• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rewatching today's op, it feels weird that the "everyone joins Reimi in pointing to the Sky" part still played regularly. Guessing it's meant to be symbolic or something.

Breads

Banned
I wonder how the King Crimson OP will change.

Would it just show King Crimson's big stupid face and skip 10 seconds at a time through the intro.

cntr

Banned
I thought the episode was gonna end with Josuke showing up behind Kira, but having it end right before that was even better.
I was really surprised by that, but I guess it keeps up the suspense and fits better with the episode time!

Did you guys notice that the phone was quietly ringing while Kira was drinking his tea?

Tizoc

So Kira explains that the reason he took on Kawajiri's face wasn't because he was trying to flee or is afraid from the gang.
He just doesn't like conflict, because it goes against his views of a quiet life.
Sure, Kira, whatever you say.

Astral

So this is the part where Kira stands there gloating to Hayato long enough for Josuke to walk in and listen in on them right? How does Josuke make it before Rohan explodes though? I need a refresher.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
So this is the part where Kira stands there gloating to Hayato long enough for Josuke to walk in and listen in on them right? How does Josuke make it before Rohan explodes though? I need a refresher.

Remember when Hayato was holding the phone after the missed call? You could hear a dialing tone during that scene because he was calling Josuke to make sure he made it on time.

cntr

Banned
Hayato, after picking up the phone,
looks up Josuke in the phone book, and calls him and immediately hangs up so that Josuke wakes up early, and causes him to arrive a few minutes earlier than he would've normally done.

So glad everything is getting amimted perfectly. My second favorite Kira got his time to be cocky now it's gonna be a rough fall. Just loving everything at looking forward for the best part of Jojo in Part V

Astral

Remember when Hayato was holding the phone after the missed call? You could hear a dialing tone during that scene because he was calling Josuke to make sure he made it on time.

looks up Josuke in the phone book, and calls him and immediately hangs up so that Josuke wakes up early, and causes him to arrive a few minutes earlier than he would've normally done.

Oh right. Fuck, Hayato is real as fuck.

Style

Banned
For Stardust Crusaders final OP we had The World stop it and for Diamond Is Ubreakable we got a rewind OP. You know what this means for Part 5, right?

When the OP is about to start we'll just hear "King Crimson!" and it'll cut to the end of the OP.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
I think it's better to end on the rock bottom despair. Makes everybody in the anime thread freak the fuck out about how they'll get out of this.

Honestly, I think it's so that
in the beginning of the next episode, Crazy Diamond can fix the OP. And if they do, my hype is going to be through the roof!

I was kind of annoyed that they revealed that Rohan wasn't perma dead at the end of the last episode, (Because I totally wanted it to end right after he exploded to freak out my GF) but it sounds like this episode ends at an even better place.

Also, the edited ending is hype as hell.

For Stardust Crusaders final OP we had The World stop it and for Diamond Is Ubreakable we got a rewind OP. You know what this means for Part 5, right?

When the OP is about to start we'll just hear "King Crimson!" and it'll cut to the end of the OP.

Should show the characters just massively confused right afterwards.

cntr

Banned
Have Part 5's opening be Cowboy Bebop-style, except based around film reels. Then have the reels break and jump around when King Crimson is introduced.

For Part 6, have the orientation of the opening, not including the characters, flip sideways. And then have a second opening where everything within the opening speeds up, except the characters, and they have to deal with it within the opening.

For Part 6, have the orientation of the opening, not including the characters, flip sideways. And then have a second opening where everything within the opening speeds up, except the characters, and they have to deal with it within the opening.

"Stone Ocean's opening but every time they say "Jojo" it speeds up"

Baha

I hope that the final OP for part 5 does something with the fact that
they change bodies during Requiem

Yep, if anything Part 5's crazy OP shenanigans will revolve around
Requiem and everyone's gonna be like "wait why the fuck is King Crimson with Buccellati"
and then they remember "oh yeah because Part 5 is the best"

Probably a lot of arrow shit too, and at some point a stone turned into a beetle that flies toward the ocean, wink wink.

I hope they don't screw with part 5 character names given a lot of them are named after food, I need that to stay.

Baha

Yep, if anything Part 5's crazy OP shenanigans will revolve around
Requiem and everyone's gonna be like "wait why the fuck is King Crimson with Buccellati"
and then they remember "oh yeah because Part 5 is the best"

Probably a lot of arrow shit too, and at some point a stone turned into a beetle that flies toward the ocean, wink wink.

I hope they don't screw with part 5 character names given a lot of them are named after food, I need that to stay.

If Toriyama can get away with naming characters after random shit in DBZ, I think the part 5 character names will be fine.

What would part 7's be? The opening switches between Johnny, Gyro and Diego and Jonathan, William and Dio?
It's the same OP, but everyone has been replaced with various alternate Valentines'.
Part 6 op just speeds up until it cuts to a song that's similar, but not the same as the first.

Honestly

The part 5 OP will be a regular opening. But near the end, itll play but with omitted parts shown during it, making it a longer OP

Ezalc

We already had The World needlessly shoehorned in part 7 once, there's no need to do so again in a theoretical OP later on when he isn't the main villain. OP should focus on D4C's powers.

Tizoc

y'ALL do know Toonami be using King Crimson right?

Holy shit. I forgot Josuke arrives AFTER Rohan dies.
PREPTIMEBOYZ

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
Ah man, i knew I shouldn't have clicked that spoiler. The best part of Part 4 has been how much stuff I forgot and got to experience again. That's kind of a rarity with such good things, almost like experiencing it for the first time again.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Speaking of Jojo & Toonami, on December 17th, Toonami is going to air two episodes of Jojo that night. Episode 9, the end of Part 1, & Episode 10, the beginning of Part 2.

Also have a feeling Jojo will have a marathon of 7 episodes (so 4 through 10) near the end of Dec. since it's Xmas & New Years weekend & I don't see the other shows getting one.

"Stone Ocean's opening but every time they say "Jojo" it speeds up"

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom