• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

Not necessarily
tumblr_n5lmw97bKM1qhhv13o1_500.png

why did I even make this

It's OK, I know a lot of people hate Pet Shop because of the game.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I was thinking a while back, is Man in the Mirror the only stand that actually matches it's power with it's name?

The Sun
Echoes
The Hand
The Lock
Harvest
Baby Face
Metallica
Rolling Stones
Weather Report
Sky High
Under World
Scan
Wired
Tatoo You!
Soft and Wet
Nut King Call

I'd consider all of those more or less to match up with their abilities, some more than others.

I was thinking a while back, is Man in the Mirror the only stand that actually matches it's power with it's name?

All of them do I think, maybe not some of the Tarot ones, whether it be just a straight up THIS IS MY STAND name (The Sun, Man in the Mirror, Weather Report, Grateful Dead) or lyrical reference (Killer Queen, King Crimson, Epitath) or having a name somewhat related to the power (Purple Haze, Highway Star, Aerosmith, Beach Boys)
I can't think of connections for some like D4C, Superfly and Foo Fighters

MilkBeard

Just started watching this show, I just finished episode 2. How have I waited this long to watch????

"He's a gentleman to the core!"

jgminto

Just started watching this show, I just finished episode 2. How have I waited this long to watch????

"He's a gentleman to the core!"

You might want to stick to the anime thread if you care about spoilers, though you might get spoiled on the second season there too.

hiroshawn

Banned
So after stumbling onto this thread I started watching the anime....Boy is it Bizarre. It seems to be moving so fast like the whole show is a flashback.

Ezalc

The Sun
Echoes
The Hand
The Lock
Harvest
Baby Face
Metallica
Rolling Stones
Weather Report
Sky High
Under World
Scan
Wired
Tatoo You!
Soft and Wet
Nut King Call

I'd consider all of those more or less to match up with their abilities, some more than others.

Honestly don't remember what some of those are/do (Wired, Under World, Baby Face, Sky High), however the others I agree with aside from Soft&Wet. How does that have anything to do with it's power?

jgminto

Wired is a stand from Steel Ball Run that has fish hooks attached to wires coming out of the users mouth, Sky High is from Stone Ocean and could control Rods, the mythical flying creatures. Also from Stone Ocean, Under World could create things from the memories of what happened on the ground in that area. Baby Face, from Vento Aureo can create a second stand with the blood of a male and female, passing down the traits of whoever the blood was from.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Honestly don't remember what some of those are/do (Wired, Under World, Baby Face, Sky High), however the others I agree with aside from Soft&Wet. How does that have anything to do with it's power?

Maybe not its power, but it controls bubbles which are soft and wet.

jgminto

Is that from the gif? I think it was just from the colour palette change during the fight. Also blue uniform Jotaro is so good. Only thing better is his second Diamond is Unbreakable outfit.

Those dolphins, so fucking good!

Tizoc

Is that from the gif? I think it was just from the colour palette change during the fight. Also blue uniform Jotaro is so good. Only thing better is his second Diamond is Unbreakable outfit.

Dat Josuke pose.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe

Yeah I checked, it's red in the ep

Gazoinks

Jotaro getting SO INTO being a marine biologist is one of my favorite things in the entire series.

Astral

Lol I never noticed the dolphins before. Gotta let people know you're a fucking marine biologist. I think my favorite Jotaro outfit is his Stone Ocean one because of those ridiculous pants and stars everywhere.

1335319301628.jpg

Tizoc

I just noticed it now but is that a freakin' Triangle Ruler on his jacket?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Sometimes, you need to draw a right angle.

When it comes to Stands, it always pays to be prepared.

Eusis

Well, both Tite Kubo and Hirohiko Araki both seems to have similar interests, like with fashion.

Except when Kubo draws his characters in alternative outfits they usually look more like something people might actually wear as I recall, while Araki just seems to want to be as fabulous as possible.

Tizoc

The final scene from the recent ep. of Stardust Crusaders gave me a chuckle as apparently Devo KNEW which Hotel the Joestars would be staying in and left his puppet there.
EDIT: Also, it seems Enya's name is Enyaba in the anime. UNLESS, the 'ba' at the end is an honorific like -san or -kun, as 'ba' means 'old woman' IIRC.

Astral

dat Jotaro regressing in age

Dat muscle atrophy :(

The final scene from the recent ep. of Stardust Crusaders gave me a chuckle as apparently Devo KNEW which Hotel the Joestars would be staying in and left his puppet there.
EDIT: Also, it seems Enya's name is Enyaba in the anime. UNLESS, the 'ba' at the end is an honorific like -san or -kun, as 'ba' means 'old woman' IIRC.

It means old woman or hag. The Crunchyroll subs seemed to have changed her name to Enyaba though, I guess to avoid trouble or something. That's the second name they change, the first being Captain Tennille to Captain Dragon. They'll probably keep doing it unfortunately.

jgminto

That means Devo must already be hiding in the fridge at that point.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Dat muscle atrophy :(

It means old woman or hag. The Crunchyroll subs seemed to have changed her name to Enyaba though, I guess to avoid trouble or something. That's the second name they change, the first being Captain Tennille to Captain Dragon. They'll probably keep doing it unfortunately.

Wouldn't be the first time.

Viz changed it to Enyaba as well. Pretty sure Namco did too for ASB.
Hard to tell if it's a mistranslation, or purposely changed to avoid legal trouble.
Honestly I thought Enya was a common name, until I learned that only the singer has that name.

Well, both Tite Kubo and Hirohiko Araki both seems to have similar interests, like with fashion.

Except when Kubo draws his characters in alternative outfits they usually look more like something people might actually wear as I recall, while Araki just seems to want to be as fabulous as possible.

Araki makes his characters interesting and can draw?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom