• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

cntr

Banned
Breaking News: Florida Man hires man to kill incestuous brother, accidentally hires the KKK.

Yeah I know that's not what real Florida is like, but the jokes are too easy

Reading about the later Jojo parts I have to say Steel Ball Run sounds the most interesting, at the same time it makes me sad the old universe is gone after part 6.

Nightbird

so as it turns out, I was spoiled on jotaros death in part 6.

i always thought it was a weak joke, but nope, that's actually what happens...

The Internet is shit

so as it turns out, I was spoiled on jotaros death in part 6.

i always thought it was a weak joke, but nope, that's actually what happens...

The Internet is shit

So you decided to come into the manga thread, where spoilers are openly discussed, to share it?

I wonder how you got spoiled in the first place.
full

Nightbird

Yeah, don't read YouTube comments. YouTube comments on Jojo videos are really really bad about avoiding spoilers.

This is the only fanbase I've been part where I saw people spoiling stuff completely on purpose while being supported by others.

I'm just glad that the Jojo community here on GAF is not like that :)

cntr

Banned
Jojo is in a weird situation where half of the fandom is out of sync with the other by almost two decades worth of material, which starts bending the typical rules of spoilers. And people either don't think about it, or they're assholes about it.

Game of Thrones had something similar going on, since the books were really far ahead when the show started.

Thud

This is the only fanbase I've been part where I saw people spoiling stuff completely on purpose while being supported by others.

I'm just glad that the Jojo community here on GAF is not like that :)

Stone ocean is pretty old already.

One week is enough to fill a landmine of spoilers on the web. The way to avoid is either not reading it or not caring about it.

Nightbird

Jojo is in a weird situation where half of the fandom is out of sync with the other by almost two decades worth of material, which starts bending the typical rules of spoilers. And people either don't think about it, or they're assholes about it.

Game of Thrones had something similar going on, since the books were really far ahead when the show started.

Stone ocean is pretty old already.

One week is enough to fill a landmine of spoilers on the web. The way to avoid is either not reading it or not caring about it.

Good points.

I guess I never realized that because I was never part of the group who had to worry about spoilers before >.>

You know, thinking about it again. King Nothing would be a perfect ED for the last section of VA.
King Crimson
King Nothing

King Nothing lyrics:
Wish I may, wish I might
Have this I wish tonight
Are you satisfied?
Dig for gold, dig for fame
You dig to make your name
Are you pacified?

All the wants you waste
All the things you’ve chased

Then it all crashes down
And you break your crown
And you point your finger
But there’s no one around
Just want one thing
Just to play the king
But the castle’s crumbled
And you’re left with just a name

Where’s your crown,
King Nothing?
Where’s your crown?

Hot and cold, bought and sold
A heart as hard as gold
Are you satisfied?
Wish I might, wish I may
You wish your life away
Are you pacified?

All the wants you waste
All the things you’ve chased

Then it all crashes down
And you break your crown
Just want one thing
Just to play the king
Where’s your crown, King Nothing?
Where’s your crown?

I wish I may, I wish I might
Have this wish I wish tonight
I want that star, I want it now
I want it all and I don’t care how

Careful what you wish
Careful what you say
Careful what you wish, you may regret it
Careful what you wish, you just might get it

Then it all crashes down
And you break your crown
Just want one thing
Just to play the king

Where’s your crown, King Nothing?

Nothing

And it's got a cool little intro that could lead out the end of episodes.
And it's off of Load

Astral

I finally read the new JoJolion chapter. I think this is the first chapter in all of JoJo I hated. Fucking zombies? Araki can do so much better than that. I really hope there's a lot more to this ability.

cntr

Banned
I finally read the new JoJolion chapter. I think this is the first chapter in all of JoJo I hated. Fucking zombies? Araki can do so much better than that. I really hope there's a lot more to this ability.
I don't think it's literally zombies, it's a power that forces you to walk towards a target in a straight line, based on whether you contact Dolomiti's teeth.

cntr

Banned
Imagine DiU 2.0 except it's a mystery instead of slice of life, and with more bizarreness and more balls than the previous parts.

Astral

I don't think it's literally zombies, it's a power that forces you to walk towards a target in a straight line, based on whether you contact Dolomiti's teeth.

See the the walking in a straight line is interesting. The weird zombie aspect of it isn't though. Is Dolomiti the guy's name? I feel like I'm missing something. Do we know much about him other than he's someone that had an equivalent exchange after eating the Rokakaka? I'm assuming what we saw in the beginning of the chapter was his backstory and that he probably ate the fruit to try to bring that girl back.

cntr

Banned
See the the walking in a straight line is interesting. The weird zombie aspect of it isn't though.
See, I don't think they're literally zombies, they just ignore everything and walk in a straight line. That's distinct enough.

Is Dolomiti the guy's name?
Yeah, it is.

I feel like I'm missing something. Do we know much about him other than he's someone that had an equivalent exchange after eating the Rokakaka? I'm assuming what we saw in the beginning of the chapter was his backstory and that he probably ate the fruit to try to bring that girl back.
I think he accidentally used his power on the girl, that's why she just continued walking even after noticing that he got shocked. And then he used the rokakaka to heal his injuries and not die.

Astral

See, I don't think they're literally zombies, they just ignore everything and walk in a straight line. That's distinct enough.

Yeah, it is.

I think he accidentally used his power on the girl, that's why she just continued walking even after noticing that he got shocked. And then he used the rokakaka to heal his injuries and not die.

Upon reading it again, you're right. He was the one the got electrocuted anyway, not the girl.

Astral

It still blows my mind that Jotaro not only found the time to write a thesis paper during the events of Part 4, but also found it so important that it couldn't wait until they caught the fucking Stand-wielding serial killer. Jotaro is so fucking cool.

It still blows my mind that Jotaro not only found the time to write a thesis paper during the events of Part 4, but also found it so important that it couldn't wait until they caught the fucking Stand-wielding serial killer. Jotaro is so fucking cool.

But didn't find enough time to raise his daughter

Jotaro doesn't use The World much in combat in Part 4 because he's constantly using it to work on his thesis and it tires him out.

This is now canon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom