• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

wwm0nkey

That's it guys I'm getting Arby's

iuljxekgf7yx.gif

On volume 5 of Phantom Blood. God damn at the vampire mom biting off her kids face. They didn't even show that in the anime. In one panel Jonathan's Pluck sword is a straight sword, in the next it's a curved sword.

The guy in the anime thread said he's waiting for character development from Jotaro

in Stardust Crusaders

Did Jotaro even have a character beyond "ora ora"

Yes? Why do so many people act like "cool-headed in any crisis and stoic" makes him not a character? He's very different than Jonathan and Joseph. He just, like most JoJos, doesn't develop beyond what he is, but that's not a bad thing. Jotaro being who he is helps SDC because he's surrounded by a bunch of crazies and assholes, and he just wants to get shit done and save his mom.

Jotaro is strong and cool and he's my friend and i love him

cntr

Banned
Stands come from the mind, right? And Star Platinum is really expressive.

When you see Star Platinum grinning as he punches a shark, that's Jotaro.

Stands come from the mind, right? And Star Platinum is really expressive.

When you see Star Platinum grinning as he punches a shark, that's Jotaro.
But Jotaro loves ocean life though. In Phantom Blood there was a farmer named Jeff Beck. I wonder if Dan Hamar is a play on Jan Hammer.

Astral

Yes? Why do so many people act like "cool-headed in any crisis and stoic" makes him not a character? He's very different than Jonathan and Joseph. He just, like most JoJos, doesn't develop beyond what he is, but that's not a bad thing. Jotaro being who he is helps SDC because he's surrounded by a bunch of crazies and assholes, and he just wants to get shit done and save his mom.

Jotaro is strong and cool and he's my friend and i love him

I've learned to appreciate Jotaro so much more over the years. People associate his cool-headedness with having no personality but it's his cool-headedness that makes him so great to me. You know when he actually loses his cool and gets pissed that shit is about to get real. It's something I kinda liked about Giorno. The guy was always calm and cool but the few times he legit got angry I was like "oh shit."

Phew, didn't mean to say Jotaro was just a plank of wood. It's just that he left more of an impression on me as the mentor figure in DiU, though it could be its been a while since I've reread SC.

I had actually forgotten about those moments where Star Platinum emoted though.

The guy in the anime thread said he's waiting for character development from Jotaro

in Stardust Crusaders

Did Jotaro even have a character beyond "ora ora"

Phew, didn't mean to say Jotaro was just a plank of wood. It's just that he left more of an impression on me as the mentor figure in DiU, though it could be its been a while since I've reread SC.

I had actually forgotten about those moments where Star Platinum emoted though.

I mean it's not overt or anything, and SDC Jotaro is pretty serious, but he does go from 'too cool for school my mom is a bitch' to openly crying once everyone goes their separate ways.

Jotaro in general is more expressive in the manga compared to the anime, mainly because making him 100% stoic is more work to animate.

I was reading Junji Ito's "Army of one" and it sounded like it was some kind of stand. I was telling myself 'this must be the work of an enemy stand'. Lol

Knowing that tomorrow's episode will conclude Cheap Trick and My Dad is Not My Dad, that leaves 5 episodes for Bites the Dust and Crazy Diamond is Unbreakable. Can David Pro cover it all without making it feel rushed? I've been anticipating this for so long, crazy to think it's gonna come to an end soon :O

I was hoping they'd end the episode with Hayato dead. But they were already cutting it close so I get it. Hopefully next week they have Kira kill Hayato, then go into the OP.

Koichi gives no fucks man. He grew up fast.

Astral

When does Rohan die again? Is it after the ability is already introduced? I remember being pretty upset when he died only to feel relief once Kira activated Bites the Dust.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I think Rohan dies for the first time at the end of the third chapter, so it'll probably happen in the next episode. I'm not sure if they'll show Hayato waking up again in the next episode or if they'll save it for the episode after that.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Five episodes of DIU left.
I imagine it will go like this.

35: Another One Bites the Dust Part 1
36: Another One Bites the Dust Part 2
37: Crazy Diamond is Unbreakable Part 1
38: Crazy Diamond is Unbreakable Part 2
39: Goodbye Morioh.

Then comes the wait for Vento Aureo.

Imagine if there was an entire chapter of part 8 where Josuke just ora oras the shit out of someone

Like I'm talking 40 straight pages of "I spent a month drawing a robot ghost thing punch the shit out of someone"

Astral

Imagine if there was an entire chapter of part 8 where Josuke just ora oras the shit out of someone

Like I'm talking 40 straight pages of "I spent a month drawing a robot ghost thing punch the shit out of someone"

This would actually be really cool as long as there's other stuff going on as well. Like people reacting lol.

Finished SBR. I understand the love for it. I started reading in color after Tusk 4 appeared, and it was beautiful.

I wonder how I would have taken Dio reemergence had I not been spoiled long ago? I was surprised that it happened after Valentine's fall, because the SBR music reference video made it seem as though Dio preceded it. Either way, I didn't mind it, and Lucy's idea was pretty cool. I loved seeing The World's head blown apart. It was kind of shocking, but satisfying in a weird way.

Anyway, time to finally start Jojolion. I can't believe I'm almost caught up with Jojo.

Tizoc

I cannot wait for the jojolion anime when The Rock becomes president of the usa and for people to discover Joshuu

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
I wanna cop Moon but like, I'm at the point now where I haven't beat an RPG in goddamn eons and I gotta admit to myself that another Pokemans is gonna get three to five hours of play before it sits on my shelf forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom