• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ezalc

Also, somebody went to see his twitter and apparently it's the same thing there. So he really does have just godawful taste and is stubbornly ignoring anybody trying to correct his bullshit.

Whatever it is, it's fucking tiresome, so I put him on ignore a long time ago.

Yeah, only good thing was his reaction to seeing his favorite jobber die by becoming a donut. Almost makes me wish Rohan and Koichi actually stayed dead.

cntr

Banned
Honestly I just read DTL's posts for the ludicrous bullshit he says sometimes.

He made a post recently in the My Hero Academia thread saying there was no canon evidence for the main romance, when it's like, Josuke/Yasuho-level blatant, if not more so. That just blew my mind.

Ezalc

Anything that isn't a pairing between two handsome boys or relating to the power of friendship is invisible to DTL.

Not even stands can't make that level of bullshit.

I'm pretty sure his stand just filters out anything that doesn't fit into his headcanon of whatever male character he fancies.

Just goes to show you that even on the internet, only stand users can truly defeat other stand users.

cntr

Banned
the funniest bit is that MHA has a non-zero chance of having gay characters in it, but dtl picked the least likely ones to root for

Nevermind his constant creepy obsession with underage boys. But moving on to better things:

The double spread of Josuke walking up on Kira & Hayato is like...in the top 5 pages in all of JoJo. Next ep better deliver or I will riot

cntr

Banned
I'm going to laugh so hard when people making theories about time stop or Crazy Diamond getting a new power realize that Bites the Dust was defeated by Kira's hubris

At the very least, I'm sure DTL will appreciate how at the end of part 4
Kira loses because Koichi was able to stop him just in time for Jotaro to ora ora him and send him to his deadly fate. Jotaro's "I'm glad I met you, Koichi" was a pretty decent line imo.

I'm still sad Yukako didn't play a bigger role in part 4 than what she got though :(

cntr

Banned
I'd be pretty surprised if they didn't expand that scene in the anime

Edit: Remember when Araki said in the Jojonium volumes that Kakyoin wouldn't have gotten along with Jotaro if they weren't stand users, and that's why they weren't close in the way Joseph and Caesar or Josuke and Okuyasu were?

cntr

Banned
You know, when Joseph gets Kars to launch them into space, he's pulling the same trick he did at the beginning: launching a bottlecap.

Thud

We already had The World needlessly shoehorned in part 7 once, there's no need to do so again in a theoretical OP later on when he isn't the main villain. OP should focus on D4C's powers.

Showing multiple OP's and clash them together.

Part 7 should be Sono Chi no Sadame but done with an acoustic guitar. At least for part of it.

Rewatching it. I really enjoy how the new OP is like a creepypasta version of the regular one. They could've just made it go backwards and it would've been great but the extra touches like angry Hayato, looping Rohan a few times, and everyone pointing at Kira at the end just push it over the top.

Also Shinobu in reverse looks like she's falling over dead. The whole thing is really well done.

cntr

Banned
A mixture of the first two Jojos already using their first names, Jotaro being introduced by his grandfather and mother who wouldn't use his last name, and wanting to leave it open when Jotaro had descendants.

Seriously speaking about the possible Stone Ocean op now, it NEEDS to be some "End of the World"-like celebration of the original universe Joestar line. Purely so that the inevitable gutpunch to the feelings hurts even more. Maybe even have the op play in the last episode as usual but only Emporio is there now

cntr

Banned
I want it to be like, a chorus of all the OP singers through the entire series, and begin with the panel rush from Sono Chi no Sadame, but starting with Jonathan and in color

There needs to be a lot of JoJo in the song's lyrics and it has to top Sono Chi No Sadame's JoJo yell.

I wonder if such a thing is even possible. Do you think they'll make any allusion to the SBR Universe in Stone Ocean's last OP, or would that be too much? Maybe just vaguely defined silhouettes of Johnny and Gappy behind the other JoJos, if nothing else.

cntr

Banned
tumblr_o3anncmkKn1ri9hnio1_500.png

oSDXw1Hl.jpg
bonus points because it's the scene where Jonathan is running to kill Dio

Both Jonathans killing Dios?

The flames in the eyes thing is just a symbol of "the ability to kill without hesitation" IIRC. I can't remember if Johnny ever had them in any of his fights with Diego, but that was a running thing in his encounters in part 7 since it was an easy way to say "Johnny is not a nice guy."

cntr

Banned
Also, the bit right before where Jonathan gets red flames in his eyes is a reference to a scene with Jolyne where she does the same thing, though I forgot when exactly it happens

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I don't know, that looks like the animators of the OP just stealing a still from the Manga, rather than intending it to be a reference to Johnny.

The flames in the eyes thing is just a symbol of "the ability to kill without hesitation" IIRC. I can't remember if Johnny ever had them in any of his fights with Diego, but that was a running thing in his encounters in part 7 since it was an easy way to say "Johnny is not a nice guy."

Also, the bit right before where Jonathan gets red flames in his eyes is a reference to a scene with Jolyne where she does the same thing, though I forgot when exactly it happens

Interesting. It's the Joestar Determination!

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
You know, I wonder what the interaction between the Nijimura father and Killer Queen/Another one Bites the dust, since he couldn't actually be killed.

You know, I wonder what the interaction between the Nijimura father and Killer Queen/Another one Bites the dust, since he couldn't actually be killed.

Since Killer Queen can atomize someone/something competely, it's probably the one thing that can kill Okuyasu's dad.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I know how part 4 ends, but I'm anticipating the next few episodes as if I didn't.

I really hope part 5 is coming.

I can't see them not doing parts 5 and 6 at this point. Its part 7 that has me worried. There really should be no reason for them to not, but its really long compared to everything else.

I wonder if any other studio would put as much love into it as DP does? The anime has some issues, but it's clearly made with love for the source material.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom