whitesnake's power as taking "abilities" rather than Stands and/or memories. Since Pucci does a bunch of shit with WS that doesn't fall in either category.

Actually in Part 6's finale, Emporio puts Weather Report's DISC into him which allows him to use his powers right?

cntr

Banned
Nah, it's the only thing Araki could've done to make Diego lose his head.

it's a thing Araki likes to do anyway, like with Emporio or Hayato

Viridian6

Once they knew how Mandom worked, couldn't Johnny, Gyro and Hot Pants have escaped Ringo's orchard without a fight by waiting six seconds before making each turn?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom