• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Numb

I wanna cop Moon but like, I'm at the point now where I haven't beat an RPG in goddamn eons and I gotta admit to myself that another Pokemans is gonna get three to five hours of play before it sits on my shelf forever.

I just accepted buying games and not finishing them as much as before
Leaning more towards online games that don't require story completion

I've been thinking about it for awhile now, but man it's funny to think the fanbase had reservations about Morikawa's Kira. He's been absolutely phenomenal.

It's a nice tie.
Like did he buy them or did he just go back to his place after he switched faces and Jotaro and crew didn't surveil his place under the assumption that Kira wouldn't return to retrieve his nice expensive Killer Queen ties?
I've been thinking about it for awhile now, but man it's funny to think the fanbase had reservations about Morikawa's Kira. He's been absolutely phenomenal.
I knew shit about Kira beforehand and I've loved his portrayal from pretty much the get go. The outbursts and how he goes from calm and collected to terrorizing has been great. Makes me wonder what Kira would've been like if Koyasu did him or if they switched characters. I must also mention that Kira is greatly helped out by having an excellent unsettling and creepy theme. The whole package just elevates the performance. Is there two Kira themes or is it just one long one? Cause there are definitely parts to it that were not there in the earlier episodes.

Tizoc

Thats not how arms work araki
latest

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Does Kira ever explain why he went from "I must become Kosaku Kawajiri" to "I'm wearing my favorite Kira Qween tie today."

Maybe Kosaku just happened to own the same tie.

I also checked through all the chapters, he starts using it the the second chapter of the Stray Cat Arc.
iu7cnl4.jpg

Thats not how arms work araki
latest
When has Araki ever given a shit about the limits of human anatomy? Nothing gets in the way of a pose.
I guess Kira's rich enough and attached to his badass cat to own several and must match his cat. The dude is OCD enough to the point where not matching Killer Queen would probably fuck with him. "I'm not matching Killer Queen. Dame dame dame, that won't do, that won't do at all. Shinobu I'm going to a tailor..."
Maybe Kosaku just happened to own the same tie.

I also checked through all the chapters, he starts using it the the second chapter of the Stray Cat Arc.
iu7cnl4.jpg
I wonder if Shinobu ever commented on when Kosaku stopped dressing like a bum. Cause that man did not have Kira's suit game.

A couple of interesting facts I learned last night

-Stardust Crusaders was finished before the Cell Games arc began in DBZ.

-There is a good chance that Jonathan inhaling air bubbles underwater inspired that same mechanic in Sonic

Fucking Jojo man.

cntr

Banned
that sonic thing would be amazing if it's true

it'd be interesting to see what manga ran concurrently with each part

Well in the years that Stardust crusaders was running, manga like Berserk, ippo, ghost in the shell, battle angel alita, slam dunk, ushio and tora, yu yu hakusho and Baki the grappler began.

The diamond is unbreakable years saw the debut of series like blade of the immortal, monster, evangelion, rurouni kenshin, and tenchi muyo.

Vento Aureo: Flame of Recca, Initial D, Trigun, Cardcaptor Sakura, inuyasha, kaiji, outlaw star, utena, yugioh, GTO, hamtaro, Hellsing, one piece (woof), hikaru no go, hunter x Hunter, shaman king, vagabond, 20th century boys, azumanga daioh, beck, naruto, sgt frog and a whole bunch of other things because 95 to 99 were big years.

Stone ocean: chobits, gantz, 7 seeds, bleach, fullmetal alchemist, black lagoon, eyeshield 21.

Those are the major ones I know, there are probably a bunch more. SBR and onwards is more the 'modern era' so I'll leave that alone.

Pompadour

Sometimes I wonder what Araki's endgame is with making Joshu the most unlikable shithead in part 8.

That's when I begin to fear the future most.

Joshu is a great character. He decided we needed another Rohan but one that's an asshole in a completely unlikable way. He's a whiny prick, coward, and looks like a huge dork and it's fantastic.

Araki's how to create manga book is slated to come out in the US on June 6th and on June 15 in the U.K. if anyone else was wondering.

Nice. I don't really draw so that aspect is kinda lost to me but I'm curious about the storytelling and worldbuilding aspects. Araki is already one of my biggest inspirations when writing but it'd be cool to have his techniques laid out in text.

Joshu even obsesses after Yasuho the same way Rohan did Koichi
Is this something that isn't being translated right in the anime or am I not remembering specific things right because I can't see Rohan obsessing over Koichi outside of the intro arc when Rohan wanted to essentially steal his life memories to use in his manga.

Eyes of Heaven is half off on PSN this week. Only $30. If you have PS+ and you use the one time 10% off coupon you can drop that price to about $24.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Eyes of Heaven is half off on PSN this week. Only $30. If you have PS+ and you use the one time 10% off coupon you can drop that price to about $24.
Aaaahhhh, guess I'll give in & nab it. It's probably the lowest it'll get.

Is it easy to platinum in comparison to All-Star Battle?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Looks like there's 3 online trophies (one & 5 fights, then partake in a 4-player battle), which hopefully won't be too bad due to the current sale.

I would imagine the only annoying one would be getting S-ranks on all Story Mode battles.

Either way, while I'm glad it's finally discounted, why did it have to happen while I have a current backlog & a week before FF15...

Pompadour

Does Kira ever explain why he went from "I must become Kosaku Kawajiri" to "I'm wearing my favorite Kira Qween tie today."

99% of the time in Jojo it feels like what characters are wearing is an artistic flourish and not actually what they're wearing in the reality of the Jojo universe. Whenever the heroes are looking for the stand's user they should just immediately attack the guy who has covered himself in knick knacks.

99% of the time in Jojo it feels like what characters are wearing is an artistic flourish and not actually what they're wearing in the reality of the Jojo universe. Whenever the heroes are looking for the stand's user they should just immediately attack the guy who has covered himself in knick knacks.
"That motherfuckers hair is far too elaborate, Jotaro, hit him with Star Platinum."

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Dumb though, shouldn't Dio's Bone have brought back Jonathan in Part 6? I mean, it was his finger bone after all. Should have used a tooth or something.

cntr

Banned
I don't think applying logic to the Plan for Heaven really works, but look at Giorno, he's genetically Jonathan's son, but he's spiritually Dio's son. And that's what really matters.

e: I always liked how Speedwagon tells Dio that he was born evil, but Araki then went and proved Speedwagon wrong with Giorno and Diego

Aaaahhhh, guess I'll give in & nab it. It's probably the lowest it'll get.

Is it easy to platinum in comparison to All-Star Battle?
What makes ASB difficult? Speaking of which, I just started volume 2 of Jojolion, so I think I can safely play it without fear of spoilers.

I think for the potential part 5 anime thread if anyone asks anything about the next episode we should just post a screen of the episode title and leave it at that.

God help me if the anime threads have any more hint hint bullshit and whining about said bullshit :(

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
ASB was like the easiest game to plat lol.
Seriously. That's why I was wondering if EoH was as easy to platinum like ASB....though maybe I should've worded my previous post a bit better. Is EoH as easy to platinum like it was with ASB?

Shmuppers

I think for the potential part 5 anime thread if anyone asks anything about the next episode we should just post a screen of the episode title and leave it at that.

God help me if the anime threads have any more hint hint bullshit and whining about said bullshit :(
It's bad lol. I feel like part 5 will be harder to spoil because the spoilers don't make any sense.

"The stand makes girls give birth to a computer program"

"This character puts things in your mouth"

"Italian Frozone"

etc etc

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
The thing with Jojo spoilers, is the longer the series goes, the harder it is to tell real spoilers from bullshit.

Look, I'll prove it.

In a Part 7 side story written by Akari, Louis Polnareff, The King of Italy, and descendant of Leonardo Da Vinci, secretly comes to the United States to destroy the corpse of Jesus using the Holy Grail, in order to prevent an Apocalypse Scenario predicted by Da Vinci's code. Lucy Steel is contacted by what is assumed to be the Ghost of Jesus, who is tasked with defending the corpse. She, along with Vice President Speedwagon, join forces to defeat Polnareff.

If anything, that's too tame to be an actual Jojo spoiler!

Z

ZelbZelb

Unconfirmed Member
Seriously. That's why I was wondering if EoH was as easy to platinum like ASB....though maybe I should've worded my previous post a bit better. Is EoH as easy to platinum like it was with ASB?

I would say it's more time consuming/ harder than ASB. Namely because you have to S Rank all story missions.

I haven't bought the game, just played the US demo. From what I remember, at the results screen after battle, you can press square to see a smash bros-esque list of mini achievements that goes towards your score total. Things like how much health you have, how much health your partner has, if you completed a team combo, a DHA, etc. Pay close attention to that. The tutorial battle is 1v1, so you'll have to concentrate on other ways to up your score. The other half is how much time you took to complete the mission, and how many 'Jojolities' you performed. Jojolities are character specific missions in each fight. Most are easy like land a move 3 times or finish someone with a DHA. Some are super tough, though, like Kakyoin's 'don't get touched for 30 seconds straight' or 'ping-pong bounce the opponent off of 3 heirophant barriers straight. You can look up your character's JoJolities at the results screen by pressing triangle, I think. They appear as ???? until you do them yourself. On top off all that, there are extra tasks your can perform that will unlock costumes, colors and customization materials instead of buying them at the shop.

The rest of the achievements are whatever. Hopefully the Jojolity achievements are just doing the same ones over and over until you hit 100 total, and not doing 100 unique ones...

Also, just a heads up, the online is terrrrriiiiiblllleee. Maybe even worse that ASB. That's quite an achievement. So you better act fast. Also to whom it may concern, there's no local multiplayer what so ever. If that's a deal breaker, there's nothing really that's going to make up for it.

S ranking story missions doesn't seem as bad as trying to find Harvest 5 times in every story map for the Kameyu stickers. That shit just seems extremely tedious

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom