• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
I noticed this too when I was rereading it lol, but I remember being legit shook by that twist the first time around. Maybe because jojos is so out there normally I didn't put 2+2 together. I think the dialogue when Gyro is in denail about it is really running anti conspiricy theory shit too.

I pieced it together, but then I shooed all those thoughts away because there is absolutely no way Akari is going to write Jesus into the story. That would be ridiculous!

JayEH

It's pretty explicit throughout the part. I kinda figured it was Jesus when they mentioned it was a saint the first time then when they started describing the corpse, talking about Joseph of Arimathea, Gyro's and the vatican's silence, etc it became obvious to me.

Genryu

Banned
So, the corpse was brought up again in part 8 in a flashback, but what are the chances that it plays a role further along in this part?

So, the corpse was brought up again in part 8 in a flashback, but what are the chances that it plays a role further along in this part?

What if all of the corpse pieces were buried near the Wall Eyes and fused back into Jesus Christ himself

What if Joshua bar Joseph is the true Jojo of Part 8

What if Ol' Oily Josh's Stand is called Judas Priest

Christ maybe Part 8's gonna end up being the best Part after all

JayEH

It might but I rather it not be brought up again. I hope the extent of its use was only to justify stands in japan.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
It might but I rather it not be brought up again. I hope the extent of its use was only to justify stands in japan.

I just don't see it, I feel like it really is going to be a key plot device later on, and used to explain the Rock people.

Now, what would be total BS is if Diego somehow came back.

PixelatedBookake

With the Steel Ball Run stuff, I suddenly remembered Chocolate Disco and how dumb it is.

Yeah didn't the user just show up to Gyro and say his name, his stand's name and proceed to fight him? That was a weird, pointless fight to me. But hey, whatever prevents a fourth character possibly shooting Johnny at the same time through three different dimensions is good by me.

I was listening to Fleetwood Mac's Tusk at work again, and while on my break I got to the titular "Tusk". At the same time I had picked up where I left off in SBR, and when Johnny turned the tables with Tusk act 3, I got chills.

With the Steel Ball Run stuff, I suddenly remembered Chocolate Disco and how dumb it is.

Those chapters didn't make much sense in general with Valentine showing off abilities that are inconsistent with D4C's later revealed powerset.

Like seriously, what
ZJSjWJc.jpg

Village

Would like to mention, really love how his art has come along. I felt like part 7 and 8 had a major artistic jump especially in terms of faces

Breads

Banned
Would like to mention, really love how his art has come along. I felt like part 7 and 8 had a major artistic jump especially in terms of faces

Part 7 has some inspiring peaks but the valleys in part 8 are dreadful. Could be a product of a bad/ inconsistent scans in some instances but poses/ anatomy don't lie... a lot of the art is down right terrible.

Judging from the (barely watchable because of King Crimson) beginning of today's episode, it seems like whoever said they changed the name of the arc because they were gonna treat at least Superfly and Enigma as one arc called it.

Edit:...Make that Superfly and Enigma AND My Dad is not My Dad AND Cheap Trick.

Tecl0n

Judging from the (barely watchable because of King Crimson) beginning of today's episode, it seems like whoever said they changed the name of the arc because they were gonna treat at least Superfly and Enigma as one arc called it.

Edit:...Make that Superfly and Enigma AND My Dad is not My Dad AND Cheap Trick.

What. So we are looking at 4ish episodes?

What. So we are looking at 4ish episodes?

The episode started with Koichi getting kidnapped, was like over half of Superfly, and then ended with Cheap Trick's user arriving at Rohan's house, a shot of Kira, and a shot of Hayato all with a timestamp. So we're probably getting 3 or 4 episodes called July 15 yeah.

I like the idea of interweaving arcs, but damn it looks like they tried to do a lot. I don't even remember what the part with Josuke's mom is about.

Then again, At this point of DiU I was really getting sick of random encounters, so this will probably end up alright.

Yeah, it really builds up to the finale with Kira's dad at his limit trying to stop the Morioh Crew at once, before desperation hits comes Bite the Dust.

Ok my speculation about Koichi was wrong because I didn't see well the time on my first watch. This means that from 8am to about 10:40 am of the same day Koichi got kidnapped, Josuke fought Superfly, immediately after healed Yuya and fought Enigma to save Koichi and his mom just in time so that Koichi can help Rohan with Cheap Trick at around 11am.

Sheesh

Koichi saved Rohan THEN got kidnapped probably. It's not as if it was being shown in chronological order I think. Wasn't he on his way to school during Cheap Trick?

Koichi getting kidnapped was around 8 am, Rohan with Cheap Trick was around 10 am.

Makes no sense, but do what you gotta to get everything in I guess

Squishy3

With the date naming scheme actually it makes a lot of sense and this way we don't get an an episode titled "Another One Bites the Dust."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom