• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

Part Five is interesting

" What does the main guy's stand do"

"eh...."

" What does the badguy's stand do"

" eh...., also that thing that happened at the very end of the last part.... that's a thing like super hard. Also there is this turtle and polneraff, and Undercover boss is a main plot point. Also the main character is just prince again"

"what?"
2 words
Baby Face
G/A/F

Tizoc

So let me see if i got gold experince's powers down right-
It can turn non living objects into living creatures
If it applies this power to living beings such as humans, the human's mind would wnd thoughts will be supercharged and sped up, so it kinda puts them in a daze of sorts
A creature created by gold experience can reflect any famage inflicted on it to its attacker

Did i get that right?

So let me see if i got gold experince's powers down right-
It can turn non living objects into living creatures
If it applies this power to living beings such as humans, the human's mind would wnd thoughts will be supercharged and sped up, so it kinda puts them in a daze of sorts
A creature created by gold experience can reflect any famage inflicted on it to its attacker

Did i get that right?

Yes, and it can also turn inanimate objects into perfectly-functioning replacements for missing organs and other body parts so the definition of "living creatures" is pretty dang liberal.

cntr

Banned
Gold Experience creates and controls "life energy". Everything else is application.

...aside from the reflection thing, but Araki dropped that.

cntr

Banned
Sometimes I feel like we should wait for the anime before arguing about VA; the bad translation screwed everything up, and the good translation can't undo the way people think and talk about Part 5.

I hope when the anime gets to the part 5 bruno vs divalo fight that they would remove the whole " you just saw your future self" part. it contradicts the actual power of king crimson and only adds confusion and I think that it is part is main reason people get so confused about king crimson's ability.

cntr

Banned
King Crimson is especially bad, since the mixture of Araki's unclear explanation, the ambiguity of the panelling, people who use the garbage translation as their reference for VA, and the meme about "it just works" makes it impossible to actually talk about it. King Crimson is reasonable and understandable to me, but it's impossible to convey that to anybody else.

JayEH

I hope when the anime gets to the part 5 bruno vs divalo fight that they would remove the whole " you just saw your future self" part. it contradicts the actual power of king crimson and only adds confusion and I think that it is part is main reason people get so confused about king crimson's ability.

This was the worse way to introduce the power lmao. I don't think they'll take it out though. It's diavolo's super in the games seems to iconic at this point. But yeah cntr is right, King Crimson actually isn't that hard to understand once you can get a clear explanation of it. With my re read of part 5 with the new translation I'm understanding things a lot more clearly. Giorno is some bs sometimes still though.

JayEH

just thinking about diavolo some more for a bit. I wonder if he can give epitaph to people and that's what he did to Bruno. He gives it to doppio(yes I know they're the same person). Idk if that's ever been discussed before but that's the first time that possibility popped in my mind. And yes I know I'm looking for explanations for just poor writing.

just thinking about diavolo some more for a bit. I wonder if he can give epitaph to people and that's what he did to Bruno. He gives it to doppio(yes I know they're the same person). Idk if that's ever been discussed before but that's the first time that possibility popped in my mind. And yes I know I'm looking for explanations for just poor writing.

I don't see why Diavolo would even do that if he could.

The idea is that before time was skipped, Bruno punched towards his post skip position, time skip, punching Bruno becomes an afterimage.

That alone, in isolation, makes sense to me. It's just that it never happens to anyone else after. So yeah, chalk it up to shoddy writing so that Araki could have a cool 'gotcha' moment. Or if you really want to justify it, you can argue it is the only time someone fighting King Crimson punched in the exact direction that their future self would end up at.

Shmuppers

It really says something when every time I check in on this thread there is at least one post talking about King Crimson lol.

In 2050 when it gets animated the world of memes as we know it will come to an end

Kars convinces Killer queen to leave Kira and becomes his stand instead.

And then because Kars is also the ultimate stand user Killer Queen becomes Killer Queen Ultimate and he can use Bites the Dust to reverse Made in Heaven's universe resets, stealing Made in Heaven also and turning it into Made in Heaven Ultimate Requiem

in all this bullshit, the only two characters unaffected by this constant universe resetting bullshit are Giorno using GER and Rohan because he's too busy drawing manga to notice the universe getting reset.

tumblr_npzu4w9I891tife6ro5_r1_540.png

What the fuck is even going on with Dio's arm/hand in this pose?

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
And then because Kars is also the ultimate stand user Killer Queen becomes Killer Queen Ultimate and he can use Bites the Dust to reverse Made in Heaven's universe resets, stealing Made in Heaven also and turning it into Made in Heaven Ultimate Requiem

in all this bullshit, the only two characters unaffected by this constant universe resetting bullshit are Giorno using GER and Rohan because he's too busy drawing manga to notice the universe getting reset.

And Dio has Jesus as his Stand.

UdbKx7R.jpg

Jonathan is resurrected and acquires Stand Jesus as his own Stand after fusing with the saint's corpse, which is actually Dio's corpse.

And Dio has Jesus as his Stand.

UdbKx7R.jpg

Jonathan is resurrected and acquires Stand Jesus as his own Stand after fusing with the saint's corpse, which is actually Dio's corpse.

It's worth mentioning that all of the Stands in Jorge Joestar are named after movies rather than music, and DIO's Stand is called The Passion of the Christ.

You literally can't make this stuff up.

JayEH

I'm joking about Jorge being canon (though there's no reason it can't be) but I know that he considers the part 5 ones sort of canon. he worked closely with the authors because he really wanted a conclusion to Fugo's story and he liked the result. I also think having the new characters designed by him adds some validity to them.

jgminto

Araki doesn't give a shit about any of the non-manga stuff, I don't think there's a single extended media work that he considered canon after the initial release. It's just more stuff that could limit his creativity so why would he care?

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
I'm kinda curious about the PB movie but it's probably genuinely trash.

Like not 'so bad it's funny' by any stretch, just a z-tier effort on all fronts.

Let's be real, even if Araki was somehow responsible for The World Over Heaven it's still a lot better than the entirety of Jorge Joestar

I can't stop mentioning it someone help

cntr

Banned
I've been told by people who've read Jorge Joestar that it isn't fun. Like yeah the shit that happens is bonkers, but it's so boringly told that it's a slog to get through.

so it doesn't even have that going for it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom