• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
A shame they couldn't do something among the lines of Omnibus releases or perhaps just a complete boxed set of all the volumes together.

Oh well, the fact they're getting re-released is still nice. If this meant we somehow got official translations of other parts (like Part 4), then that'd be awesome.

Reading the series for the first time, finished part four last night, probably my favorite so far for just how consistently dumb and hilarious it was. Enjoyed the change of pace from grand adventure to more a everyday life feel, even if a lot of it felt inconsequential by the end.

Starting part five tonight.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Bm4AuyFCAAINkGD.jpg

Edit: & to cross-post, DLC schedule for characters for All-Star Battle have been revealed:

May 13th: Old Joseph Joestar, Lisa Lisa, & Baoh
May 20th: Fugo, Anasui/Anastasia, & Cool/Vanilla Ice
May 27th: Iggy

No word on Shigekyo or Kira's date. Maybe they'll be released with Iggy since the previous weeks have 3 characters each.

Have they translated the colorized version of the manga? It's gorgeous!

I was also thinking the other day how cool it would be to bring back Kars.
He comes back to earth and faces bunch of dudes with stand ability. That'd be awesome.

jgminto

I haven't seen any translations of the new coloured stuff. I know some people don't like how it looks but I think it's great. They're so vibrant, it suits JoJo perfectly.

jgminto

All of these different translations of Avdol's "Trying to predict the future in front of a fortune teller? Isn't that rather foolish?" line are reeeeeally bugging me.

Stinky

All of these different translations of Avdol's "Trying to predict the future in front of a fortune teller? Isn't that rather foolish?" line are reeeeeally bugging me.

Its so annoying dealing with so many different translations.

The more I play of All Star Battle, the more I realise why some lines are familar. Especially since the SBR lines are "abstract" enough as it is.

Is Johhny's victory line "I'll only shoot if I have no doubts" a reference to Jesus Christ telling him "Johnny Joestar, if your heart waivers, do not shoot"?

Tizoc

tumblr_n4aoazWNWN1sidhl9o1_1280.png

tumblr_n5cepdrCvS1qcy0tmo1_1280.png

tumblr_n5cepdrCvS1qcy0tmo2_1280.png

An updated image on the evolution of JoJo art
http://williamzeppeli.tumblr.com/post/85202670910/jojos-bizarre-adventure-art-evolution-over-the

Hmm during the Part 5 up til Mid Part 7 Araki's drawing of the nose seems the same.

tumblr_n5bvpn0p3e1slgqyyo1_1280.png

tumblr_n5bvpn0p3e1slgqyyo2_1280.png

tumblr_n5bvpn0p3e1slgqyyo3_1280.png

tumblr_n586hpqgo51qagpk8o1_1280.png

tumblr_n57bg6fVmO1qm07f4o1_1280.jpg

Hah genius

tumblr_n56fsrvcyE1rypjv4o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_n4ppifL5Mk1r1f1jeo1_500.png

tumblr_n555ylM5a11qepum0o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_n54t6pWI071qh6ohxo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_n54vayNm4X1ra23i2o1_1280.png

tumblr_n54zy6aHrP1qzgab1o1_1280.png

tumblr_n538pyYC1D1qzgab1o1_500.png

Unrelated but found it in the Vola Vola Vola Vola tumblr
tumblr_mybk3sPpEl1suh2teo1_500.jpg

Star Platinum * The World Cafe
http://noriakikakyoin.tumblr.com/post/84571286852/raikouben-cafe-star-platinum-the-world

tumblr_inline_n4z2ucZtVt1ro9rz7.jpg

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure info comic
http://gyrozeppeli.tumblr.com/post/84569869329/missjlh-this-is-me-when-i-try-to-explain-get

tumblr_n4wrdcsPOg1qm5kz7o1_1280.png

tumblr_n4v9mvbBZV1rn8um6o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_n4v4lhf2YO1qjlxxwo1_500.jpg

Wut

Super Brando Bros.
http://rezh0.tumblr.com/post/84341452278

tumblr_n4rnyqBJFm1qzjz68o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_n4qu6wvpa61rn8um6o7_r1_500.gif

tumblr_msk3e6cJD81r2lskuo1_1280.jpg

Eusis

I find it interesting, albeit not too surprising, how wildly he changed from the start of Part 1 to the end of it. I wonder if he had a very different idea of where to take the series initially, given it was relatively grounded until Dio became a vampire. Though the stone mask was there from the very start, so perhaps Zeppeli is more of a turning point there.

Astral

It's been a long journey but I finally reached Part 8. On average, how often does it update? Am I better off just waiting years till it's finished?

Astral

Gimme a ranking. If acceptable, you will be allowed to remain in this thread.

Lol. It's kinda hard to say. Parts 4 and 6 definitely left the biggest impressions on me, but they're all so good. For now it might be 4>6>2>7>5=3>1. Parts 2 and 7 might be interchangeable in my ranking.

Yonafunu

Lol. It's kinda hard to say. Parts 4 and 6 definitely left the biggest impressions on me, but they're all so good. For now it might be 4>6>2>7>5=3>1. Parts 2 and 7 might be interchangeable in my ranking.

The correct ranking is 4>2=7>6>3>1>5, but close enough. At least you have best Jojo on top.

Seriously though, to answer your question, Jojolion's updates have been pretty irregular, as far as I've noticed. I think it's supposed to be monthly, but that doesn't always pan out it seems. Scanlation-wise, that is.

Astral

The correct ranking is 4>2=7>6>3>1>5, but close enough. At least you have best Jojo on top.

Seriously though, to answer your question, Jojolion's updates have been pretty irregular, as far as I've noticed. I think it's supposed to be monthly, but that doesn't always pan out it seems. Scanlation-wise, that is.

I see, thanks. I guess it's worth checking to see if there's a new chapter up once a month.

Yonafunu

Oh boy, so much wrong in this ranking

There is only one thing completely and utterly irrefutable in this ranking;

5 is last.

I mean, the rest is on point too, but I can at least see people ranking 3 and 1 differently, or rank 2 or 7 higher. But 5 has to be dead last.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom