• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ezalc

I mean, Jonathan and Jotaro have kids. Jonathan is a gentleman so he just doesn't kiss and tell. Jotaro's black magic dolphin ritual is forever a mystery though.

Ezalc

There's a mythical creature here in Brasil that is basically a dolphin that transforms into a man that goes around impregnating women and leaves them to raise the kid alone. I like to think Jotaro or his wife is something like that.

cntr

Banned
tumblr_mf0dc5JSvI1qmh94to1_1280.png

tumblr_mf0dc5JSvI1qmh94to2_1280.png

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Is Gappy really sexual? I don't get that vibe from him.

cntr

Banned
Can I read parts 6 and 7 without reading 5?
Yeah, but I wouldn't recommend it.

Part 5's retranslation is almost done, if you get to the end of the retranslated chapters before then, then yeah start Part 6 and wait for Part 5 to be done

Is Gappy really sexual? I don't get that vibe from him.
he's attracted to Yasuho and gets boners, that's more than most Jojos can say

Yeah, but I wouldn't recommend it.

Part 5's retranslation is almost done, if you get to the end of the retranslated chapters before then, then yeah start Part 6 and wait for Part 5 to be done
I read a couple chapters and wasn't feeling it, not really a big manga reader so I got bored rather quickly and its close to getting an anime whereas Parts 6 and 7 are not, and just look far more interesting to me.

Could I at least finish part 5 over the course of a few hours?

cntr

Banned
I'd read a bit more and if you still aren't feeling it, yeah maybe better to start Part 6 and wait for the Part 5 anime.

I read a couple chapters and wasn't feeling it, not really a big manga reader so I got bored rather quickly and its close to getting an anime whereas Parts 6 and 7 are not, and just look far more interesting to me.

Could I at least finish part 5 over the course of a few hours?

you like metal music right?
there is a metallica and black sabbath stands in part 5. just saying.

Anyone doubting Gappy's sexuality needs to reread Shakedown Road, specifically the part where he and Joshu see the lady showing off some leg.

Probably one of the best faces a JoJo has made in all of part 8

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
he's attracted to Yasuho and gets boners, that's more than most Jojos can say

I must've glossed over this somehow. I thought he was like Jotaro.

I blame Joshuu for being a creep and distracting me from Gappy's sexuality.

you like metal music right?
there is a metallica and black sabbath stands in part 5. just saying.

Guess who is now reading part 5!

But uh questions: Are all the main characters this fucking weird from now on? Like this first Buccalati dude is escalating Rohan weird and these first two powers are already escalating stand ridiculousness.

Siegcram

Guess who is now reading part 5!

But uh questions: Are all the main characters this fucking weird from now on? Like this first Buccalati dude is escalating Rohan weird and these first two powers are already escalating stand ridiculousness.
lol and you wanted to skip to part 6

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Skipping parts? 'sgust.

More of Vento's retranslation just got released. Green Day and Oasis arc is almost done now.

Skipping parts? 'sgust.

More of Vento's retranslation just got released. Green Day and Oasis arc is almost done now.
Don't you judge me!

And I'm reading the colored version right now, not sure how far into it it goes but it's definitely a lot more entertaining.
I'm hoping to get through most if not all of the translation tonight though.

I've got to say though
If I get to part 8 and Taco Bell Requiem isn't a really thing that causes butthole lasers
I'm flying to Japan and putting araki in a time loop until it is.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I like Black Sabbath's design and shadow-based abilities more than the fight itself. The fight is forgettable outside of Koichi's involvement and GE getting stabbed with an Arrow.

Not gunna lie, it's incredibly weird but a lot better than I thought.

At least DIU had a few somewhat grounded Main Characters like Koichi, the main group is like Rohan/Okuyasu x4 + Giorno

Won't deny that it's cool that the stand encounters si far have taken the weird stands near the end of 4 and escalated it. Currently at the boat section right now and I actually like Giorno, Moody Blues has a cool ability and its cool that these stands so far aren't directly combat oriented like Killer Queen and thus the fights are more creative and interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom