• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astral

Fuuuuuuuuck it's here.

d55bb80b38.jpg

The slick hardcover, the gorgeous art up close and personal, the feeling of the pages on my fingertips, mamma mia. Reading it online doesn't even begin to compare.

latest

Legit me right now.

Astral

All the JoJoniums have been fantastic so far. I'm still impressed by how thick Battle Tendency's 4th volume was.

I went ahead and ordered all of Battle Tendency, fuck it. I'll also probably go ahead and buy Stardust Crusaders as they come out. It'll probably be around $200 but fuck it man. The fact that there's a large gap between volumes means I won't be spending all that at once and that makes me feel better.

Shmuppers

Tusk act 4 is the weirdest looking protag stand ever
latest
There is at least one panel where you can see under his poncho-thing, he has a pretty normal looking body. I think it's cool, kind of reminds me of Clint Eastwood's costume in A Fistful of Dollars

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
So what was up with yesterday's ep

Second half looked good and even had someone who knew what they were doing back on the storyboards. First half looked like they struggled to get that portion finished though, and I swear they cut some stuff although it's been a minute since I've read Super Fly. Or at least I don't remember the arc ending so abruptly, maybe it did.

So what was up with yesterday's ep

Second half looked good and even had someone who knew what they were doing back on the storyboards. First half looked like they struggled to get that portion finished though, and I swear they cut some stuff although it's been a minute since I've read Super Fly. Or at least I don't remember the arc ending so abruptly, maybe it did.

They cut most of Superfly's final chapter, which showed Superfly's user dripping blood on Josuke causing him to slip, which forced him to punch the tower and reflect back to safety.

I don't like that they cut this because

A) The fight ends super abruptly
B) This is where Josuke learns that dried blood counts as a completely seperate object, which is instrumental in defeating Kira.

As for the production issues, no anime production can sustain three cours straight with no breaks or recap episodes. Someone over at the production committee made the wrong call there and the show is clearly straining.

Fuuuuuuuuck it's here.

The slick hardcover, the gorgeous art up close and personal, the feeling of the pages on my fingertips, mamma mia. Reading it online doesn't even begin to compare.

latest

Legit me right now.

Haven't been keeping up with these, but I really want to get the Jojoniums. How is the translations in them? Have they been changing names like the previous Stardust Crusaders manga translation or not?

Thud

They cut most of Superfly's final chapter, which showed Superfly's user dripping blood on Josuke causing him to slip, which forced him to punch the tower and reflect back to safety.

B) This is where Josuke learns that dried blood counts as a completely seperate object, which is instrumental in defeating Kira.

As for the production issues, no anime production can sustain three cours straight with no breaks or recap episodes. Someone over at the production committee made the wrong call there and the show is clearly straining.

Yep, but it's too late complaining about that now. They're doing the best they can under these conditions. For this episode lots of directors had to chime in as well.

Despite that, JoJo's easily the highlight of the week.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map

Man, it's such a bummer. Most studios today can't even bang out 26 eps. consistently anymore, never mind 39.

I'll need to reread the final chapter later, I can't believe I forgot all that (despite liking the arc).

cntr

Banned
Act 4 is great, yo. It's like a robot luchador cowboy, I love it.

The panel where it appears for the first time is one of the hypest moments in all of Jojo, like holy shit wow

Tizoc

There is at least one panel where you can see under his poncho-thing, he has a pretty normal looking body. I think it's cool, kind of reminds me of Clint Eastwood's costume in A Fistful of Dollars
Wait it's wearing a poncho? Thst thing is a bright pink poncho?
goddamnit araki

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I also got the Jojo vol 1 of part 3 and man, it's so good. I already have all of stardust crusaders, but I'll be buying these Jojoniums because of their awesome quality.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I bought all of the part 2 Jojoniums, maybe I should grab the Part 1 ones too. It looks like they stopped the releases at Part 3 in japan though.

cntr

Banned
wow, I knew Hermes was basically female Polnareff, but only now did I realize that she had the same motivation as him, avenging their sisters

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know which moment does a better job of explaining Joshu's personality in the first chapter, the part where he screams "I'll kill you and then myself!" or his reaction to his own vomit.

Astral

My Part 2 Jojonium came in the mail today. This will be my first time reading anything below Part 3 because that's where I started once the season 1 anime ended. Goddamn at volumes 1 and 4. These things are thicker than a Kardashian.

cntr

Banned
Joshu isn't a Jojo, I don't think it works with his name. It's just a joke.

There's three people who could be called "Jojo" in Part 8, but they're technically not different people. It's complicated.

Norisuke might be a Jojo too, since his birth name was also "Josuke"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom