• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Part 5 anime will be hype. With how bad the original translation was, I bet its going to be received super well by everyone.

Part 6 is a huge wild card though. Also, did Jotaro do anything useful that part?

Frimaire

Jeez, looking in the Anime Tread right now:
ezgif.com-d89ef8df3b.gif

Part 5 anime will be hype. With how bad the original translation was, I bet its going to be received super well by everyone.

Part 6 is a huge wild card though. Also, did Jotaro do anything useful that part?

he made a really epic entrance during C-Moon arc.

and yes part 5 will be hype as hell and i think it might be better received than part 3 too

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

I can't wait to see how confused everyone gets when the anime reaches King Crimson and the Requiem Stands.

"Wait, Silver Chariot Requiem transforms souls into what?"

he made a really epic entrance during C-Moon arc.

and yes part 5 will be hype as hell and i think it might be better received than part 3 too

He also saved Jolyne's life at the beginning (by pushing her out of the way of Johngalli A's bullets) and the end of part 6 (by pushing her out of the way of Pucci's knives). I feel like people are going to get upset when Jotaro shows up right at the end only to lose.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
ARIARIARIARIRIARIARIARI is one of my favorite punch rush sounds.

The time stopping sfx & the bomb "click" are perhaps my favorite attack sounds.

....speaking of which, I need to see if I can photoshop a tiny Killer Queen onto my avatar's eye.

They've fallen victim to Araki's Stand, Crazy Train, which causes people to obsess over the realism of an inherently (and absurdly) bonkers manga/anime.

Clearly they haven't seen the entire rest of the series, you know, with people getting sliced up and stabbed and hey no problem, it's the next episode.

Remember the multiple times throughout the series where dudes get split in half and continue to say things before dying

We've had two severed heads who continued to do things so far in the anime, granted they were from a vampire and pillar man.

Of course that won't be a problem with part 5, because Bruno's group gets shit done. When a dude dies, they ded. Just look at the user of Notorious B.I.G.!

Thud

Why is ludicrous stando bullshito serious business for so many god damn people?

Some have invested more time in it than others and don't really like how discussion gets sidetracked because of poor animation, when's the plot or *spoilers*.

I think we need more stand bullshit. Stray Cat behind Killer Queen's belly is just so damn funny. Reminds me of Franky in One Piece who uses cola as fuel. And bobobobo sheningans.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I wonder if Stands were supposed to be related to Hamon more directly at first, since the furigana was writen as Yūhamon (Meaning Ghostly Ripple)

I wonder if Stands were supposed to be related to Hamon more directly at first, since the furigana was writen as Yūhamon (Meaning Ghostly Ripple)

I'm pretty sure Araki at least planned for something like that at first before discarding it because he either didn't like it, forgot about it, or he just liked some other idea better.

I bet Avdol was supposed to be some sort of Hamon master before then.

Iggy, the Hamon-using dog.

"Let's see how long you can move in the Hamon-time."

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Time stopping was actually holding your breath while continuing to circulate the air in your lungs, a task far easier for an immortal vampire to do.

How would one even use Hamon to describe what D4C does?

So we live in a spiral galaxy, right? Therefore the only logical conclusion is we exist in a spiral dimension, and thus there are infinite spiral dimensions.

D4C is the Spin on a spatial level, capable of spinning the fabric of space-time, tearing a hole in it and jumping to alternate dimensions so long as it's between two surfaces.

That's why Diego couldn't beat Funny. His dino-Spin power was not enough. After all, dinosaurs died out because of the most powerful rotating ball, the meteor.

So we live in a spiral galaxy, right? Therefore the only logical conclusion is we exist in a spiral dimension, and thus there are infinite spiral dimensions.

D4C is the Spin on a spatial level, capable of spinning the fabric of space-time, tearing a hole in it and jumping to alternate dimensions so long as it's between two surfaces.

That's why Diego couldn't beat Funny. His dino-Spin power was not enough. After all, dinosaurs died out because of the most powerful rotating ball, the meteor.
We motherfucking TTGL now?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I meant to take it down before, I think my phone must of timed out when I tried to post the edit earlier.

My joke is just ruined now without the picture though.

cntr

Banned
There's a bit during Deep Blue Moon where Jotaro gets pulled underwater, and Star Platinum gets weaker -- because he can't breathe.

Stands in SDC are kind of weird in general, because Araki wrote them as if they were like hamon: loose movesets, not specific abilities. Like before time stop, what's Star Platinum's ability? Silver Chariot's? Nothing, they just punch good and sword good. Araki wasn't thinking of them as having "abilities" like later Stands do.

So, Star Platinum is written to be able to do whatever in the same way hamon was able to do whatever, like inhale Justice.

Squishy3

There's a bit during Deep Blue Moon where Jotaro gets pulled underwater, and Star Platinum gets weaker -- because he can't breathe.

Stands in SDC are kind of weird in general, because Araki wrote them as if they were like hamon: loose movesets, not specific abilities. Like before time stop, what's Star Platinum's ability? Silver Chariot's? Nothing, they just punch good and sword good. Araki wasn't thinking of them as having "abilities" like later Stands do.

So, Star Platinum is written to be able to do whatever in the same way hamon was able to do whatever, like inhale Justice.
And even then they do technically have "abilities" such as Star Finger (hahaha) or Polnareff being able to do things like remove Chariot's armor to make it's attacks faster or the rapier points can detach from the swords and be fired like a bullet

convo

When people are getting crazy over Jotaro now in the anime thread, wait until part 6 when his best efforts and power won't be enough to do jack shit against Pucci. Didn't his time stop get shorter because time was accelerating? Part 5 is gonna be a wild ride mostly for it's fights.

So I just finished reading Battle Tendency. Plan to start up Stardust Crusaders soon, though I've watched the old OVAs of it so I already know how it ultimately ends.

When people are getting crazy over Jotaro now in the anime thread, wait until part 6 when his best efforts and power won't be enough to do jack shit against Pucci. Didn't his time stop get shorter because time was accelerating? Part 5 is gonna be a wild ride mostly for it's fights.
I think it was Pucci moving so fast that he could dodge even things done in stopped time.

cntr

Banned
It's a mixture of Pucci being able to see things in stopped time (due to having a time-based power as well), Jotaro's time stop being shortened, and Pucci being able to react when time resumes.

cntr

Banned
There's eight Thus Spoke Rohan Kishibe chapters including Rohan at the Louvre and Rohan Kishibe Goes to Gucci, there's a one-shot about Jolyne for the Gucci exhibition, and Dead Man's Questions.

There's also two other one-shots included with Dead Man's Questions (and a Thus Spoke Rohan Kishibe chapter), but they're not part of Jojo. And there's some one-shots he did pre-Jojo, but I dunno much about those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom