• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

ZelbZelb

Unconfirmed Member
S ranking story missions doesn't seem as bad as trying to find Harvest 5 times in every story map for the Kameyu stickers. That shit just seems extremely tedious

If I remember correctly, I heard that Johnny is good for that. His horse is fast, and he can snipe those Harvest with his projectiles.

Thud

I think for the potential part 5 anime thread if anyone asks anything about the next episode we should just post a screen of the episode title and leave it at that.

God help me if the anime threads have any more hint hint bullshit and whining about said bullshit :(

Apparently linking to songs is a spoiler now or something like that.

Maybe I should have just left it as an avatar quote. I still believe he's trolling everyone. I mean the episode title was right after the bath scene ffs.

Apparently linking to songs is a spoiler now or something like that.

Maybe I should have just left it as an avatar quote. I still believe he's trolling everyone. I mean the episode title was right after the bath scene ffs.

This is why I don't post in the Part 4 OT lol.

oh hey, the sequel to this

Dv8Iko0M.jpg

Already delivering and I haven't even read anything yet

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Since we're in the last two chapters (and an epilogue), how do you think will they split up the remaining eps?

I cannot contain my hype about the amount of kills that are about to happen. I really hope anime only watches get the same experience I did reading the manga

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Something hip-hop related for Vento Aureo's adaptation is a must, even if it's just for a few character themes.

Astral

I was trying to figure out what shirts match with purple pants and I came across this image

purple-pants-with-white-collage.jpg

That pose on the right stood out to me immediately lol.

Squishy3

I hope we get a new composer for Part 5. Yugo Kanno is good stuff but I'm in the mood for a different take for the mob.
It's a shame there isn't really a "Dio" theme the way there was the Stardust Crusaders song for Jotaro, then they could do like they did for Josuke in Part 4 and have Giorno's theme be a new song that incorporates Dio's theme into it like Josuke's incorporates the Stardust Crusaders leitmotif into it.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I was thinking about given some of these mons stand names.

I did that with Black 2 and White 2, not actual Stands but named everyone after bands...

Samurott was Blue Oyster.
Vanilluxe was Ice Cube.
Haxorus was Axel F.
Krookodile was Corey Hart.
Sigilyph was Pink Floyd.

Forgot what I named Klinklang though, I think it was The Machine.

So we all know JoJo is a music gateway drug, I admit I've bought a Bangles and Savage Garden cd because of the anime, but any other anime/manga (hell let's include JoJo in here too) make you fans of a band? I'm still a Sum41 (yeah I know) fan because of DBZ Bardock Father of Goku dub tape I bought back in like 2000, same with Dream Theater and History of Trunks.

cntr

Banned
Honestly I can't think of any other manga that's as heavy with references as Jojo. Aside from manga about music, like Beck, but I haven't read that yet.

Honestly I can't think of any other manga that's as heavy with references as Jojo. Aside from manga about music, like Beck, but I haven't read that yet.

You should read Beck. It has a dude wearing a Converge shirt. Only Converge reference you'll see in manga!

Also I guess we can count Japanese bands as well, since opening and endings are pretty big for shows

Squishy3

You should read Beck. It has a dude wearing a Converge shirt. Only Converge reference you'll see in manga!

Also I guess we can count Japanese bands as well, since opening and endings are pretty big for shows
Beck's manga is super strong, especially since the anime didn't cover everything.

Beck's ending is one of the best I've read. The references in Beck don't even cover just musi, there's one part where they're walking past or through an arcade or something and there's a Makunouchi Ippo "test your strength" boxing machine.

So we all know JoJo is a music gateway drug, I admit I've bought a Bangles and Savage Garden cd because of the anime, but any other anime/manga (hell let's include JoJo in here too) make you fans of a band? I'm still a Sum41 (yeah I know) fan because of DBZ Bardock Father of Goku dub tape I bought back in like 2000, same with Dream Theater and History of Trunks.

FLCL, The Pillows.

Although I think their later stuff is definitely not up to par with the albums FLCL used for its soundtrack, which makes the "Pillows doing FLCL Season 2 soundtrack" announcement sort of worrying haha.

Thud

I did that with Black 2 and White 2, not actual Stands but named everyone after bands...

Samurott was Blue Oyster.
Vanilluxe was Ice Cube.
Haxorus was Axel F.
Krookodile was Corey Hart.
Sigilyph was Pink Floyd.

Forgot what I named Klinklang though, I think it was The Machine.

D4C (Yungoos) took the first pokeball.

My team are One Piece characters tho.

Today is the day!

Edit: They got a lot farther than i thought they would, wouldn't be surprised to see the OP change next week.

Also, anime watchers aren't ready for the fuckery next week, lmao.
Wouldn't be surprised to hear folks call it a goofy and lame ability this week, especially with all of the hype around it.

Pompadour

I'm glad the anime spent extra time explaining how Bites the Dust actually works because I always thought how Hayato came back to life didn't really gel with how the ability worked for the rest of the arc. Although I can't say the explanation made perfect sense, either.

So Bites the Dust rewound time by an hour (was that time frame in the manga?) so that Kira could stop himself from killing Hayato. So does that mean Bites the Dust was placed on himself? And what triggered it? It had to have been on him since 1) Kira remembered killing Hayato and 2) Hayato did not.

I mean, I guess I can accept the ability worked one way and then works a different way the rest of the arc but that always bugged me when I read it initially and the anime adding some extra explanation certainly vindicates my thoughts.

I think that sounds about right. He put it on Hayato after the bath because Hayato knew his identity and could tell someone.
If he put it on himself after killing Hayato, then if someone learned his identity from him, then it would activate? I guess it still worked even if the person who knew his identity was dead, but their body could still implicate Kira as evidence.

Sort of makes sense. A little.

Pompadour

I think that sounds about right. He put it on Hayato after the bath because Hayato knew his identity and could tell someone.
If he put it on himself after killing Hayato, then if someone learned his identity from him, then it would activate? I guess it still worked even if the person who knew his identity was dead, but their body could still implicate Kira as evidence.

Sort of makes sense. A little.

Yeah, that makes sense but then logically Kira should have hunted down the heroes and told them his true identity so they'd explode and time would rewind. The weakness of Bites the Dust is that if Kira reveals his identity, not Hayato, then the bomb doesn't work and he doesn't have KQ to defend himself. However, if he could place it on himself then shouldn't it work the same way as when it was placed on Hayato?

When I read the manga I just assumed that Hayato didn't actually die when Kira attacked him. So I rationalized that Bites the Dust can't be placed on Kira himself but instead he needed a vector to carry the Stand for it work.

In the final chapter of the fight, when Kira is attempting to use Bites the Dust on the nurse, we can see him attempting to push the switch like his 1st and 2nd bomb.

Ergo, my head-explanation is that Kira must have to set off Bites the Dust and the time loop when he implants it into someone else for the first time. This time loop he remembers, which is why he still remembered everything after he thought he won.

Pompadour

In the final chapter of the fight, when Kira is attempting to use Bites the Dust on the nurse, we can see him attempting to push the switch like his 1st and 2nd bomb.

Ergo, my head-explanation is that Kira must have to set off Bites the Dust and the time loop when he implants it into someone else for the first time.

Yeah, and I also have a lot of issues with Bites the Dust being used there. That whole scene read as Araki just trying to ratchet up the tension.

Although one could read it as Kira not knowing how his power actually works which makes sense because he only had it for, what, ten hours at that point?

ConmanIX

The only thing that confuses me is how did Hayoto's memories read by Heaven's Door show future events, like the man sneezing, etc? Wouldn't that mean he did one loop before, so he could have experienced them. If so, what sent him back the first time? Since it said Rohan dies, doesn't that mean he died in a previous loop?

Or am I being dumb and missing something :p

Breads

Banned
The only thing that confuses me is how did Hayoto's memories read by Heaven's Door show future events, like the man sneezing, etc? Wouldn't that mean he did one loop before, so he could have experienced them. If so, what sent him back the first time? Since it said Rohan dies, doesn't that mean he died in a previous loop?

It crammed in several weeks of manga craziness and buildup into one episode. Although the answer is clearly yes the impact is lost by the fact that they did indeed include so much in this single episode... which is fine. It would have been difficult to have it any other way.

Pompadour

That's something I never got, either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom