• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

cntr

Banned
Araki mentioned that Fugo was meant to betray the gang and get killed by them...but he was going through a bad time in real life, and didn't want to write something so depressing.

But at least we got Purple Haze Feedback out of it!

I think the main problem with Fugo was how absurdly strong Purple Haze's ability was and that Araki decided to change plans on him partway through.

Imagine if we got a legit boss fight versus Fugo, that probably could have led to some real development for the whole crew. Sad that he was simply left out of the story after a point.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
That last part especially, I think it would've been a much more impactful reveal if you have Doppio following the gang from the beginning and have him reporting in to the boss from the shadows which is why he knows where they are at all times and then slowly have him become more and more unhinged until the big reveal near the end with
Doppio being Diavolo

I really hope that the anime version of part 5 gets a couple of small scenes featuring Doppio interspersed throughout the first half of the show, similar to how character cameos were handled in the part 4 anime.

Matsukaze

If Fugo had come back and killed Narancia after lulling the team into a false sense of security, that would have been jaw-dropping.

Instead, we got body-switching shenanigans and Narancia going out like a rag doll.

Although we did get Turtle-Polnareff out of it so... bright side?

I think the main problem with Fugo was how absurdly strong Purple Haze's ability was and that Araki decided to change plans on him partway through.

Imagine if we got a legit boss fight versus Fugo, that probably could have led to some real development for the whole crew. Sad that he was simply left out of the story after a point.

I mean, I feel like you could've written around that by simply saying "I have to use Purple Haze's abilities sparingly because he has a tendency to become uncontrollable" and I think having a character using restraint against the enemy especially with a power like Purple Haze would make some really creative encounters

Also yeah I agree in hoping that the anime adds some Doppio scenes

If Fugo had come back and killed Narancia after lulling the team into a false sense of security, that would have been jaw-dropping.

Instead, we got body-switching shenanigans and Narancia going out like a rag doll.

Although we did get Turtle-Polnareff out of it so... bright side?
That would've been pretty ballsy, especially since Narancia really trusted Fugo and seemed to like him a lot.

cntr

Banned
Yeah, VA's gonna get a high budget and probably split into two seasons, so I'm sure David Pro's gonna smooth things out and add extras. They generally did the same with DiU during the episodes they managed to have enough budget/time for.

I'm really excited for the VA anime because of how out there so many of the encounters are. King Crimson is going to be soooooooooo good animated and I feel the like White Album, Notorious B.I.G, The Clash, Green Day encounters will also be a lot better animated, though that isn't to say they weren't good already.

This is a pipedream, but it would be really cool of for Metallica's stand cry they used the same guitar sound at the beginning of this song while making it sound like it's saying "Load". Or use a talk box guitar pedal

https://youtu.be/MnpjyNgzJ5Q

Oh heck yeah, I was really hoping after Man in the Mirror we'd get some awesome Giorno/Fugo team-up as they take advantage of Giorno's immunity to really dish out the pain somehow.

Or like if Fugo tried to pull the betrayal shit but he had to be super careful of Giorno because he hard counters Purple Haze, damn son.

Oh well, I guess it's left in the "what could have been" pile like Kakyoin surviving to part 4 ;~;

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder if David Pro would even consider adapting Golden Heart, Golden Ring as an OVA, or at least include elements of it in something. I've heard that it's not as good as Purple Haze Feedback, and its status is obviously less than canon, but it does give Fugo something to do after he betrays the gang.

And it has Stands named after The Cure and Joy Division so there's that.

cntr

Banned
From what I've heard, Purple Haze Feedback is the only really good Jojo novel, as in it's the only one that feels like 'Jojo'.

Once stands gets introduced, Jojo has the highest amount of "aw man, wouldn't it have been cool if THIS happened" of pretty much anything else I've experienced.

I guess that's why they were made in the first place. Infinite possibilities.

cntr

Banned
Krafwerk's power and reference are both super cool. Araki better make another Kraftwerk reference and/or reuse the ability eventually

Because of its power, because you're a fan of the band, or both?
Because of its power and design, never listened to Kraftwerk tbh but I've heard of them. But Kraftwerk could've made for so many super cool fights. Shoulda given him to mista rather than sex pistols, though I do love their personalities.

cntr

Banned
I wonder how hard it'll be to maintain the Vento Aureo playlist, since Prince's estate isn't going to let any version of Gold last long on YouTube

Nightbird

So, it seems that there are multiple translations for Vento Aurero, but which one is the correct one?

Also, hi! I decided to finally give in and read the Manga haha

cntr

Banned
man, people don't give enough appreciation to Araki's naming sense

Phantom Blood, Battle Tendency, Stardust Crusaders, Diamond is Unbreakable, Vento Aureo, Stone Ocean, Steel Ball Run, Jojolion. Those names are all so good.

Reading that thread in Off Topic like:
dec.gif

Doukou

Reading part 6 again, Pucci doesn't really get enough credit for being a breath of fresh air. DIO Kira and Diavolo felt really passive, only getting into conflicts because they were forced into it, while Pucci almost always has a role to play into each battle, even if it is just him talking to himself in the background.

Tizoc

Preaching while Black.
kV77wMq.png

Or is that Posing?

...but yeah when you think about it, Pucci may as well be the other protagonist in Part 6.

Voror

So I was thinking on Pearl Jam and wondering: What is the limit of its abilities? Like could he prepare a dish that would replace a smokers lungs with fresh ones or straight up replace the heart of someone who needed a new one? Or is that a maybe because it was never really defined?

D-Man

Went back to see what happened in the Off-Topic thread since I haven't looked at it since I posted in it.

A lot of these people don't deserve JoJo.

So my brother made it to part 2 and he says hes really enjoying it, but he also says he's most excited for part 4 because of the art. But I'm really glad I got him into it and that I found him something to enjoy since he's been having a lot of trouble with life at the moment.

does whitesnake have its own personality ? are the dialogue bubbles spoken by him ? or is it like killer queen, where it looks like its talking (during bites the dust activation) but it is actually kira talking ?
and is KC like KQ or whitesnake ? we see KC more than divalo and I always assumed that its the one talking.

cntr

Banned
Whitesnake is like Highway Star, sort of has an independent personality, but not to the same extent as Echoes or Spice Girl.

King Crimson's a normal punch ghost, though.

Matsukaze

It might have been because of the translation I read, but I remember a lot, perhaps most, of King Crimson's dialogue came across as Diavolo using his Stand as a mouthpiece while he stayed out of sight.

Erigu

man, people don't give enough appreciation to Araki's naming sense
Phantom Blood, Battle Tendency, Stardust Crusaders, Diamond is Unbreakable, Vento Aureo, Stone Ocean, Steel Ball Run, Jojolion. Those names are all so good.
"Stardust Crusaders", "Diamond Is Unbreakable" and "Vento Aureo" are alright.
"Phantom Blood" is... Is that supposed to be a reference to Jonathan and Dio not being blood-related but still "brothers"? A bit weak...
"Battle Tendency" could work for any part. It's just bleh.
"Stone Ocean" is kinda bad. "Stone" kinda works for a prison, and is part of Jolyne's Stand name, but the "Ocean" part? Was the location of the final fight supposed to justify that?
"Steel Ball Run" keeps reminding me that it's a complete coincidence that the race is called that and Gyro uses steel balls as a weapon. So fucking dumb.
"JoJolion" is crap. Araki just went with some shit he vaguely (and poorly) remembered and called it a day.

Squishy3

I'm pretty sure the naming of Stone Ocean is supposed to be a metaphor for what ended up happening to Jolyne akin to being thrown into the bottom of the ocean and having to swim her way up.

The ocean in this case is a prison sentence she doesn't deserve. She makes the metaphor when she's naming her Stand and that's why it's named Stone Free.

Come on, Steel Ball Run is obviously a play on Cannonball Run and the name of the person who created it, Steven Steel.

Do I think Araki planned for this? hell no.

Debirudog

Araki mentioned that Fugo was meant to betray the gang and get killed by them...but he was going through a bad time in real life, and didn't want to write something so depressing.

But at least we got Purple Haze Feedback out of it!
I thought he was suppose to rejoin them later and fight Diavalo only to get killed.

I'm pretty sure the naming of Stone Ocean is supposed to be a metaphor for what ended up happening to Jolyne akin to being thrown into the bottom of the ocean and having to swim her way up.

The ocean in this case is a prison sentence she doesn't deserve. She makes the metaphor when she's naming her Stand and that's why it's named Stone Free.

Right. As a metaphor, it's Jolyne against the world in a sense.

Went back to see what happened in the Off-Topic thread since I haven't looked at it since I posted in it.

A lot of these people don't deserve JoJo.
It's clearly too good for a lot of Gaf. Like I question stuff but at the same time I know what I'm watching or reading and genuinely love to discuss it.

It's clearly too good for a lot of Gaf. Like I question stuff but at the same time I know what I'm watching or reading and genuinely love to discuss it.
My brother asked why everyone was posing so much.
I told him it was an essential part of Jojo.
Then he asked me if the whole series was like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom