• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayEH

Destiny in Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

This is a really, really good video explaining the main theme of the series. Spoilers up to part 7 if you haven't finished it yet. What I found interesting was the analysis of part 7 at the end that I hadn't realized until I watched it. Makes you look at it in a different way.

King Crimson is actually pretty simple, Araki is just shit at explaining it. King Crimson just puts everything thing where it would be 10 seconds later. Diavolo also knows what was supposed to happen during those 10 seconds,

You still have to account for how KC magically lets you dodge bullets or even that stupid "blood in the eye" thing at the end that doesn't seem to even jive with KC's previous rules.

JayEH

he doesn't magically dodge bullets. he activates king crimson before he's shot and thus only metallica is hit.
i don't want to start another huge argument over this lol but I just read this part yesterday so it's fresh on my mind.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
You still have to account for how KC magically lets you dodge bullets or even that stupid "blood in the eye" thing at the end that doesn't seem to even jive with KC's previous rules.

I'm pretty the dodge bullet thing is that the bullets just end up where they would be 10 seconds later, but they basically just teleport directly there.

For the rest of, I think "Araki thought it would be cool." is the correct answer.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So Part 1's OP is going to be shortened on Toonami once episode 3 airs.

Basically, after a few seconds of the Jojo chanting & entering the door, it immediately cuts to the SODO CHI NO SADAME part.

But this was done for A.) time, and B.) to allow Roundabout to stay uncut, since I imagine they want to make the most out of the licensing for that song.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

Basically, after a few seconds of the Jojo chanting & entering the door, it immediately cuts to the SODO CHI NO SADAME part.

But this was done for A.) time, and B.) to allow Roundabout to stay uncut, since I imagine they want to make the most out of the licensing for that song.

I guess, but the Jojo part 1 Opening is probably the best opening in the series.

Damn, that's a harsher cut than I expected. I was thinking they'd do the first part with the title and then go to Jonathan running up the stairs.

Edit: I hope they keep the full opening for the last episode of each part with the sound effects.

I admit I'm kind of sick of Roundabout after watching the first season like 4 times, but the opening for PB is the thing that helps it the most, since it really gets you hyped for the episode. Cutting it suckssss

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
If I recall correctly, when a show gets a new OP, they'll let that air in full once, but then cut it afterwards.

MAYBE for the finale of Part 1, since there are some differences, we'll get the full version. I do know when Part 2 airs, it'll probably have its OP air fully once.

cntr

Banned
NSAAtj8.png

8PW12Sg.png

Tizoc

Insay it is worth it
Ill be the rooooooundAbout

cntr

Banned
I'm beginning to appreciate how appropriate Epitaph is for King Crimson, with lyrics like "confusion will be my epitaph" and "knowledge is a deadly friend / when no one sets the rules"

Jojokes aside, "between the iron gates of fate / the seeds of time were sown / and watered by the deeds of those / who know and who are known" feel like actual lyrics Araki was inspired by

I'm beginning to appreciate how appropriate Epitaph is for King Crimson, with lyrics like "confusion will be my epitaph" and "knowledge is a deadly friend / when no one sets the rules"

Jojokes aside, "between the iron gates of fate / the seeds of time were sown / and watered by the deeds of those / who know and who are known" feel like actual lyrics Araki was inspired by
Why couldn't Araki use a KC song I actually like. I prefer the 80's stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom