• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

cntr

Banned
6kQH2N0.png

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
I can not wait to see animegaf's reaction to Doppio. Or the greatness that is Mista. Or Mr. President. Or the return of Fashion Diva Polneraf.

Edit: Upon retrospect, there's a lot more to Part 5 that I liked than I remembered, even though this is my least favorite part.

wish araki didnt reveal that doppio = divalo so early (iirc it was soon after his introduction). would have been great if we discover it his true identity during the metallica fight

cntr

Banned
Wouldn't be surprised if David Pro edited the reveal to happen during Metallica, yeah. If they did July 15th, they can do that!

Wouldn't be surprised if David Pro edited the reveal to happen during Metallica, yeah. If they did July 15th, they can do that!

It'd be nice if they took liberties with thst reveal just like they did with the reveal of The World's time stop since I feel it was even better that way. I think it's unlikely but there actually is a precedent so I have a little hope.

Tizoc

Reposting the draft, a fellow GAFfer has offered to help with having it in Italian so we'll get to that once we're close to the Part 5 anime's airing whenever that is ;)
=====

aU5n2D2.png

Introduction
Welcome one and all to the animated adaptation of Part 5 of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure.
This new Part takes place in fair and beautiful Italy, home of fashion, art and yakuzamafiapizza (Mozzarella~). Going forward, the series' trademark fabulousness, fashion and Stands with ridiculous powers are taken up to Eleven AND BEYOND.

For MAXIMUM enjoyment, watch the show with friends and/or family who have never watched JoJo before and watch joyfully as their mind goes numb from the absurdity!
Why not also take a screenshot from the episode and put it up on Social Media for all your followers and friends to see, and chortle at their failed attempts at comprehending the insane footage before their phone's screen.

The story
While Part 4 wasn't heavy on having a primary plot, Part 5 on the other hand does.
Part 5 follows Giorno Giovana, a teenager not just with ATTITUDE, but charisma, style, fortitude and, most important of all, a DREAM. It this DREAM that pushes him forward in this madcap odyssey he is about to embark; Giorno Giovana
IBj7GhB.jpg

No more need be said; now you know the plot, get your poses ready, cuz it's about to get FABULOUS.

The lead fasion models

50587c62c6b56cf0decdc9811c8cde77.jpg

(^Gonna need a better ver. of Prince in the yellow suit)
Giorno Giovana is a teenager with a most peculiar dream and he will let nothing and no one get in his way to achieve it. Aided by golden Stand and crazy ass Italian donuts hairdo he will embark on a quest to achieve his dream.

tumblr_ncsbwfj4vR1tkolvlo2_400.png

Is he a brown biscuit or the most fashionable shade of brown in the world? Regardless Bruno is not one to be trifled with as he a member of the gang 'Passione', yet what interest does he have with Giorno? Does he wish to earn his friendship? Could he be a long lost childhood friend of Giorno's?! STAY TUNED TO FIND OUT!

cntr

Banned
From the current state of the poll, it's a close match between "Livin' in a gangstar's paradise", "That's bullshit, but I believe it.", or "This taste...it is the taste of an |OT|!".

Tizoc

From the current state of the poll, it's a close match between "Livin' in a gangstar's paradise", "That's bullshit, but I believe it.", or "This taste...it is the taste of an |OT|!".

Gonna need an Italian GAFfer's input too as to which of them would read/sound better in Italian ;)

I got no complaints. He's supposedly boring but Araki knows how to design a lead character. Once we got passed Jotaro they're nothing but great designs.

Siegcram

Gonna need an Italian GAFfer's input too as to which of them would read/sound better in Italian ;)
"Vivendo in uno Gangster's Paradise"
"C'è stronzata, ma che credo."
"Che sapore ... è il sapore degli OT"

Bit shaky on the last one, no idea what gender "OT" would have in italian. Second one probably translates the best, if only because italian curse words sound awesome.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
The Toonami reaction to Joseph pulling the machine gun out of his ass was hilarious, & I cannot wait to see how the viewers will react to stuff like the piranhas, the dubstep vampire squirrel attacking the cyborg nazi, Stroheim in general, among more.

Just like they did with FUCKING PIRANHAS
& I cannot wait to post this once we get to that scene in the anime....though maybe I'll post it once we see Joseph actually pulls through.

Matsukaze

I just finished Part 6.

What the fuck.

Thoughts tomorrow when I have been able to process what I just read.
Lol. I think everyone who finishes Stone Ocean has the same reaction. When I finished it, I was speechless and had to sort my feelings. I loved it and I still think Part 6 has the most powerful endgame in the entire series.

I want you all to know that
I love you and the entire GAF Jojo community
We are the best thread on GAF, so it makes sense. :)

Agreed. And it's probably increased my enjoyment for this series twenty fold
Same here. Being exposed to memes galore has also helped. The abundance of fan art is great too. I don't have to feel ashamed of shipping Kira with Shinobu. I actually find it interesting that from the first day...at least in the anime he shared his daily ritual with her of playing the radio and making breakfast. It seemed like something he reserved for his hand fetish, but he did it with her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom