• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgminto

tumblr_na0udiCwso1s60tdlo3_1280.png

tumblr_na0kj9JRpq1t5u3txo1_1280.png

Apparently someone hacked out the models from ASB. They need to all be released and imported to SFM.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Guys, four of my good GAF buds are strictly anime only. I've been tempting them to read ahead and experience the glory of JoJo, but they want to wait until Part 3 is over.
I'm close to getting two of them to break down when the 3 month break happens.

Doesn't it hurt you guys to not be able to send the MADs and parodies to your fiends? They've had a taste with the Part 1/2 MAD and they're hyped, but they just won't budge!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
All-Star Battle will be on sale tomorrow on PSN for $35, or if you have PS+, $25. Now I just hope the DLC characters are discounted as well.

Yonafunu

Guys, four of my good GAF buds are strictly anime only. I've been tempting them to read ahead and experience the glory of JoJo, but they want to wait until Part 3 is over.
I'm close to getting two of them to break down when the 3 month break happens.

Doesn't it hurt you guys to not be able to send the MADs and parodies to your fiends? They've had a taste with the Part 1/2 MAD and they're hyped, but they just won't budge!

I dunno, I like watching anime only people and seeing their reactions and stuff. If I want to share MADs and parodies I just come here. I don't have a lot of friends that watch Jojo.

jgminto

I was reading Death 13 again for the upcoming episode and I saw the final panel:

CS06XTm.jpg

and could totally hear the opening jingle for Walk Like an Egyptian start in my head. It was Bizarre!

Gazoinks

I was reading Death 13 again for the upcoming episode and I saw the final panel:

CS06XTm.jpg

and could totally hear the opening jingle for Walk Like an Egyptian start in my head. It was Bizarre!

Kakyoin's smug face here is one of my favorite things about this battle. The whole conclusion is gonna be hilarious animated.

Beckx

Any word on whether the new Stardust Crusaders blu-rays are subtitled? The listings only have Japanese subs, unlike the listings for the prior season.

Well you will be able to do that but the only issue is that we don't know when. Still, at least they're likely to be way, WAY cheaper than buying the Japanese ones.

Oh, had no idea that someone had picked up the home video rights for US. Nice! Thanks SK.

Well, I don't think they've said anything about home video distribution, but since they're doing an actual dub it wouldn't make sense if there eventually weren't DVDs/BRs.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
I wish it was easy to get JoJo figures. You'd think the immense popularity of the anime would rekindle the spark, but it's impossible to find them.

I just want some figures!

jgminto

They'll probably invest more into figures here once they see how the physical sales are of both the anime and the new manga releases. While it's got a fairly strong internet fandom, it's hard to tell whether that will translate into sales. It's not too difficult go get them off japanese sites now though. I think AmiAmi is supposed to be a good one? They had them on crunchyroll for a while but they aren't on anymore for some reason.

The prices of the SAS figures themselves aren't too bad it's the shipping that hits hard with it. Always refer to the buy chart when buying though.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
What would people think about a Platinum Phantom Blood or Battle Tendency game?

Battle Tendency has a wider variety of big bads to act as a collection of bosses. And Joseph is out of his mind in that special way Platinum adores.

Ezalc

That was exactly what I thought. The fact that I may never see this happen is a travesty. Caesar and Lisa Lisa should be playable too, for at least one level. Stroheim as well just for shits and giggles.

jgminto

What would people think about a Platinum Phantom Blood or Battle Tendency game?

There was already a Phantom Blood game, we don't need another.
250px-PS2_Hokuto_no_ken.jpg

I'm not a Diamond is Unbreakable fanboy but if Platinum was doing a game on any specific part it should be that for the Highway Star fight alone.

Ezalc

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised to hear Kamiya walks up to strangers and says "YOUR NEXT LINE IS..."
I could see this happening already, even more in his twitter or something.

I'm not a Diamond is Unbreakable fanboy but if Platinum was doing a game on any specific part it should be that for the Highway Star fight alone.

Heh. The only reason I said that is because I feel like I agree with people who said that Jojo fights more along the lines of a puzzle instead of just all out brawls, with the exception of the first two parts. Plus you'd usually be the stand and not the stand user, overall I just think that making an action game wouldn't really work with the other parts.

Astral

He broke the fucking bike (cue Rules of Nature) and then repaired it as he was speeding along, several miles per hour, in MIDAIR. Then Michael Bay did it in Transformers 3.

Guys, Guys!

I've fallen in love with this series, there is no words, so much manliness, so much bizzare, so so awesome, I've finished the first season and I am on my third episode from the Stardust Crusader saga, HOWEVER, I admit that I am just starting the season but there are 2 things that I am not convinced about this season, first I am not liking this Jotaro guy, he is an asshole and doesn't compare to the awesomeness of Joseph, Joseph was an awesome protag a guy who didn't take himself so seriously and a guy that while talented had to train hard to hone his skills, that combined with with his wits and a little bit of luck of course is what made him the incredible fighter he is, Jotaro has none of that, can't really feel sympathy for Joseph's spoiled grand child.

The other thing is the Stands look awesome but the 2 fights i"ve seen so far haven't been that interesting to me because the guys just stand there (lol) while the Stands do the fight, yest I know they receive the same damage the Stand receives but there is some sort of disconnection if the fighters are just standing there mental fighting while the stands do the Job, Jotaro is kicking ass because he just happened to be blessed with a powerful Stand? with no training at all? there have to be more to it right? I know this season is heralded as one of the best, so I hope this season grabs me as the previous arc did.

Gazoinks

You have seen nothing yet. Either in the Stand or the Jotaro-awesomeness department. Keep watching.

Yeah, pretty much this. I will say that Part 3 is one of my least favorite Jojo parts, but it's still a lot of fun. Jotaro will probably grow on you (I didn't like him at all in early Part 3 either), and the Stand battles get progressively weirder as the series go on.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Guys, Guys!

I've fallen in love with this series, there is no words, so much manliness, so much bizzare, so so awesome, I've finished the first season and I am on my third episode from the Stardust Crusader saga, HOWEVER, I admit that I am just starting the season but there are 2 things that I am not convinced about this season, first I am not liking this Jotaro guy, he is an asshole and doesn't compare to the awesomeness of Joseph, Joseph was an awesome protag a guy who didn't take himself so seriously and a guy that while talented had to train hard to hone his skills, that combined with with his wits and a little bit of luck of course is what made him the incredible fighter he is, Jotaro has none of that, can't really feel sympathy for Joseph's spoiled grand child.

The other thing is the Stands look awesome but the 2 fights i"ve seen so far haven't been that interesting to me because the guys just stand there (lol) while the Stands do the fight, yest I know they receive the same damage the Stand receives but there is some sort of disconnection if the fighters are just standing there mental fighting while the stands do the Job, Jotaro is kicking ass because he just happened to be blessed with a powerful Stand? with no training at all? there have to be more to it right? I know this season is heralded as one of the best, so I hope this season grabs me as the previous arc did.

Welcome to the glory that is JoJo!

And FOR CRYING OUT LOUD GET OUT OF HERE THIS IS THE SUPER SPOILER THREAD LIKE SERIOUSLY MY FRIEND GO GO GO

I wouldn't wish JoJo spoilers on my greatest enemies. Maybe we should put SPOILER THREAD in the OT title.

Gazoinks

Speaking of which: I finally finished Part V. It dipped in the middle, but it got more interesting again as it neared the ending, with some great fights like Green Day/Oasis and Requiem. Climax was kind of disappointing though. For how threatening Diavolo was, he never got a proper fight. Gio just went "nope" and then he died.

Not my favorite part, but I don't think it deserves being called the worst part either. It's middle of the pack for me.

Now to catch up on Jojolion!

Siegcram

Speaking of which: I finally finished Part V. It dipped in the middle, but it got more interesting again as it neared the ending, with some great fights like Green Day/Oasis and Requiem. Climax was kind of disappointing though. For how threatening Diavolo was, he never got a proper fight. Gio just went "nope" and then he died.
That's kinda all you can do with GER.

Gazoinks

That's kinda all you can do with GER.

Yeah. With the way GER works (and King Crimson for that matter), there wasn't really anything else that could be done, it just didn't feel fully satisfying. Although I guess it's made up by that awesome 7-page beatdown on Green Day. So good.

On a related note, I always found it kind of funny how a little blurb in Part 6 mentions Gio in the area, but nothing ever comes of it. Not that it's the biggest retcon in Part 6, but it would've been pretty neat to see him show up.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah. With the way GER works (and King Crimson for that matter), there wasn't really anything else that could be done, it just didn't feel fully satisfying. Although I guess it's made up by that awesome 7-page beatdown on Green Day. So good.

On a related note, I always found it kind of funny how a little blurb in Part 6 mentions Gio in the area, but nothing ever comes of it. Not that it's the biggest retcon in Part 6, but it would've been pretty neat to see him show up.

GER would've nuked Pucci. Part 7 then would've followed the crazy awesome adventures of young Shizuka Joestar (Achtung Baby) and adult Josuke as they leave Morioh to solve something Dio-related in the mysterious town of DUWANG. Hijinx ensue. Something something KONO DIO DA.

Guest starring Mikitaka Hazekura as a pair of fuzzy slippers and Stray Cat as the Iggy of the part.

Welcome to the glory that is JoJo!

And FOR CRYING OUT LOUD GET OUT OF HERE THIS IS THE SUPER SPOILER THREAD LIKE SERIOUSLY MY FRIEND GO GO GO

I wouldn't wish JoJo spoilers on my greatest enemies. Maybe we should put SPOILER THREAD in the OT title.

lol thanks buddy I am out! I subscribed thinking it was the anime thread, but I found the other one, see you guys in 5 years when I catch up!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom