• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

Man the next episode should have a unique intro where we get the BtD variation but then it cuts to Crazy Diamond fixing it.
Can't wait to see people's reaction to Hayato's prep time X3

EDIT: Found a site selling Jojoveller for around $80, should I bite at that price?

I just found out that Araki wrote a book on movies in general and one on horror movies. I hope Viz Media takes those on when they're finished with the manga book.

Thud

I wonder if any other studio would put as much love into it as DP does? The anime has some issues, but it's clearly made with love for the source material.

Yep. While I think other studios would be able to provide more consistent and better art, they wouldn't be able to shine when it truly matters.

Tizoc

OK seriously, Roundabout HAS to return for THAT scene in D4C Love Train. The FEELS will be amplified tenfold.

Also is there gonna be a new jojolion chapter this december?

Thud

I think a lot of music would fit part 7.

But I would want something that illustrates Johnny's journey from a spoiled shitty brat to a great guy you could depend on.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I can't see them not doing parts 5 and 6 at this point. Its part 7 that has me worried. There really should be no reason for them to not, but its really long compared to everything else.
Part 5's fights are begging to be animated. I think it's the part that would benefit most from an anime adaptation. Its main appeal was in its glam factor and cool fights.

okay but imagine Josuke and friends fighting alongside Kenshiro

"Koichi, Okuyasu, I don't know what the fuck is going on but this is probably the greatest thing that has happened to me since the time I saved Jotaro from a rat"

"WHY DO I KEEP GETTING DRAGGED INTO THIS SHIT FUCK YOU JOTARO"

Squishy3

okay but imagine Josuke and friends fighting alongside Kenshiro

"Koichi, Okuyasu, I don't know what the fuck is going on but this is probably the greatest thing that has happened to me since the time I saved Jotaro from a rat"

"WHY DO I KEEP GETTING DRAGGED INTO THIS SHIT FUCK YOU JOTARO"
i hope they're able to show even one shot of kenshiro and raoh fighting in part 6

Genryu

Banned
Kenshiro and Raoh seem easy to get. Compared to the Miami Dolphins. Or Mickey.

That fight is just going to be like the episode of Evangelion where it was just constantly black screen with text on it, just describing in vague terms what is happening in the fight when something they can't afford to get the rights to shows up.

That fight is just going to be like the episode of Evangelion where it was just constantly black screen with text on it, just describing in vague terms what is happening in the fight when something they can't afford to get the rights to shows up.

it'll be the ghetto versions

You'll get Rickey Rat
And the Miami Dowl Fins.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
The arcs in Vento Aureo are also a bit longer on top of them being action-heavy. David Pro. did fine with adapting Highway Star because they mostly saved the heavier lifting for one ep., but they can't really get away with that for Vento Aureo.

Now that I'm thinking about something. If Part 3 Jotaro met Tonio Trussardi and ate at his restaurant would Jotaro have Ora'd the shit out of him since SDC didn't seem to know how to wrap up stand encounters without a bloke getting fucked up.

Now that I'm thinking about something. If Part 3 Jotaro met Tonio Trussardi and ate at his restaurant would Jotaro have Ora'd the shit out of him since SDC didn't seem to know how to wrap up stand encounters without a bloke getting fucked up.

If Tonio was a part 3 encounter, it would have been Polnareff or Joseph who got roped along into shenanigans while Jotaro yare yare daze's internally and Avdol's a background character.

Kakyoin would just enjoy the food. Then Jotaro ora's his spaghetti because MY STAND WILL BE THE CHEF or some shit.

Then at the end it's revealed that after some hilarious activities featuring Polnareff getting in wacky situations and at least one OH MY GOD!, Tonio really just wanted to make good food and was otherwise harmless and the Stardust Crusaders move on.

If Tonio was a part 3 encounter, it would have been Polnareff or Joseph who got roped along into shenanigans while Jotaro yare yare daze's internally and Avdol's a background character.

Kakyoin would just enjoy the food. Then Jotaro ora's his spaghetti because MY STAND WILL BE THE CHEF or some shit.

Then at the end it's revealed that after some hilarious activities featuring Polnareff getting in wacky situations and at least one OH MY GOD!, Tonio really just wanted to make good food and was otherwise harmless and the Stardust Crusaders move on.
Would Tonio have been fucked up as a Part 5 encounter?

cntr

Banned
Funny you should say that, because (Purple Haze Feedback spoilers)
Tonio is a major character in the book.

Would Tonio have been fucked up as a Part 5 encounter?

Tonio would have barely registered on the part 5 cast's radars tbh. They prolly would have questioned him about his magic food but once they see it's stand bullshit that's the end of it.

But then you read Purple Haze Feedback and realize
Tonio isn't the Trussardi you're worried about

The arcs in Vento Aureo are also a bit longer on top of them being action-heavy. David Pro. did fine with adapting Highway Star because they mostly saved the heavier lifting for one ep., but they can't really get away with that for Vento Aureo.
I think Grateful Dead was the longest chapter-wise until D4C in part 7, right? Unless I'm forgetting something, but I remember being surprised at how long GD was.

Why is it so hard for people in the anime thread to get DiU? I'm a Jojo newb and I both get and love DiU on my first watch. I'll probably love it more on the rewatch actually when I can just marathon it.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
But Jotaro is so boring, his only personality trait is "Badass", and He is such a Mary Sue. Even Jonathan was a more interesting character IMO.

Clearly worst Jojo. Though I could be biased since I compare him to Joseph too much in my mind, who is best JoJo.

Why does the Anime thread love Jotaro so much, he is like the worst Jojo.
These are probably the same people that adore Marcus Feenix from the Gears franchise.
But Jotaro is so boring, his only personality trait is "Badass". He is too much of a Mary Sue. Even Jonathan was a more interesting character IMO.

Clearly worst Jojo.
Jotaro seems to work in every part but his own in my opinion. He's got way more human traits in DiU than he does in SDC in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom