• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steel Ball Run is pretty impressive. I'm on civil war right now, but Araki's done a great job with the characters. I really love his back stories for them.

Also, is this the point where Valentine's design changes from being short and padded?

Killer Queen's Bizarre Adventure

Holy shit...
tumblr_oezhccsqlI1twa85go3_500.jpg

tumblr_oezhccsqlI1twa85go2_500.jpg

tumblr_oezhccsqlI1twa85go1_500.jpg

http://malolam666.tumblr.com/post/151746102192

I mean if Jesus came to give me advice and I was a horse jockey in late 1800s America I'd shoot myself under the Lord's command too

Edit: Remember when Johnny killed innocent civilians to rescue Jesus

Yep, also the time he killed innocent civilians trying to kill Valentine. And the other time he killed civilians to try and kill Diego.

Johnny doesn't give a fuck.

JayEH

There was also that time Gyro saw the conductor of the train brutally being forced to keep the train running and gyro just told him tough shit and keep on holding on lol.

cntr

Banned
Remember when Diego turned two guards into dinosaur lamps?

As in, he didn't turn lamps into dinosaurs. He turned two humans into dinosaurs that functioned like lamps.

Tusk was actually a setup so Araki could make the climax of Steel Ball Run a western-style shootout at sunset, except instead of cowboys it's between a paraplegic horse jockey and the president.

People look at me like i'm crazy when i talk about Jojo or try to get them into it

Remember when Diego turned two guards into dinosaur lamps?

As in, he didn't turn lamps into dinosaurs. He turned two humans into dinosaurs that functioned like lamps.

Tusk was actually a setup so Araki could make the climax of Steel Ball Run a western-style shootout at sunset, except instead of cowboys it's between a paraplegic horse jockey and the president.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
Bit of an aside, does no one smoke weed or get high in Japan? I can't really think of any shows or mangas where I saw someone roll a dank blunt and be like "we're gonna be shonnen protagonists tonight boizzz"

Bit of an aside, does no one smoke weed or get high in Japan? I can't really think of any shows or mangas where I saw someone roll a dank blunt and be like "we're gonna be shonnen protagonists tonight boizzz"

Japan is extremely anti-drug. The culture of Japan itself is a major deterrence against it, the country has a 99% conviction rate and an extreme prejudice to crime and being jailed.

I need Stoned Ocean in my life

If Jolyne was a weedhead her stand would be named Stoner Free

F.F. would heal everyone by injecting them with sentient kush

Heaven actually refers to attaining the ultimate high, and flashbacks reveal DIO was hella blazed during Stardust Crusaders

Heavy Weather would play out exactly the same

EDIT: I noticed that every time I bring up D4C in a discussion I have a tab labelled "synonyms for deeds" open 5 minutes later

If Jolyne was a weedhead her stand would be named Stoner Free

F.F. would heal everyone by injecting them with sentient kush

Heaven actually refers to attaining the ultimate high, and flashbacks reveal DIO was hella blazed during Stardust Crusaders

Heavy Weather would play out exactly the same

EDIT: I noticed that every time I bring up D4C in a discussion I have a tab labelled "synonyms for deeds" open 5 minutes later
Wouldn't explaining Stone Ocean make more sense if you could just explain everything away by just saying, "people are high as fuck" though?

Genryu

Banned
So I was playing Heritage for the Future and I wondered something.

Anubis can learn attacks and be able to counter that attack, and its speed and strength increases to counter the person it's fighting.

If it could survive the attacks long enough, could Anubis eventually force its user to move in frozen time?

Is it possible for even light to move in the frozen time? This is a concept I've actually been toying with for a story, where the big question is "can you overcome time manipulation by just going fast enough?" To answer this we'd have to take a look at how time passes at different rates based on your position relative to a nearby gravitational mass.

I don't feel like reading a billion articles to inform myself on the details of light travel and time dilation so I'll just point to the time Pucci used Made in Heaven to speed up Jotaro's stopped time (is that how it happened I'm not sure, let me reread it--holy shit Pucci made a couple go at it for four hours lmaoooo) and say "it'll be like that probably maybe I don't know"

I think I'm beginning to understand why Araki doesn't try to explain a lot of the stand bullshit he writes outside of incredibly detailed biological writings on fictional creatures.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I mean, the language about the corpse is not subtle up to that point.

Araki was never really subtle about the corpse.

An accurate summary of an SBR conversation said:
"Hey Gyro, that weird dinosaur terrorist said something about the corpse, he said it was almost 1900 years old or something"

"That's dumb, he probably said it was 190 years old, you never listen to anyone, Johnny."

"But is a 1900 year old corpse really impossible? I mean the Native Americans lived here back then, there were people here."

"There's no evidence of that, were you there?"

"I bet the terrorists know, this country itself is actually a terrorist."

"A saint from 1900 years ago?...It couldn't possibly be that guy."

remz

Araki was never really subtle about the corpse.

Don't they talk about how the corpse has holes in its hands right before that, too?

I noticed this too when I was rereading it lol, but I remember being legit shook by that twist the first time around. Maybe because jojos is so out there normally I didn't put 2+2 together. I think the dialogue when Gyro is in denail about it is really funny anti conspiracy theory shit too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom