• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait, really? But that makes no sense, because the pronunciation doesn't work anymore

A town fucking grows legs and starts walking in this book. Mars is populated with 36 copies of the same super vampire. Jesus was actually Dio. The pronunciation of a character's name making no sense is the least of this book's problem.

cntr

Banned
But the pronunciation not making sense is the worst part

e: Also, Jesus wasn't Dio. Jesus was Jonathan's head sewn onto Dio's body.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Wait, really? But that makes no sense, because the pronunciation doesn't work anymore

I mean, that's the book in general. Reminder that this is a thing in Jorge:

Then, Joji incorporates the original Kars into his chest (??), which makes all the Kars form a bridge (????) in order to reach Ultimate Dio (who has been joined by all of the evil Kars and all of the other main villains), in order to defeat him once and for all.

HPATuM6.jpg
zXSdnMd.jpg

Former American President Funny Valentine : The character of the same name from Steel Ball Run. In Jorge Joestar, he possesses the Stand Singing in the Rain which seems to allow him to fly. Not to be mistaken with his counterpart from the SBR universe. I’m not sure if he’s the Valentine from Joji’s universe, or from the original universe, because yes, there was apparently a Funny Valentine in the original universe. He has a son, named Funnier Valentine, and a grandson, named The Funniest Valentine.

Funnier Valentine : Funny Valentine’s son. He possesses the Stand Rear Window, which allows him to connect windows across space and travel through them.

The Funniest Valentine : Funnier Valentine’s son. In this iteration of reality, it is he who possesses the Stand Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap.

can't make this up

In that case, I'll need a checklist of the weird shit that goes on in Jorge Joestar.

BTW should I add Fugo and Koichi to the part 5 anime OT's character list? Ya know for shits and giggles?

Put Fugo in the OP then remove him when the appropriate time comes

I should probablly reread Part 5. Having it in color is nice but these new translation shouldn't be ignored.

They both look fine to me. Which one's the redo?

remz

I should probablly reread Part 5. Having it in color is nice but these new translation shouldn't be ignored.

lol this is the kinda shit i think about when someone says teh part 5 cast is boring or part 5 is the worst, the worst shitty fan translation... maybe

Ezalc

lol this is the kinda shit i think about when someone says teh part 5 cast is boring or part 5 is the worst, the worst shitty fan translation... maybe

Meh, it's not that far off. Part 5 cast isn't boring, Giorno sure as hell is though.

Those are two different translations of the same lines, but the one on the right is very, very wrong. Notice how half of them aren't even saying even remotely the same thing. That's how the old Part 5 translation gets you, it looks "right", good grammar, whatever, but it's really shitty. That set should have included the old translation of a map of Italy that had like...French locations on it, because the translators just had no idea what the fuck they were doing.

Also Daxing Dan put up the new translation of the last few Green Day chapters, so if you want properly translated 8 page MUDAMUDA now is your chance.

remz

Giorno is just following the tried n' true Jojo's Protagonist Formula (tm) odd numbered Jojos are serious straight men (johnathan, jotaro, giorno, johnny) and even numbered jojos are whacky hotheads (joseph, josuke, jolyne, jo2uke)

Siegcram

Giorno is just following the tried n' true Jojo's Protagonist Formula (tm) odd numbered Jojos are serious straight men (johnathan, jotaro, giorno, johnny) and even numbered jojos are whacky hotheads (joseph, josuke, jolyne, jo2uke)
Gappy is breaking the mold a little bit. He's just a weirdo. Not really hot-headed.

Though I guess he's technically not just one JoJo.

cntr

Banned
Jolyne and Gappy are a mix of goofy and serious. Johnny's serious, but that's because he's the straight man to Gyro, and that makes him hilarious

Matsukaze

I expect that when the anime airs, some peoples' heads will turn when they see Gold Experience suggestively draping itself over Giorno. That'll be good times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom