• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.
i read it's not getting delayed for western audiences.

5ca.jpg

Please be true.

Village

Jojo question.

Ok joking around with friends, the stand discussion comes up again.

Question, is there a stand that induces stupidity or rather lowers peoples IQ to the point of mental incapacitation and forgetfulness. I don't mean like, make you just forget I mean like, you don't understand how to walk. You loose the ability to speak.If exposed to long you are literally braindead. Ive read a quite a bit of jojo and I don't remember that, because we quickly surmised that has to be the most powerful stand depending on two factors. Do you have to activate it, or is auto activated and how big the range is.

Village

Can't Whitesnake basically do that by removing all of a person's memories?

I guess, but its memory based. technically speaking, if you forget how to speak in English, you can relearn english. I mean like if I activated the stand if exposed long enough your Broca's and Wernicke's area's of your brain don't function anymore, and now you have lost the ability to understand or speak language.

Village

I mean, Jotaro basically fell into a coma after Whitesnake took his memories and Stand...

I feel like a memory erasing stand wouldn't cause coma's but more baby like states, I was really never fond of the coma.

But What I describe would eventually case braindeadness, yes.

Why couldn't Araki use a KC song I actually like. I prefer the 80's stuff.

*takes deep breath*

HOW CAN YOU HATE IN THE COURT OF THE CRIMSON KING? How is such a thing possible? It's about as wrong an opinion as hating Sono Chi No Sadame (like the guy last page). The entire album is a masterpiece from start to finish.

Genryu

Banned
I see everyone hating on the guy who said Sono Chi no Sadame was lame, I just need to say that Crazy Noisy Bizarre Town is my favorite JoJo OP so far.

*takes deep breath*

HOW CAN YOU HATE IN THE COURT OF THE CRIMSON KING? How is such a thing possible? It's about as wrong an opinion as hating Sono Chi No Sadame (like the guy last page). The entire album is a masterpiece from start to finish.
I like that song, earlier King Crimson just isn't what I'm used to. I grew up on this King Crimson:
Dinosaur
Neal and Jack and Me
Frame by Frame
Three of a Perfect Pair
Which I guess is the effects pedal era of King Crimson. I don't exactly hate In the Court of The Crimson King, it's just not my favorite album that I have and I actually don't have a lot of actual prog rock era King Crimson so what they sound like before their 80's and well this
Level Five I'm not the most used to. It's the same with me and Yes. I love yes a lot but a lot of their less synth driven stuff is a bit foreign to me. I like Round about, but I haven't had the time to listen to their earlier stuff fully. I'm also a synth nut. Prime synth era Rush is excellent and I like dream pop and Depeche Mode like stuff...Cocteau Twins and their copycats are like my life blood if that makes any sense.

JayEH

hmm 5 in 2017/18, 6 in 2020. stop and wait for araki to finish part 9 which will probably close to 2030 then part 7 anime in 2030 as well, then part 8 in 2033-35.

Jojo question.

Question, is there a stand that induces stupidity or rather lowers peoples IQ to the point of mental incapacitation and forgetfulness. I don't mean like, make you just forget I mean like, you don't understand how to walk. You loose the ability to speak.If exposed to long you are literally braindead. Ive read a quite a bit of jojo and I don't remember that, because we quickly surmised that has to be the most powerful stand depending on two factors. Do you have to activate it, or is auto activated and how big the range is.

Hermit Purple

cntr

Banned
it's going to be fantastic when the anime voice actors have to say Italian phrases like "La Squadra di Esecuzione" when the VA anime comes out

Pretty sure Great Days is my favourite OP. I wasn't fond of it at first but the full version is just legendary and the "chorus" gives me chills every time I hear it.

My ranking would be (based solely on the song and not the visuals):

GOD TIER

Great Days
Bloody Stream
Chase

HIGH TIER

Sono Chi no Sadame
STAND PROUD

MID TIER

Crazy Noisy Bizarre Town

MEH TIER

End of THE WORLD

Tbh End of the World doesn't really get good until it's almost over, and the full version was kind of a disappointment. It has perhaps the best visuals of any Jojo OP but dang, does the song really let them down.

yzqTU2Q.gif

If I were counting visuals and music End of the World would be god-tier but I dare you to look my in the eye and tell me it's anywhere near as good as Sono Chi no Sadame, Bloody Stream or STAND PROUD as a song

If I were counting visuals and music End of the World would be god-tier but I dare you to look my in the eye and tell me it's anywhere near as good as Sono Chi no Sadame, Bloody Stream or STAND PROUD as a song

it's as good as Sono Chi no Sadame and Bloody Stream and way better that STAND PROUD

cntr

Banned
Made in Heaven is really good, but it's not invincible. Weather Report beats it, Purple Haze would beat it. Sex Pistols could beat Pucci too, since bullets are affected by accelerated time. Depending on whether plankton count as "advanced life" or not, Foo Fighters could've matched Pucci's speed.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
Jojo question.

The closest I can think of is a stand with some pretty intense forgetfulness in Part 6 called Jail House Lock that reduces your short term memory to three things. When you learn a new thing, then one of those other three is gone, and it just kind of keeps you cycling through those over and over again.

Genryu

Banned
End of the World is awesome, and that edit in the last episodes is just the hypest shit.

End of the World was pretty good but yeah, when DIO was added in it was the absolute best.

I hope that Great Days can match it when Bite The Dust happens.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Made in Heaven is really good, but it's not invincible. Weather Report beats it, Purple Haze would beat it. Sex Pistols could beat Pucci too, since bullets are affected by accelerated time. Depending on whether plankton count as "advanced life" or not, Foo Fighters could've matched Pucci's speed.

I mean compared to the other villains, like he seems to be able to counter their time shenanigans by going outside of their realm.

Then again Best President could beat them too.

Lunar15

Pretty sure Great Days is my favourite OP. I wasn't fond of it at first but the full version is just legendary and the "chorus" gives me chills every time I hear it.

My ranking would be (based solely on the song and not the visuals):

GOD TIER

Great Days
Bloody Stream
Chase

HIGH TIER

Sono Chi no Sadame
STAND PROUD

MID TIER

Crazy Noisy Bizarre Town

MEH TIER

End of THE WORLD

Tbh End of the World doesn't really get good until it's almost over, and the full version was kind of a disappointment. It has perhaps the best visuals of any Jojo OP but dang, does the song really let them down.

Swap Sono Chi and Great Days and you pretty much have my list. You're not far off, Chase is one of the best Jojo openings of all time.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

Your feeling I can feel deeply

Visuals are great, especially when the OP reaches the point where it shows all of the characters getting attacked/killed, but I started skipping it entirely towards the end of the season. It's the only main jojo op that I started skipping, I didn't even do that for Stand Proud (skipped the shitty remix of CNBT that was used for like 2 episodes though, that remix was trash).

Best song: 1. Sono Chi no Sadame 2. Chase 3. Bloody Stream

Best song and visuals 1. End of the World 2. Chase 3. Sono Chi no Sadame

Didn't count Gureito Days because it's still the current OP, but it's definitely up there with the best of them.

D-Man

In terms of songs, I rate the OPs like this:
Stand Proud > Sono chi no Sadame = End of the World > Chase > Great Days > Crazy Noisy Bizarre Town > Bloody Stream

I still like all of them though. JoJo consistently has great OPs and I can't wait to see what they do with Vento Aureo.

remz

I'm WA SHOCK people don't like so no chi no SADAMEEEEEEEEEEEE

I can't even type it without hearing the guy scream it. I love it. I love chase too. And Bloody Stream.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom