• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

I just realized we are casually talking about a bunch of plankton that united as a unified concious while taking on the form of a young woman, and debating what its super power is.
Part 6 anime cant get here soon enough

cntr

Banned
Sucks that Jotaro never met Foo Fighters. Or at least not to my recollection.
tumblr_mnqwcheijS1qmh94to1_1280.png

Querilous

Banned
All the parts have shitty dads.

PB: Dario is shit, George is dumb
BT: George II is dead, Zeppeli's dad abandoned his kid and then traumatized him, Lisa Lisa's adoptive dad willlingly became a vampire
SC: Where the hell is Jotaro's dad, his wife's dying
DiU: Joseph is a filthy cheater, Okayasu's dad worked for a vampire before mutating into a monster, Kira is a serial killer who murders and impersonates a dad
VA: Giorno's evil villain real dad and abusive stepdad, Diavolo trying to off his daughter.
SO: Jotaro sucks at being a dad
SBR: Johnny's dad is fucking awful, Gyro's dad is tough, Dario is still shit
JJL: Jobin is quite possibly the main villain

I'll be damned.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Don't forget Kira's dad, ironically despite being evil he actually loved his son and actually stood by him. Too bad Kira doesn't love him back lol

And hey despite Jobin, you still have Josuke/Norisuke

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Mr. Crabs worst nightmare is FF stealing his burger recipe.
I want to post a picture of Plankton and label it "Actual Jojo spoilers" in the anime topic. And respond to not post characters from future Jojo parts, if someone posts the Kenshiro meme.

I already feel like a jerk.

Also, Kira's dad is pretty legit, he is super supportive of his son.

cntr

Banned
Yoshihiro and Norisuke are the only good dads in the series, right? Joseph to Holly too, and he would've been to Josuke if he had known.

Matsukaze

PB: Dario is shit, George is dumb
BT: George II is dead, Zeppeli's dad abandoned his kid and then traumatized him, Lisa Lisa's adoptive dad willlingly became a vampire
SC: Where the hell is Jotaro's dad, his wife's dying
DiU: Joseph is a filthy cheater, Okayasu's dad worked for a vampire before mutating into a monster, Kira is a serial killer who murders and impersonates a dad
VA: Giorno's evil villain real dad and abusive stepdad, Diavolo trying to off his daughter.
SO: Jotaro sucks at being a dad
SBR: Johnny's dad is fucking awful, Gyro's dad is tough, Dario is still shit
JJL: Jobin is quite possibly the main villain

I'll be damned.
Araki has his own Disney trend going, only instead of dead mothers, it's fathers who are absolutely terrible.

God, seeing the "the rain sounds like Josuke" moment animated just makes it look even more silly that Koichi/Rohan/Jotaro only joined the fight at the end

That shot of Josuke to the intro can only be rivaled by the inevitable Part V when
Doppio turns the corner to finally reveal his true form and looks up the stairs and cut to intro I hope
Overall I'm so glad everyone is finding out about Kira since he's my favorite character

Tizoc

The wait for Part 5 anime will be painful @_@

BTW y'all heard about the Part 4 movies? They're considering adapting various story arcs to make a movie series. The current movie will feature Angelo, and personally I'd rather they did their own unique twist to the story but keeping in the absurdity and fabulousness.
So they can just rip off Persona 4 and make it so the group are investigating murders starting with Angelo, then they can introduce Kira in movie 2 and end it with Movie 3.

cntr

Banned
I'm pretty sure Araki doesn't think much about that.

also that's a really fucking weird question to randomly ask

The only POC in Jojo I would give a side eye to is PocoLoco.

His, shall we say, problematic vernacular coupled with some unfortunate subtext about how lazy he is can come off weird.

cntr

Banned
Yeah agreed, but I'm going to assume Araki, growing up in Japan, isn't familiar with those implications. I'd guess Araki was going for a riff on "hard work can achieve anything" with Hey Ya!

e: also yeah blame the dialogue on the translators, not araki

Pompadour

What do you lot think of how JoJo handles people of color within its narratives?

Except for a few instances people of color are interchangeable with any other character. And there's a ton of Asian characters that fit under that umbrella that are obviously treated normally. Of course, then there's characters like Wang or the Dragon's Dream guy that are kind of stereotypical.

Hatty

Honestly, I think Okuyasu is too stupid to die, his soul will just go back to his body or some shit, it's the kind of ridiculous I'd expect from him at least :lol. There was that strange glow around his body a bit after it'd been fixed too

Alright fess up. Who is this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom