• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

Why not just call Part 8 Josuke 'JoJo'? The way they did it is silly.

EDIT: Who the slag is Phillips? Is it Coco Jumbo the turtle from Part 5?
Phillips the Senator.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I wonder if "Cool Ice" is gonna be Vanilla Ice's changed name...which seems silly considering it would have been changed from a music reference to a reference of a movie based on said music reference.

Also Sheer Heart Attack is just a plain ol' Heart Attack now.

Astarte

Filthy acts, at a reasonable price? I really wish they kept the four letters-one letter theme.
I also really hope the DLC doesn't cost 7 dollars each again, because that hurt my wallet.

Astarte

Because it's being used as a phrase rather than a name? The stand name still seems to be D4C it's just that they avoid saying what that actually means.

I mean, something like Abominable Actions Achieved At a Bargain would have been nice to see.

Why did they change Pucci's name to being Father Pucci?

What a random change for no reason.

Well, I think it has to do more with the origin of the name. Enrico was named after a fashion designer; even if it just seems like a normal name, I doubt araki would want it to be just a random name.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Are they seriously making puns for Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap? Sounds like ASB's version of Stealth Rock puns.

Kusagari

Well, I think it has to do more with the origin of the name. Enrico was named after a fashion designer; even if it just seems like a normal name, I doubt araki would want it to be just a random name.

Enrico and Pucci are taken from two different fashion designers. There's no reason to keep Pucci if they're getting rid of the Enrico. It's just a cobbled together name from the two designers.

I see no reason at all they would have to change it.

Eusis

Enrico and Pucci are taken from two different fashion designers. There's no reason to keep Pucci if they're getting rid of the Enrico. It's just a cobbled together name from the two designers.

I get the impression some lawyers take an extreme "better safe than sorry" approach and even if there's little actual chance of a suit the fact they're a recognizable chance at all is too much. Or that was historically the rumored/suspected issue with Earthbound, but that came out clean so who knows what went down there, maybe that WAS the case but someone just went "screw it, it's really not worth sweating over" while Namco Bandai's not inclined to feel the same way here.

Astarte

Pucci's a fashion designer too? Hoho, well I learned something today. Maybe Pucci's estate actually gave their blessing? I mean, if something like Soft and Wet got okay'd by Prince

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
IMG_20140423_093617.jpg

This is the funniest thing I've seen all day. Worth it for the meme-worthy horribleness.

jgminto

Is that an accurate translation

Well the panel it's referencing is translated as "I, Okuyasu Nijimura, will terminate you, Josuke Higashikata, with my stand "The Hand"!"

The dialogue in the game (link) uses both of their full names so it would have to be something similar to that. It was the single half a chapter when Okuyasu was actually a serious villain.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Well the panel it's referencing is translated as "I, Okuyasu Nijimura, will terminate you, Josuke Higashikata, with my stand "The Hand"!"

The dialogue in the game (link) uses both of their full names so it would have to be something similar to that. It was the single half a chapter when Okuyasu was actually a serious villain.

Well, to be fair, the former is an extremely [stilted] and [unnatural] sentence.

I like how the changed names have kana anyway. Oh, Bandai Namco...

The kana are the changed names, actually . I'm surprised they did this.

For instance, Narciso Anasui's actual name is: ナルシソ・アナスイ

"Narc Anastasia" is: ナルク・アナスタシア

jgminto

I still don't really know what Jo2uke's bubbles can actually do. It's been such a long time since he's used them successfully that it's hard to know their potential. Couldn't he remove
Yotsuya's rock-shifting ability
with his bubble?

JohnDoe

Banned
I still don't really know what Jo2uke's bubbles can actually do. It's been such a long time since he's used them successfully that it's hard to know their potential. Couldn't he remove
Yotsuya's rock-shifting ability
with his bubble?

CH 31 spoilers:

Jo2uke's stand 「Soft and Wet」 uses his 「bubbles」 to 「take away something」 from another thing. In this case he used his 「bubbles」 to 「remove Yotsuya」 from the 「rocks」.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I'm glad the Part 3「Anime」is so faithful to the「Manga」.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom