• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joshu isn't a Jojo, I don't think it works with his name. It's just a joke.

There's three people who could be called "Jojo" in Part 8, but they're technically not different people. It's complicated.

Norisuke might be a Jojo too, since his birth name was also "Josuke"?
How do you mentally keep track of all of this?
Every inch of his body is total jerkass, which is why everyone dunks on him so hard.
He even has a shitty haircut.

I was really surprised when Josuke straight up killed Damo on the street. Like, I'd expect that from Passione members but not him.

What other Jojo's killed people?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I'm pretty sure this is a JoJo pose. I just don't remember which one.
8nC609m.png

I think the only Jojo that didn't kill anyone was Josuke.

I think he didn't kill anyone directly except the rats if we count those. However, pretty sure Angelo is gonna eventually die because of Josuke unless he stopped needing food and water when merged with the rock.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
No definitely not. Maybe it wasn't JoJo after all but I know I've seen that pose before with the hands look like they're holding something.

OH

OH

hqdefault.jpg

cntr

Banned
Every Jojo except Josuke has killed someone, heck, Jolyne kills someone in literally the first chapter she's in.

But only Giorno and Johnny have killed in cold blood, everybody else, including Gappy, have only done it when they're pissed off.

I'm not surprised by Giorno being a cold blooded killer. Based on what you guys told me I had already assumed he'd be one of the only Jojo's to kill in cold blood. Anybody else here enjoy reading the Toonami posts about the episode?

They haven't even seen the weirdest shit yet. I can't wait for them to react to that dude jumping out of the decapitated horse neck. I like how the loved Dio's Runway Model Wall Walk.

I have finally bought the first volume of Phantom Blood off of ComiXology today. It's pretty good stuff so far but I have a question. Do you need to read Phantom Blood and Battle Tendency in order to understand what's going on in Stardust Crusaders?

I have finally bought the first volume of Phantom Blood off of ComiXology today. It's pretty good stuff so far but I have a question. Do you need to read Phantom Blood and Battle Tendency in order to understand what's going on in Stardust Crusaders?

One of the Stardust Crusaders protagonists is a major character in Battle Tendency, and one of the main villains of Stardust Crusaders is a major character in Phantom Blood. You don't necessarily need to read the first two parts to get what's happening in part 3, but I'd suggest you read everything in order to fully enjoy Stardust Crusaders, and JoJo in general.

Yes and no. SDC is essentially a direct continuation from PB, but BT is more self-contained. However, a main character in SDC is from BT.

One of the Stardust Crusaders protagonists is a major character in Battle Tendency, and one of the main villains of Stardust Crusaders is a major character in Phantom Blood. You don't necessarily need to read the first two parts to get what's happening in part 3, but I'd suggest you read everything in order to fully enjoy Stardust Crusaders, and JoJo in general.

Good to know. I was wondering if I needed to read all of the parts or not. I hear a lot of things about Stardust Crusaders more so than the other ones.

cntr

Banned
Good to know. I was wondering if I needed to read all of the parts or not. I hear a lot of things about Stardust Crusaders more so than the other ones.
Stardust Crusaders is what made the series big, that's why you hear about it so much.

But part of the fun of Jojo is seeing Araki improve as a writer, and even when the parts don't have plotline connections, they have several thematic connections. Skipping parts is a big no-no for that reason.

Breads

Banned
Joshu isn't a Jojo, I don't think it works with his name. It's just a joke.

I know I know. Just keeping an old translation's ambiguity alive... one where you could have read it as the end of Higashikata forming a "Jo" if you place it before Josuke.

But really though I'm just here to hate on Joshu.

I do wonder where Jojolion is heading though.
Like... if they find a functional Rokakaka and the right order of sacrifices are made will Josefumi become the main protagonist and Kira the antagonist? Is that where this is going? We're like 60 monthly chapters in and there is no clear villain yet so I'm pretty much open to any theory.

Except for Jobbin being the supreme bad. He's cool but that's no end villain kit.

cntr

Banned
I'm pretty sure Jojolion is leading to Gappy realizing that he's "Josuke", his own person separate from Kira or Josefumi.

My personal theory (that won't actually happen) is that Jobin fuses with Joshu to create the true final boss, combining Jobin's intelligence and evil plots with Joshu's confidence and scumbaggery

Breads

Banned
tbqh he did say they're all the same person anyway

so Josuke, Josephmi, and "Josuke"

They're not the same person though.

"Norisuke", the leader of the Higashikata household, was born Josuke Melon Baller Supreme. He has no relation to the main Jojo (barring some lineage shenanigans currently untold).

Kujo Josefumi (an actual Jojo afaik) used his body to save Yoshikage Kira using the Rokakaka, the end result being a combination of the two, a new person we know as our four testicled protagonist "Josuke" "Higashikata", named after Yasuho's dog and then later being "adopted" by the Higashikata family.

I didn't know Kaato had her eyes split like Gappy. I wonder if she ended up fusing with the kid she got convicted of murdering.

Also remember Yoshikage Kira is the actual descendent of the Joestar bloodline in Jojolion.

Edit: Unrelated, but here's Act 4 exploding Diego fangirls.

Breads

Banned
I'm trying to figure out a theory that combines the rokakaka, the family curse, how norisuke cured himself (or jobin, as one of these instances of the curse has to be involved with kaato's use of the rokakaka), kaato, and the murdered child but nothing I think of makes sense.

Then I remembered that I am not Araki and I am doing this wrong.

Unfortunately I lack his capacity for this.

I'm trying to figure out a theory that combines the rokakaka, the family curse, how norisuke cured himself (or jobin, as one of these instances of the curse has to be involved with kaato's use of the rokakaka), kaato, and the murdered child but nothing I think of makes sense.

Then I remembered that I am not Araki and I am doing this wrong.

Unfortunately I lack his capacity for this.

Everyone's going to figure out that the only way to stop the illness is to stop DIEGO. 80 chapters in, we're going to Egypt!

I love Jojolion, it's so insane that everything is on the table. Fuck, Kars might come back from space for all we know.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
They're not the same person though.

"Norisuke", the leader of the Higashikata household, was born Josuke Melon Baller Supreme. He has no relation to the main Jojo (barring some lineage shenanigans currently untold).

Kujo Josefumi (an actual Jojo afaik) used his body to save Yoshikage Kira using the Rokakaka, the end result being a combination of the two, a new person we know as our four testicled protagonist "Josuke" "Higashikata", named after Yasuho's dog and then later being "adopted" by the Higashikata family.
Yeah, just going with the "Jojo" as a name than a character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom