• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astral

No tease of Part 5 is disappointing. It would've been perfect. Koichi in Italy spots a fly-ass motherfucker sipping some coffee. TO BE CONTINUED.

Part 4 is in the middle as far as Jojo parts go for me, but still, that ending absolutely destroyed me.

Did the shift from Kosaku to Kira in the alley happen in the manga, that was such a damn great touch.

Stuff like this is why I won't read the manga for part 5. Throughout this season there have been many times where things I didn't remember caught me by surprise.

It's neat knowing the general order of events, but small details catching you off guard like that, so great.

Breads

Banned
I came in expecting to see them squeeze in Koichi's trip to Italy... and I left with a better epilogue than I was expecting. Felt good. Felt right.

Jotaro's takeaway being a doctoral thesis on a starfish he saw on his visit to Morioh is the fucking best.

Pompadour

I came in expecting to see them squeeze in Koichi's trip to Italy... and I left with a better epilogue than I was expecting. Felt good. Felt right.

Jotaro's takeaway being a doctoral thesis on a starfish he saw on his visit to Morioh is the fucking best.

Is that where the Japanese meme of Jotaro being a starfish fucker comes from?

Tizoc

7d8.png

This slayed me.

Siegcram

Huh, looks like all of Vento Aureo is available in Italian on Amazon for 8 bucks a pop. Might as well.

Jojonium's gonna get there by 2030 at this pace.

Over Heaven was the one with Dio's diary, right? I thought that was a pretty neat concept. I always liked logs of what other characters are doing and feeling up until a point in the main story.

cntr

Banned
Over Heaven was decent, though it had a lot of shit ideas. One idea in particular was Joshu-tier shit.

Also over half the book is Dio's mommy issues.

There's also "The Book: 4th Another Day" which doesn't get talked about much. It's a light novel sequel to DiU featuring those characters solving a different mystery. It's being translated by one guy, who's been at it for a few years now.

Apparently it's good.

cntr

Banned
I've heard people say it's shit and I've heard people say it's good, so who knows.

I know there's a guy who's trying to translate Jorge Joestar, but it's been stalled since the writing style is so unpleasant that he doesn't get very far

Well, today my girlfriend decided she's annoyed that I didn't wait until the part 5 anime was airing, to get her into JoJo.

Which obviously wouldn't have made too much difference, since then she'd be waiting for part 6 haha.

I knew I should've edited to "as part of the same anniversary celebration"

So you're saying we're gonna get more (potentially terrible) books? Aw yeah.

What is everyone's thoughts about Dead Man's Questions anyway. I think it's dull, never understood why folks like it so much besides it being more Kira

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom