• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beckx

i mean, part VIII Josuke is pretty fucking vicious. from part V on, it doesn't work to talk about the "hero," just the protagonist.

and part vii's protagonist is Gyro

cntr

Banned
Giorno and Johnny are still the only Jojos who've killed in cold blood. Even Gappy doesn't go nuts until he gets pissed off.

Mista cuz he lives

Done

Also shipping

tumblr_inline_nd43y5YVVi1so9ikc.png

d63.png

JDFSoK6.jpg

I love that Metallica's Stand cry is "Load"
Honestly fucking great.
Also love the whole Diavolo duality thing.
Though I'm sad that I'm approaching the end of part 5. Not sure if I'll continue on to part 6 or pick up Berserk.

I love that Metallica's Stand cry is "Load"
Honestly fucking great.
Also love the whole Diavolo duality thing.
Though I'm sad that I'm approaching the end of part 5. Not sure if I'll continue on to part 6 or pick up Berserk.

Def Part 6. I mean, I love Berserk, but Part 6 is at least finished, and way shorter. Also, when you're done you'll be like "oh fuck I gotta read Part 7" and then when you do, you'll finally be in The True Man's World.

It just dawned on me that Diamond Records is probably going to be the only video game for the 30th anniversary. Oh well.

Who would you say is the 'JoBro" of Part 5?

I think there's a legitimate case to be made for Bruno, Mista, or Narancia (in that order).

Giorno. Bruno is the main character.

cntr

Banned
Mista's def the Jobro of Part 5. Bruno's more like...the Zeppeli, but he doesn't fit in an exact archetype.

I'd hold off on reading the actual end until the retranslation's done, since it's notoriously complicated. Do Part 6 when you get to the end of the retranslated chapters, it'll be great

I don't even think of it as slander since Stands and Nen are my two favorite battle mechanics.
I've yet to watch HxH

Mista's def the Jobro of Part 5. Bruno's more like...the Zeppeli, but he doesn't fit in an exact archetype.

I'd hold off on reading the actual end until the retranslation's done, since it's notoriously complicated. Do Part 6 when you get to the end of the retranslated chapters, it'll be great
I ended up just bingeing it and getting through and i thought the translation was fine, they were old scans but I had no issues understanding what was going on.

Silver Chariot Requiem started switching bodies
Everyone fucked around trying to get the arrow
Diavolo's two personalities split and King Crimson possessed Trish in Misty's body
Giorno got the arrow, leveled up and sent Diavolo to eternal damnation.

Nothing too bad. But I think Part 5 is really going to benefit from an anime adaptation due to the super long encounters and King Crimson and GE:R's abilities will probably look better in motion.

But I can't sleep so on to part 6!

has the group finished translating part 5? cause if they have then i should jump into manga and give it a proper read rather than me skipping though it ages ago

Voror

Considering reading this new translation of Part 5 that's now available. Only ever read Parts 1, 2 and some of 3 in the past along with all of the anime so far. Didn't really think about Part 4 since the anime was coming when I started considering it. I suppose Part 5 will likely get announced at that upcoming event, but then I'd guess it'd be a Spring 2017 show?

Honestly id say Part 5 is worth jumping in on now. The old scans are understandable and Green Day/Oasis is the last chapter before they get into the final battle so most of it is complete. They've only got to do Volumes 61-63.

cntr

Banned
The old scans are understandable, but they're really really bad. The guy who made them spoke English, so he wrote them in a way that seems fine...but they're legitimately awful. Far worse than Duwang.

Stone Ocean literally begins with a
masturbation joke
. Isn't it great?
Welp, I think I missed a chapter lmao. Will go back and read it later.
But this whole bird/rat thing, man. I can't imagine what some anime watcher is going to feel when they choose this as a starting point.

Voror

No way. It'd be Fall 2017.

Ah, actually that does make more sense since Spring could be too soon after they finished Part 4.

Is this show doing well in terms of sales and such actually?

Honestly id say Part 5 is worth jumping in on now. The old scans are understandable and Green Day/Oasis is the last chapter before they get into the final battle so most of it is complete. They've only got to do Volumes 61-63.

I'll probably jump in then. At the very least it'll make seeing how they animate it interesting.

Help me out guys, what's the best Vent Aureo translation and scans currently available?

I know that there is one translation that is considered terrible. Then few people on this forum and in the anime topic said that there is finally a good translation. Do they mean the colored translated scans? They are incomplete as far as I know, but what about the rest?

I want to continue reading, but have no idea what's the best way to do so.

cntr

Banned
Help me out guys, what's the best Vent Aureo translation and scans currently available?

I know that there is one translation that is considered terrible. Then few people on this forum and in the anime topic said that there is finally a good translation. Do they mean the colored translated scans? They are incomplete as far as I know, but what about the rest?

I want to continue reading, but have no idea what's the best way to do so.
Yeah, they're the colored ones. There's a non-colored good one, too, but that's separate from the really shit one.

Note that the shit translation was written by a guy who spoke English fluently, so unlike most bad translations, it'll still seemingly be fine. It's not.

Yeah, they're the colored ones. There's a non-colored good one, too, but that's separate from the really shit one.

Note that the shit translation was written by a guy who spoke English fluently, so unlike most bad translations, it'll still seemingly be fine. It's not.

Thanks for the input, that's what I heard. So how do I know which version am I reading? Or could you direct me somewhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom