• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.
What kind of heathen doesn't like Giorno?
His Stand can be, ah, very divisive.

Also people who haven't read the retranslation may not get the nuances to his character and think he's dull and not very emotional.

It's important to keep in mind that Giorno should naturally be good at stuff considering you may think his dad was some lame when it was actually DIO with Johnathan's body. That's like twice the badass legacy rolled into one kid (shut up don't bring up the part 6 rejects, hiss)

Also people who haven't read the retranslation may not get the nuances to his character and think he's dull and not very emotional.

It's important to keep in mind that Giorno should naturally be good at stuff considering you may think his dad was some lame when it was actually DIO with Johnathan's body. That's like twice the badass legacy rolled into one kid (shut up don't bring up the part 6 rejects, hiss)
What kind of Heathen doesn't like Gold Experience?
It may not be a super powerful punch ghost but it's god damn cool and more creative than what came before it in terms of MC stands. Though it's design is pretty lame, especially when next to ballers like purple haze.

Tizoc

Found it!
f32.jpg

http://knowyourmeme.com/photos/1196769-jojo-s-bizarre-adventure

Someone post the wcreenshot of kira smiling withthe phone to his ear please?

cntr

Banned
What kind of heathen doesn't like Giorno?
The only complete English translation of VA was made by a guy translating from the Chinese version to English, but he didn't speak Chinese. (And the Chinese version was probably shit too.)

So he made shit up and got rid of all the characterization and explanations, since he didn't know enough Chinese to understand them. Remember that bit about Giorno's hair changing color when he got Gold Experience? The original translator didn't understand that, so he just pretended that Giorno dyed his hair. And since he wrote everything in normal English, so unlike Duwang, it isn't obvious how bad it is. (And legit, Duwang is a better translation than VA's.)

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

Gio = Jonathan's son, other dudes = Dio's Kids

At least that's how I always pictured it, even if the Manga implies I'm wrong.

cntr

Banned
I've always seen it the other way around. Giorno is the one who got Dio's confidence, his other sons got (kid) Jonathan's lack of confidence. I don't think it's a coincidence that Donatello, the other son with the most confidence, has blonde hair like Giorno and Dio.

plus there's how Giorno makes tons of Dio references, like the ear thing

cntr

Banned
re: Jorge Joestar

Everybody who's read Jorge Joestar says that the book is horrible. Like the events might be funny when described, but the actual writing and story is so painful that it's just a slog.

Tizoc

In that case, I'll need a checklist of the weird shit that goes on in Jorge Joestar.

BTW should I add Fugo and Koichi to the part 5 anime OT's character list? Ya know for shits and giggles?

change your name to
King Crimson
for the Part 5 anime
I legitimately consideried it for like 5 minutes, but I really really really like Killer Queen and I know someone would usurp my personality while im away so I'll probably keep KQ for a few years at least

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
King Crimson is disappointing don't do it.

Literally the worst JoJo villain + stand.

No, the cover page is drawn by Araki. The illustrations inside the book are drawn by the author.
Ooh, pardon my misinformation then. It was not my intent to misinform others.

The cover is nice so the book has that much going for it. Also, what most people who hear about Jorge Joestar don't know is that there are actually two stories in it: one featuring Joseph's dad having a typical bizarre adventure, and the other being 36 Kars on Mars.

cntr

Banned
oh my god reading another jorge joestar summary

Everybody knows that bit about Morioh growing legs right? What you might not know is that the Passione HQ does the same thing. And the reason it happens is because of Made in Heaven.

At least Eyes of Heaven has old Joseph stopping Caesar from running to his death, and having the story be an alternate dimension found by Funny Valentine at the climax of the final battle added some good emotion.

Jorge Joestar somehow made Made in Heaven dumber.

Rohan > Pucci because he was drawing manga so hard he completely ignored the universe getting reset 36 times.

cntr

Banned
Jorge Joestar's answer to how Dio got in the coffin is so awful that I don't even want to quote it, and for that reason alone, it's an abomination.

As I was looking through the pictures of Jorge Joestar

my only question was 'Why is Erina in so much of this' until she gets beheaded by ghoul dio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom