• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

SalvaPot

Another issue with Part 7 is that, well, from Part 1 to 6, most of the panels are just stylistic still shots. Which David Pro faithfully adapts.

But in Part 7, the panels aren't still, they have motion to them. Things are constantly moving and happening in SBR, and you can't adapt that as still shots and make it work.

Plus all that is on horses.

「STAND」fights on horses.

I don't know, I am reading through it right now and you could easily focus on the camera and ignore the horses. Most of the time you see the horses faces or the horses running. The running could be saved by just focusing on the hooves stomping on the ground, not having to show the full body on motion and just save those for the money shots. The action of the characters could be done in stylistic cut-outs, instead of showing the full scene you just show the movement and a colorful background. There is a lot of Technics they can use while saving costs and still getting the entertainment across.

They managed fine enough in the Coliseum battle in Part 2.

cntr

Banned
33DR7D9.png

Thud

What kills me is the new opening at the end of the episode. Talk about taking a joke to far and running away with it.

Edit: Also, I fucking love that Diego got to keep his Dinosaur ability.

I showed that piece a few times, Gintaman~

People talking about animating part 7, I think that aside from it's length the fact that it's a horse race might require a lot more animation budget no?

A better direction. You need to create the feeling that we are in a race, and I'm winning.

(Sorry for the rat race reference)

Voror

Yeah I realize I got close with spoilers. I got the threads mixed up and thought I was in this rather than the anime thread.

Do you have a source? Because I've got one right here that says it is, actually.

Araki himself stated in 2013 that Morioh as it appears in Diamond is Unbreakable and JoJolion are two different universes that are completely disconnected, and that the characters within each world will never meet.

Your article is from 2004, so I'd wager Araki initially intended SBR to be that new universe, but eventually just decided it'd be its own thing. This source is from the official ASB guide.

People talking about animating part 7, I think that aside from it's length the fact that it's a horse race might require a lot more animation budget no?

Talking with my friends, I reasoned that it'd probably have to make the jump to CGI to be practical for the show's budget. At the very least, horseracing segments would have to be CGI.

They managed fine enough in the Coliseum battle in Part 2.

That battle uses a lot of CG panoramic shots. Go back and rewatch it; they don't even try to hide it, and it sticks out like a sore thumb.

Erigu

Edit: I see where you're coming from, but "entered a new cycle" is still very ambiguous,
It really isn't.
A literal translation would be that "the world performed one entire revolution and entered a new world" (yes, it's clunky, but hey: Araki). As readers of Part 6 would know. And that new world is where the action of Steel Ball Run is set. How is that ambiguous?

especially given D4C.
Didn't exist at the time anyway...

Araki himself stated in 2013 that Morioh as it appears in Diamond is Unbreakable and JoJolion are two different universes that are completely disconnected, and that the characters within each world will never meet.
He calls them "parallel worlds" in both interviews, but in the 2004 interview, he specifies what he means by that and explains that the Steel Ball Run world is the one that's created at the end of Part 6. He doesn't contradict that in the 2013 interview.
Not that it matters anyway. He clearly doesn't intend to do much of anything out of that particular connection.

Are we really trying to hold Araki to consistency now? Things change drastically within their own story arcs, much less considering the time after these events happen

Erigu

Are we really trying to hold Araki to consistency now?
Like I said, I really don't see him doing anything out of that in the first place (and I trust it would make no sense if he tried anyway).
The point is, he's once said that (again, for what it's worth which is not much of anything) Steel Ball Run was set in the new world created at the end of Part 6, and I don't know that he specifically said otherwise since then.

Are we really trying to hold Araki to consistency now? Things change drastically within their own story arcs, much less considering the time after these events happen

I mean, people give him a lot of shit with the whole "Araki forgot" meme, but when it comes to little details, he's surprisingly good at keeping on-track... some of the time.

For instance, every one of Jotaro's deaths went exactly as predicted by Thoth: his face is gruesomely split vertically.

So hey, even if we haven't seen Yausho for a year (please bring her back) and he only just remembered that Kyo exists, he still remembers, right guys? Right?

I go back and forth on whether the face splitting is a hard rule Araki has for Jotaro or a cool coincidence.

I think he's been solid at remembering details for Jojolion, if only due to its structure.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I like to think that Araki knows his stuff contradicts past stuff, but just does it anyway.

"Oh wait, I killed Dio at the end of Part 1... Fuck it, Dio had a second coffin."

I like to think that Araki knows his stuff contradicts past stuff, but just does it anyway.

"Oh wait, I killed Dio at the end of Part 1... Fuck it, Dio had a second coffin."

I thought the implication at the start of Part 3 was that the coffin they found was the same one Erina used to survive at the end of Part 1, but Dio hid away in a secret compartment on it.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I thought the implication at the start of Part 3 was that the coffin they found was the same one Erina used to survive at the end of Part 1, but Dio hid away in a secret compartment on it.

Reading it again, I think you are right. There is no way in hell he had the time to do it though.

jDRfd1x.png

fOc3OKe.jpg

Pompadour

It just occured to me: why is there a Stand user mafia and why couldn't Bruno just rob any bank he wanted to with Sticky Fingers? It seems like organized crime would be unnecessary for a lot of stand users in Part 5 considering how crazy their powers are. And the crime they'd engage in would be very high level because assassinating a President would be trivial for someone like Mista, for instance.

Of course, maybe the implication is that all world leaders are stand users like Valentine.

Erigu

I go back and forth on whether the face splitting is a hard rule Araki has for Jotaro or a cool coincidence.
Yeah, I'm not convinced that was done on purpose...

I think he's been solid at remembering details for Jojolion, if only due to its structure.
I can't say I'm particularly impressed so far.
When was that picture of Josefumi, Kira and Karera taken, if Josefumi didn't introduce her to Kira until right before their "deaths"?
Nijimura explained that Soft & Wet was the result of a fusion of Killer Queen's exploding bubbles and another Stand. Turns out that other Stand literally was Soft & Wet already, bubbles and all. So much for that. Guess Josefumi and Kira's Stands just happened to both involve bubbles.
There aren't many connections with Steel Ball Run, but Araki still managed to get Higashikata Norisuke's year of birth completely wrong when he introduced that family tree.
I don't know how hopeful I should be that Araki still remembers that man whose face Jōsuke suddenly recalled back in volume 2 (that never came up during the Kira/Josefumi flashbacks, so... when/how?), or that mysterious child who showed up in town a bit over 100 years ago according to volume 5...

cntr

Banned
It just occured to me: why is there a Stand user mafia and why couldn't Bruno just rob any bank he wanted to with Sticky Fingers?
Well, how do you think Polpo had that huge stash of money?

More seriously, Vento Aureo works on mafia logic. Mafias don't exist merely to commit crimes like gangs do, they work to run and take "care" of the local population. Bruno, Giorno, and co. are the idealistic version of that.

SalvaPot

lol, I keep confusing the threads.

Anyway, Hot Pants been a girl is just a twist because of the artstyle, lol.

All the time I was thinking "No way that is a dude"

Edit: Just saw the first appearance of Jesus in Steel Ball Run. Plot Twist: Jesus is a variant of Joshua, so his name is actually Joshua Joestar. JoJo.

Edit: Just saw the first appearance of Jesus in Steel Ball Run. Plot Twist: Jesus is a variant of Joshua, so his name is actually Joshua Joestar. JoJo.

And the Joestar birthmark is the Star of Bethlehem.

"Let me tell you a little bit about myself. Me, Johnny Joestar. Born Jonathan Joestar"

Part 8 is gonna blow your mind.

Worn out places, worn out faces...

Joshua, son of Joseph. The ur-JoJo.

Breads

Banned
Just had my monthly reminder that Jo2uke has four testicles.

For it to have been so obvious at a glance I have to wonder... does he have two ballsacks or just one four-pack.

Happy new year. Goodbye moriho 😭
Good bye josuke and rohan

Hope 2017 gives us part 5 anime (I know it's happening but it could air in 2018 or 2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom