• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.
I preferred the stand battles in part 7 over any other part. The stands themselves were so much more interesting. I don't think there like any "punch ghosts" until basically the end of it.

I agree that the fights were more interesting (Scary Monsters in particular) especially after Part 6, but the last fight with Valentine is one of my favorites.

Still kind of disappointed about In A Silent Way. Such a cool design wasted on Echoes Pt. 2's power copied.

What animals has Araki killed over the course of jojo

I think every single animal that has ever appeared has died, save some of the horses in SBR and the dog in JoJolion, demise pending.

But specific animals? Like a dozen dogs, an orangutan, a bird, a cat, two rats and a bunch of horses.

I think the turtle technically survives. But not the Part 4 one.

Yeah, the entire point of that turtle was to show Crazy Diamond's healing.

Coco Jumbo wasn't as lucky. Sure technically the turtle is alive by the end of part 5, but that's Polnareff. Coco Jumbo's soul went into Polnareff, meaning that it died in his body.

jgminto

I was about to mention some problems with the fact that Coco Jumbo's stand doesn't travel with him to Polnareff's body. But then I remembered this is JoJo. And Vento Aureo.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Man in the Mirror was pretty damn clear in the Italian edition (the only one I've read).

I didn't like part 5 much back when it was being serialized, but I re-read it later on and appreciated it much more.
Giorno may not speak much, but I found him far from plain and boring, and almost all the fights are fantastic. Giorno vs. Black Sabbath or King Crimson vs. Metallica are among my favorite showdowns in the entire series.

Tizoc

Yeah, the entire point of that turtle was to show Crazy Diamond's healing.

Coco Jumbo wasn't as lucky. Sure technically the turtle is alive by the end of part 5, but that's Polnareff. Coco Jumbo's soul went into Polnareff, meaning that it died in his body.

The fella must've lived a long life by then, it's a sucky death but it lived its turtle life to the fullest before then at least.

fertygo

People keep talking about Avdol's getting new personality in Anime's OT, is that even stand true after that Judgement's fight? lol

Its been long time since my read, but iirc Avdol quickly back into that most passive member role.

I agree that the fights were more interesting (Scary Monsters in particular) especially after Part 6, but the last fight with Valentine is one of my favorites.

Still kind of disappointed about In A Silent Way. Such a cool design wasted on Echoes Pt. 2's power copied.

I think every single animal that has ever appeared has died, save some of the horses in SBR and the dog in JoJolion, demise pending.

But specific animals? Like a dozen dogs, an orangutan, a bird, a cat, two rats and a bunch of horses.

I think the turtle technically survives. But not the Part 4 one.
When did he ever kill a cat? I dont remember, im still in the middle of part 6 so maybe its in part 7 or 8?

Erigu

Then again, that wasn't quite the case for those either: Weather Report was just called that because of his amnesia, and Anubis' original (and long dead) Stand wielder was named "Caravan Sarai".

Siegcram

I thought it was a whole Anubis or Weather Report thing where the character has the same name as their stand.
Only ones that's true for so far are Foo Fighters and Sugar Mountain. We know Weather Report is Pucci's twin brother (and therefore presumably also named Pucci).

Erigu

On that wiki, maybe, but that doesn't mean much of anything. I don't believe there's any official source for that "Erba Gatta" thing.

Erigu

The JoJo a-Go! Go! one that they link to? It calls him "Tama".
And yet the wiki itself calls him "Gatta" (they even have a kana spelling, somehow!). Goes to show that wikis aren't reliable.

rrc1594

Been reading JoJo over the last couple wks. Dio is really a piece of shit, I mean wow talk about a hater. Over 100 years and he is still a hater

Been reading JoJo over the last couple wks. Dio is really a piece of shit, I mean wow talk about a hater. Over 100 years and he is still a hater
But dio stopped hating at the end of Part one when he wanted Jonathan's body cause Dio thought his body was the most perfect.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
So how is Araki gonna spin part 8 to make it related to Dio or something? That's what's annoying me on parts 4 onwards, though the annoyance varies (tolerable in 4 for instance).

Boss Doggie

I'm not really stingy on spoilers. Hell I already knew what happened to 4 before reading the clear scanlations :p

Wait, what, you mean Araki is really gonna make 8 Dio-related too?

I'm not really stingy on spoilers. Hell I already knew what happened to 4 before reading the clear scanlations :p

Wait, what, you mean Araki is really gonna make 8 Dio-related too?
No at the end of part 6 stuff happens and theres a universe reset and part 7 and 8 are in a different universe so in part 7 there is an alternate universe version of Dio named Diego but hes not the main villain of 7. So part 7 and 8 dont hsve any real relation to Dio Brando.

Leezard

No at the end of part 6 stuff happens and theres a universe reset and part 7 and 8 are in a different universe so in part 7 there is an alternate universe version of Dio named Diego but hes not the main villain of 7. So part 7 and 8 dont hsve any real relation to Dio Brando.

This is not really true, in the end of part 7
another Dio is pulled into the world (no pun intended), and he actually has The World stand rather than the Dinosaur stand.

Siegcram

This is not really true, in the end of part 7
another Dio is pulled into the world (no pun intended), and he actually has The World stand rather than the Dinosaur stand.
That's not Dio. It's another Diego wielding an alternate of The World. The last time we see vampire Dio is in Part VI flashbacks. Everything from SBR onward is an alternate timeline without a Dio Brando.

As to the antagonist question of Jojolion, I think it's save to say that he hasn't even been introduced yet. Since 8 mirrors Part 4 and Kira was introduced circa halfway through, I think it's safe to say the same will be true for Part 8.

You caught me before my edit. Yes, with The World existing in part 7, I don't think we can say that it has no relation to Dio. I might miss some information, though.
Well yeah I knew about it, I just though since diego is alt universe dio there would be another universe of SBR with Diego with The World just like i love to imagine another version of the regular universe where Dio has scary monster and fights Jotaro as a giant T-rex

Leezard

That's not Dio. It's another Diego wielding an alternate of The World. The last time we see vampire Dio is in Part VI flashbacks. Everything from SBR onward is an alternate timeline without a Dio Brando.

Well yeah I knew about it, I just though since diego is alt universe dio there would be another universe of SBR with Diego with The World just like i love to imagine another version of the regular universe where Dio has scary monster and fights Jotaro as a giant T-rex

All right, thanks for the corrections. :)

Lunar15

75% of the way through Stone Ocean now. I really like the characters, and the plot progression is actually pretty interesting. I'm having a real hard time trying to keep up with some of the stand powers though. Araki kind of went nuts with these after a certain point. Jolyne is a fun protagonist, really likeable.

I like that after the whole Abdul thing in Part 3, araki has to designate that characters are DEFINITELY DEAD by showing their ghost ascending to heaven. It's pretty funny.

I also think it's pretty funny that for a while Dio wasn't really doing anything expressly evil, he was just hanging out with Pucci, reading books in bed and building model boats.

75% of the way through Stone Ocean now. I really like the characters, and the plot progression is actually pretty interesting. I'm having a real hard time trying to keep up with some of the stand powers though. Araki kind of went nuts with these after a certain point. Jolyne is a fun protagonist, really likeable.

I like that after the whole Abdul thing in Part 3, araki has to designate that characters are DEFINITELY DEAD by showing their ghost ascending to heaven. It's pretty funny.

I also think it's pretty funny that for a while Dio wasn't really doing anything expressly evil, he was just hanging out with Pucci, reading books in bed and building model boats.
Wait does that mean....GASP Ceaser might be alive!?
i can dream damn it ;n;

Siegcram

Part 6 is the part I'm most excited for should it ever get animated. It's one of my favorite parts of the franchise, but some fights are just all over the place and neary incomprehensible.

At this rate it's only gonna take about 15 more years so at least I'll still be alive to see it.

Boss Doggie

Oh I know 7's story and 7 and 8 being the remake universe, but technically "Diego" still sorta is "Dio" if you scrunch a bit, and hey an alternate him even has The World for pandering!

That's why I am wondering if 8 will pull another Dio.

JohnDoe

Banned
Oh I know 7's story and 7 and 8 being the remake universe, but technically "Diego" still sorta is "Dio" if you scrunch a bit, and hey an alternate him even has The World for pandering!

That's why I am wondering if 8 will pull another Dio.
I doubt it. There hasn't been any hint of him appearing again in this part.
I hope we're done with Dio for good. He had a good run.

Siegcram

I doubt it. There hasn't been any hint of him appearing again in this part.
I hope we're done with Dio for good. He had a good run.
It also wouldn't make any sense since Part 8 is a Part 4 remix and Dio isn't in Diamond is Unbreakable (outside of some second-hand stories).

I highly doubt we'll see OG Dio ever again in JoJo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom