• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

cntr

Banned
I feel like Stray Cat was supposed to use the hole to control air, but then it died.

RPS Kid and Stray Cat are the only people with holes that we see.

Numb

One of my favorite moments in part 7.

TmxAw3t.jpg
Gyro needs better friends

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I wonder how the anime thread will react with Hayato, especially later on when he dies repeatedly or tries to commit suicide.

In the moment it was intense but Johnny desperately firing into Love Train and killing random people all over the world is hilarious. I'm gonna reread all of Steel Ball run during my winter break.

When does the next jojo ep air on toonami?

Two weeks, skipping halloween for some reason. A marathon of something else

JayEH

Gyro is overrated
(overrated =/bad) He's still great
. Btw more part 5 re translations came out. Just finished up King Crimson vs Metallica and they're now about to go to Rome.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Toonami aired the full opening and ending for Jojo. Love it. They never do that these days. Hope it continues and hearing Roundabout is still amazing.

Gyro > Johnny by like a thousandth of a point, but Gyro needed to be sacrificed so Johnny could get his shining moment. The whole D4C arc is some of the best JoJo ever, can we just agree with that

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Toonami aired the full opening and ending for Jojo. Love it. They never do that these days. Hope it continues and hearing Roundabout is still amazing.
We're not sure if they'll keep the full OP since after the first episode, they end to cut them down for time (aside from DBZ Kai since it's the first show on the block & the most "popular"), but we know that Roundabout will still be the full length which is nice (& they probably wanted to make full use of the licensing).

We'll find out in 2 weeks if they cut the OP down.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Reading Part 8 now, I couldn't stop laughing at the absurdity of Josuke getting attacked by a horde of Chestnuts, or him posing as he is declaring that he won to the police.

Still trying to figure out how Dio's head had the strength to take off Jonathan's head, put his head on the body, get to the coffin unnoticed and not burn in the fire.

Still trying to figure out how Dio's head had the strength to take off Jonathan's head, put his head on the body, get to the coffin unnoticed and not burn in the fire.

Dio's head was pretty strong, man. It had laser eyes and tentacle limbs. Probably wouldn't be too hard to sever Jonathan's head and attach itself, and then use the body to hop in a coffin.

Every panel and joke I read about it makes it seem like Araki is in full IDGAF mode.

If you haven't hit Stone Ocean yet, you're in for a hell of a ride. Easily my favorite part, though Part 7 is also up there.

Dio's head was pretty strong, man. It had laser eyes and tentacle limbs. Probably wouldn't be too hard to sever Jonathan's head and attach itself, and then use the body to hop in a coffin.

If you haven't hit Stone Ocean yet, you're in for a hell of a ride. Easily my favorite part, though Part 7 is also up there.
I thought Dio's head had like no energy though. I know he hit Jonathan with a Space Ripper Stingy eyes and wrestled with him, but didn't Dio get stabbed in his head afterwards? It was like Dio's head was stronger than Part 3 DIO. Not to mention even in Part 3 he didn't have full control over Jonathan's body so how is he going to have proper control over it at the end of Phantom Blood? I haven't even begun the manga yet, waiting for DiU to finish, can't wait either. \With people's comments on here I'm to have to wait for the anime's to make sense out of Araki's unfiltered craziness any way.

I thought Dio's head had like no energy though. I know he hit Jonathan with a Space Ripper Stingy eyes and wrestled with him, but didn't Dio get stabbed in his head afterwards? It was like Dio's head was stronger than Part 3 DIO. Not to mention even in Part 3 he didn't have full control over Jonathan's body so how is he going to have proper control over it at the end of Phantom Blood? I haven't even begun the manga yet, waiting for DiU to finish, can't wait either. \With people's comments on here I'm to have to wait for the anime's to make sense out of Araki's unfiltered craziness any way.

Okay, here's what you gotta do.

Ask yourself, "am I questioning a plot point in JoJo's Bizarre Adventure?" If the answer is yes, then what you need to tell yourself is the answer is one of three things:

1.) Araki forgot.
2.) Araki thought it would be cool.
3.) Araki changed his mind.

Congratulations, with this guide you can now read JoJo's Bizarre Adventure in peace.

Okay, here's what you gotta do.

Ask yourself, "am I questioning a plot point in JoJo's Bizarre Adventure?" If the answer is yes, then what you need to tell yourself is the answer is one of three things:

1.) Araki forgot.
2.) Araki thought it would be cool.
3.) Araki changed his mind.

Congratulations, with this guide you can now read JoJo's Bizarre Adventure in peace.
I know you can't exactly apply logical thought parameters to JJBA, but I'm still going to end up asking something at some point...shit you guys still do and you guys are veterans.

To be fair, I feel like the series is much more consistent after Part 3. There were lots of things about Dio where I was left scratching my head, but didn't have nearly that same problem in the later parts (well, outside of the end of Part 5).

JayEH

The new translation is making part 5 top tier for me. I already liked the characters and stands but now that I can understand what they're saying it's even better. The main theme of the part is very touching.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom