• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh right, forgot Part 4 dub was already confirmed. Yet we still don't have dates for the BDs of Part 1 + 2, let alone Part 3.

King Crimson ain't so bad, just ugly.
Also lol at the Talking Head and The Clash encounter. This is like one of those weird Part 3 stand encounters.

How does this give you a tactical advantage during a stand battle?
Well, he impregnates a woman and creates a stand baby but like, you could entirely cut out the "impregnate random woman" part and the stand would function exactly the same since it has nothing to do with its power, nor does she even give birth so I don't really... understand the point or logic behind it.

Siegcram

Well, he impregnates a woman and creates a stand baby but like, you could entirely cut out the "impregnate random woman" part and the stand would function exactly the same since it has nothing to do with its power, nor does she even give birth so I don't really... understand the point or logic behind it.
The homuculus takes after the personality of the mother. So if Melone got to Josuke's mom for example, Giorno would've been fucked.

When the HELL is Viz going to give us more information on the Blu-Ray release? Like seriously, a release date would be nice. It's been almost half a year since they announced it. What's taking them so long?

Pretty much just to creep you out. It's practically an 'Alien' homage.

best Christmas present

dear god when the bites the dust part starts

rfw3PC5.png

cntr

Banned
I love King Crimson's design. It's a reference to this!

Oh right, forgot Part 4 dub was already confirmed. Yet we still don't have dates for the BDs of Part 1 + 2, let alone Part 3.
I'd bet on Part 3 and 4 getting a dub premier on Toonami, and expect the 1 + 2 Blu-Ray near the end of the Toonami run. I've already seen a few updates, like the text saying "Jonathan Joestar has died" looked like shit in the original DVD, but it was changed to proper text in the Viz Toonami airing

cntr

Banned
Nah, even manga readers like 2. The impression I get is that most people dislike Part 3, anime or manga...though I've warmed up to it a lot in retrospect.

That's news to me. Last I checked Part 3 wasn't held in very high regard (I like it) but Part 2 is legitimately one of the best parts.

If you're referring to the 'I didn't like part 4 as much as 2 or 3', that's because most people gravitate towards more focused narratives with a goal in mind like part 2 and 3 than the more carefree slice of life style of part 4. I mean, you saw all the arguments in the anime thread pre Kira right?

That's news to me. Last I checked Part 3 wasn't held in very high regard (I like it) but Part 2 is legitimately one of the best parts.

If you're referring to the 'I didn't like part 4 as much as 2 or 3', that's because most people gravitate towards more focused narratives with a goal in mind like part 2 and 3 than the more carefree slice of life style of part 4. I mean, you saw all the arguments in the anime thread pre Kira right?
Lol of course I saw the "It's filler" discussions. I think I even argued against them too. I thought it was a great and fun series before Kira, Kira just elevated it though because it's Kira.

After fully immersing myself in all of JoJo, Part 2 has become my second to last favorite, beating out only Part 1. But I love Part 1 and 2, and all Parts. They're like my children, only some of them (part 7, 6, 4) get better gifts at christmas

After fully immersing myself in all of JoJo, Part 2 has become my second to last favorite, beating out only Part 1. But I love Part 1 and 2, and all Parts. They're like my children, only some of them (part 7, 6, 4) get better gifts at christmas

Where does Jorge Joestar fit in the family tree

let me have a few more before christmas I can't help myself

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Stardust Crusaders owns. Or, well, the manga does, anyway.

This is exactly me, both in how I feel about Battle Tendency as well as my three favorite parts.

My problem, which the antics of Joseph don't fully alleviate, is vampires/zombies/Ripple and no Stands. Granted the vampire/zombie situation in JoJo is at a different take, but when you establish that only one thing can defeat them (sunlight), and then to be useful everyone has to be able to use sunlight kung fu, and yet in 1 and 2 NO ONE is useful except the JoJos. Plus everytime someone uses the Ripple it's a completely new application that was never shown before.

To counter my badmouthing the old parts, I did buy the second Part 2 JoJonium last night, since I had some store credit at 2nd And Charles after trading in a bunch of my olddddd books from when I was a kid.

Matsukaze

Parts 4, 6, and 7 are the top tier for me.

The others jockey for position, with Part 8 typically leading the rest of the pack and Parts 1 and 5 usually bringing up the rear.

It'll be interesting to see Part 5's reception. In terms of structure, it's a lot closer to SDC, but I think the main difference is that part 5's crew really feels like a unit in a way the SDC crew didn't. The Italian mob organization also adds a lot in terms of framing.

Matsukaze

It'll be interesting to see Part 5's reception. In terms of structure, it's a lot closer to SDC, but I think the main difference is that part 5's crew really feels like a unit in a way the SDC crew didn't. The Italian mob organization also adds a lot in terms of framing.
Part 5 feels like Part 3 done with more confidence and flair. I'm fairly certain most of the people who really enjoyed Stardust Crusaders are going to love Vento Aureo.

Part 5 feels like Part 3 done with more confidence and flair. I'm fairly certain most of the people who really enjoyed Stardust Crusaders are going to love Vento Aureo.

Or they're gonna bounce off the main crew's designs extra hard.

Which makes them wrong, because who the FUCK wouldn't love Fugo's swiss cheese clothes?

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
I'm in the rare group that really like Part 1. It's a great prologue and Dio's origin story is one of my fav stories in the whole series.

People who hold on to Part 2 like it was the peak of the series bother me. Joseph is a great protag, and its batshit crazy, but it's still operating in a fairly normal shonen construct. If you compare it to other anime\manga then sure it's really great, but the ideas and creativity that comes after completely eclipses it.

That said I think anyone can agree that Part 7 is far and away the best.

I would go 7>4>3>1>2>5>6 (leaving 8 out, but so far it's probably between 3 and 2 for me right now.)

Honestly my opinion on 5 and 6 will prolly change when they get animated. The fights in these parts are too crazy to truly be appreciated in a static medium like manga.

cntr

Banned
Part 5 is great if you see it as an extended mafia movie. Like the Execution Squad are major antagonists, but their goal is to avenge their comrades. Buccellati's Gang isn't much better, morally. So the first half of VA is literally a gang war.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
If you've gotten this far, I'd imagine you've already gotten used to how flamboyant the characters dress.

Yes, something I really love about part 5 is how Bruno's group are never painted as the explicit good guys in all this. The whole stories is about conflict within the mafia, as various groups try to off each other for various reasons and the main character especially is out for the big boss's head. Nobody really feels like some "lol I'm here to fight you because DIO" opponent like in SDC, everyone's got some motivation even if it's just "I must avenge my comrade who you killed for trying to kill you." Makes everything feel more, not sure of a good term for this really. Grounded, I guess?

I just love stories like that, where you have a good guy who has no problems killing otherwise innocent civilians if they interfere with his goal, and bad guys who aren't mustache-twirling evildoers but not a bunch of "woe is me" sad sacks either. They're all gang members, in a big gang fight that happens to be batshit insane because stands.

Okay now, I know y'all love ranking parts but how about we rank fashion. Who's the most fashionable, fabulous motherfuckers in each part?

Edit: Fuck I'm on the bottom of the page, now nobody will see this ;__;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom