• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shmuppers

It's so surreal to see Jojo characters walking around with iPhones lol.

And man... we don't deserve Lonesome Tim.

"Even if you could welcome me with a smile... after I come back from my journeys... just for that, I am not afraid to fall into hell itself..."

cntr

Banned
Jojolion having modern phones is so good, damn flip phones to hell

Jojolion in general feels really "modern" in a good way

Tizoc

The panel with Zeppeli in the air is just too much
bPaQ3WC.jpg

Why is Zeppeli in one panel sitting on a wooden fench and then in the next panel he's sitting on a fucking stone brick wall?

Erina and Jonathan are walking down a road with a wooden fence on one side and a brick wall on the other. Zeppeli uses weird ripple jump abilities to travel back and forth to disorient both Jonathan and the reader.

Erina and Jonathan are walking down a road with a wooden fence on one side and a brick wall on the other. Zeppeli uses weird ripple jump abilities to travel back and forth to disorient both Jonathan and the reader.
I think it happened before he even started ripple jumping all over the place.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Probably late on this, but just discovered that the name change for Enigma to Misterioso not only is the spanish word for "Mysterious", but also the name of an 1958 jazz album by Thelonious Monk Quartet.

....At the very least, whenever they do a name change, they try to keep the music references. Wonder if Araki approved of the name considering, if I recall, he played a role in approving or coming up with the name changes for All-Star Battle, which pretty much set the standard for US names.

If Funny Valentine ran for president in this day and age would people have related to his "take the napkin" message?

"Suppose that you were sitting down at this table. The napkins are in front of you, which napkin would you take? The one on your ‘left’? Or the one on your ‘right’? The one on your left side? Or the one on your right side? Usually you would take the one on your left side. That is ‘correct’ too. But in a larger sense on society, that is wrong. Perhaps I could even substitute ‘society’ with the ‘Universe’. The correct answer is that ‘It is determined by the one who takes his or her own napkin first.’ …Yes? If the first one takes the napkin to their right, then there’s no choice but for others to also take the ‘right’ napkin. The same goes for the left. Everyone else will take the napkin to their left, because they have no other option. This is ‘society’…"

I mean, aside from a few sentences being a little bit too long, this could be straight out of Trump's fat mouth.

"Suppose that you were sitting down at this table. The napkins are in front of you, which napkin would you take? The one on your ‘left’? Or the one on your ‘right’? The one on your left side? Or the one on your right side? Usually you would take the one on your left side. That is ‘correct’ too. But in a larger sense on society, that is wrong. Perhaps I could even substitute ‘society’ with the ‘Universe’. The correct answer is that ‘It is determined by the one who takes his or her own napkin first.’ …Yes? If the first one takes the napkin to their right, then there’s no choice but for others to also take the ‘right’ napkin. The same goes for the left. Everyone else will take the napkin to their left, because they have no other option. This is ‘society’…"

I mean, aside from a few sentences being a little bit too long, this could be straight out of Trump's fat mouth.

If Trump suddenly loses weight I'm gonna start gettin real worried.

Probably late on this, but just discovered that the name change for Enigma to Misterioso not only is the spanish word for "Mysterious", but also the name of an 1958 jazz album by Thelonious Monk Quartet.

....At the very least, whenever they do a name change, they try to keep the music references. Wonder if Araki approved of the name considering, if I recall, he played a role in approving or coming up with the name changes for All-Star Battle, which pretty much set the standard for US names.
What about Zipper Man? And almost all of part 5?

Hatty

I was curious about the new JoJoniums, and whether they modified the translation from the originals. I can confirm that the text has been slightly updated if that matters to anyone.

Original is on the left

Not really sure which one I prefer
Though hopefully they fix some of the clumsier lines

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I have the original release of SC, and yes the text is different. I actually went back and compared the two versions. Here's my take on it... Sometimes the changes are better in the Jojonium release, but there's other times where I prefer the original version. It's weird. It'll definitely be cool to go back and forth throughout its release!

Also, I did not like the French words in the OG version, so I'm glad they're gone in the Jojonium release. Reason being is that a lot of the times they didn't translate the French that was being said from Polnareff.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
What about Zipper Man? And almost all of part 5?
I'd have to look more into Part 5, but I want to say that Zipper Man references the cover of Sticky Fingers, which is a close-up of a man's jean zipper.

Even Cool Ice seems to work since it seems be a reference to the movie "Cool as Ice", which started Vanilla Ice.

I think David Productions comes up with the name changes and forwards them to Crunchyroll?
That could be possible since there was some new name changes not present in the video games by Namco.

cntr

Banned
David Pro tries to keep music references, Namco, not as much.

I think the "mouth flaps" play a role too, like, "Highway Star" is four syllables in Japanese (High-way su-tar), right?

So my thinking is that they went with "Highway Go-Go" (referencing the Wham! song, four syllables) so that the dub can match the mouth flaps, as opposed to something like "Freeway Star" (three syllables)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Now that I think of some of the name changes, Namco just went with changing adjectives & such for certain names, especially with Part 5 & 6, not to mention a few on Part 4 (i.e. Killer to Deadly)

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Flaccid Pancake must stick though.

David Pro change that and I'm washing my hands of them tbh.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Clear sensible english in my JoJos? Disgusting. I will not stand for this.

Duwang for life!

Shmuppers

Well, I'm finally current on Jojo!

Is the panel about the parfait some sort of metanarrative by Araki describing the state of the Jojo universe? Particularly the bit where he pulls the spoon out and all the layers mesh?

Turns out "Do you remember how many breads you have eaten" is a canon line. I guess I just liked to assume DP were just having fun with the script. When Dio is blocking Zeppeli's punch in that pose it just looks like Dio has one giant fucking leg.

The weird thing is that all of Namco's name changes were approved by Araki (whatever that means).

Well, I'm finally current on Jojo!

Is the panel about the parfait some sort of metanarrative by Araki describing the state of the Jojo universe? Particularly the bit where he pulls the spoon out and all the layers mesh?

Araki was probably just hungry as fuck because that parfait looked delicious. However, I fully believe that the parfait will be the key to beating Nut King Cole Requiem when the final battle rolls around.

Sort of like how the Asari in the new Mass Effect was named Peebee.

KingDirk

I had to show my wife Kira's St. Gentleman scene today in the hopes that would cheer me up a bit.

I am now worried she thinks the election has completely broken me.

(It has, mind you, but JoJo's has nothing to do with that.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom