• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astarte

I don't know whether to buy the last few volumes of Jojo I have left to buy in part 7 or buy the localization of Phantom Blood. :[

Tizoc

BEING 30 YEARS YOUNGER NEVER STOPPED YOU JOSEPH
TGUATV.jpg

jgminto

Oh my god, the latest Jojolion chapter. I never thought
a beetle fight could be so intense!
WHY MUST I WAIT A MONTH TO SEE IT!?

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
This is my first full month of waiting for a new JoJolion. The struggle is real.

Dem crazy beetle fights.

jgminto

I'd say King Nothing is closer to Hermit Purple in some ways. Jojonium Joseph Joestar also looks very similar to Norisuke so that might be intentional.

Tizoc

Completely different. King Nothing is a smell tracking stand while Moody Blues rewound stuff.

Ah I must've gotten confused because
it took Yotsuyu's form, though all things considered it may also take the form of whose 'scent' it picked up, what with it being a jigsaw puzzle and all'

So Yotsuyu was a stone person? Kinda reminds me of Angelo from Part 4! The plot thickens, why do these stone-like beings pursue JoJo?

EDIT: I'm starting to like
Joubin, dude has wacky ass hobbies

EDIT2: Yeah I want the next issue already just to see how crazy this fight is gonna be XD

Riposte

Yo, this recent chapter was so good. Josuke8 is really starting come into his own as a protagonist. He knows how to make moves.

Btw, since I wasn't read up at the time, but given his appearance, was there any speculation on the connection between Kira and Jotaro of Part 8? I want to say he looked a lot like Jotaro early to mid Stardust Crusaders, but not so much in later appearances.

jgminto

Well, Kira is the son of Holly so they're both the same generation Joestar. Plus Jojolion Kira always wore his sailor uniform and hat.

Riposte

Well, Kira is the son of Holly so they're both the same generation Joestar. Plus Jojolion Kira always wore his sailor uniform and hat.

Maybe I asked my question poorly, but I meant before they revealed that Kira took Jotaro's place in the family line.

Riposte

Oh yeah, keep forgetting to cross-post this, but on the subject of a JoJo fighting game I played armchair designer a few weeks ago to think up an exciting concept:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=119604242&postcount=1961

Yeah, I hadn't even gone that far in thinking about it like that. You could get really crazy with it, like having "find the stand user" as a main objective to win a fight based on how characters match up. For example, there's a stand user who's stand is basically untouchable because he resides in reflections (which is the only way to see him), meaning anytime a reflective surface is looking at you, it can reach and attack you. Meanwhile, as a person, he's weak as fuck. So imagine a fight in a bustling city where a player must avoid reflective surfaces while trying to find another player (who needs to be relatively nearby IIRC) who is hiding himself while controlling this stand. Hell, imagine a mirror match like this. Imagine a four-player battle with all sorts of crazy stand powers along these lines! And that's just touching the surface of how crazy JoJo can be.

Admittedly, this moves it rather far away from what's expected of a fighting game. To be honest a game like this doesn't even need to be very well balanced, as a fanboy and someone who likes interesting mechanics, it would be really fascinating to play.

What would be a key for such a game, to really live up to the series where other games likely failed, is to have an engine that can handle the time-warping stands, especially King Crimson.

Newest Jojolion chapter is hype as fuck. I love Joubin as a potential antagonist or future partner. Him being Norisuke's eldest son means that he was also in danger of being turned into stone. Wonder why he'd hide the fact that he knows about the fruit from the others.

Oh yeah, keep forgetting to cross-post this, but on the subject of a JoJo fighting game I played armchair designer a few weeks ago to think up an exciting concept:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=119604242&postcount=1961

What would be a key for such a game, to really live up to the series where other games likely failed, is to have an engine that can handle the time-warping stands, especially King Crimson.

I can imagine this being incredibly difficult to set up in a PvP environment due to the nature of JoJo stand abilities. J. Geil/Hanged Man would have you switch between the user and the stand, leaving the other exposed to be attacked or spotted respectively. Still, would be amazing if someone tried their hand at this concept.

Tizoc

Newest Jojolion chapter is hype as fuck. I love Joubin as a potential antagonist or future partner. Him being Norisuke's eldest son means that he was also in danger of being turned into stone. Wonder why he'd hide the fact that he knows about the fruit from the others.

Prob. for the same reason Norisuke wouldn't let Tsurigi eat the piece that they found; he wanted to study it to make sure it IS safe to consume and not have any side effects.
At worse it may KEEP the petrification but have it occur at certain time sets and the only way to stop it is to continuously eat the fruit at certain intervals.

Prob. for the same reason Norisuke wouldn't let Tsurigi eat the piece that they found; he wanted to study it to make sure it IS safe to consume and not have any side effects.
At worse it may KEEP the petrification but have it occur at certain time sets and the only way to stop it is to continuously eat the fruit at certain intervals.

Maybe, but that doesn't explain why he's keeping it a secret from the others, including Norisuke.

Tizoc

Maybe, but that doesn't explain why he's keeping it a secret from the others, including Norisuke.

Well seeing as the events with Joubin's arrival and the current chapter took place within a day, Joubin will tell Norisuke soon I feel.

At any rate apparently Yotsuyu's Stand name is
I am a Rock
Really Araki? ...and how the heck did Yotsuyu waterboard Yasuho during his first appearance?

jgminto

I started my first reread of Jojolion. It's kind of crazy how many things still haven't been answered. The only hint to Josuke's second half is that he was involved with the fruit/rock men, we still don't know anything about the wall eyes and we don't know what the deal was with the bites on Josuke, Joshuu and Yasuho but they developed stands after that? AND WHO THE FUCK IS THIS GUY!?
It's been three and a half years, I wouldn't be surprised if Araki forgot this person exists.

fertygo

Finally reading the whole translation of part 4, man the last 5 volume is effing crazy.. aside the last fight with Kira, Enigma's fight stood out for some reason to me, can't really point why aside the banter is super engaging. Superfly also really cool.

I still bothered with Okuyasu's un-dead thing, but whatever.. maybe Josuke really earned that after all the bravado and crazy thing that he pull, crazy stuff.

fertygo

Yeah, it felt like a cop out.

And its directly affect the fight too, I would like it better if its truly Josuke showdown with Kira till the end.. yeah technically Jotaro that end him up too, but the fight is already over at that point. The Okuyasu's thing is the one that count as intervention.

Joseph's revival didn't really bother me at part 3 because its happen when the climax is over. Whatever its still a great fight.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Sure it was a cop out, but I didn't mind it. Bros gotta be bros.

Did the guy who made those awesome MADs for Parts 1-5 ever make ones for 6 and 7?
The Part 6 MAD is good even though it's not the same style, and the Part 7 one is cool for using the flash videos. (I think the Foo Fighters edit sounds better than the original)

But I miss the cool fast-paced DIGGY-MO ones with the stylish manga panels. They're so addicting! Get DOOOWN! DOWN DOWN DOWN...-ahem-

And since I'm bringing up the MADs for a millionth time, I'll link to HISTORY OF JOJO for good measure. Such a good song! (NAMI no YUKUSAKI by the Ricecookers)

...and Tokyo Polnareff Land. Again.

Strange request but pages ago someone posted some kind of Gyro tribute video where you also hear him (or rather his ghost, I guess) talking to Johnny after the latter beat Valentine. Anyone able to help out?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I just realized that a Jojo Musou would be awesome, but outside of part 1 and 2, none of them really lend a good scene for that.

sjack

Banned
Yeah, it felt like a cop out.

Honestly wasn't bothered by it because we got to hear his awesome boring dream about his brother. It added a nice little touch of character development for him that wouldn't have been there if they just killed him off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom