• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astarte

It also wouldn't make any sense since Part 8 is a Part 4 remix and Dio isn't in Diamond is Unbreakable (outside of some second-hand stories).

I highly doubt we'll see OG Dio ever again in JoJo.

Part 8 is a part 4
(and a part 2, judging from the pillar men)
remix. Maybe in part 10 we'll have a part 6 remix and have the universe thrown in for another loop. It's either that or Araki combines parts together in an unholy matrimony and makes Jorge Joestar canon.

Part 8 is a part 4
remix. Maybe in part 10 we'll have a part 6 remix and have the universe thrown in for another loop. It's either that or Araki combines parts together in an unholy matrimony and makes Jorge Joestar canon.
Part 13 is Jorge Joestar.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
I just want to see The Adventures of Teenage Emporio and Armless Avdol™ as they travel the lands fighting Stands and trying to bring back the original universe together.

Somehow Diavolo's great great grandson would end up being the new universe's Pucci.

EDIT: And Giorno. GER maybe probably saved him somehow.

Siegcram

Part 8 is a part 4
I have no interest in the whole Jorge story. It just seems like fanfic.

Btw is there any word from Araki how many parts of JoJo he has planned? Or is he just making shit up as he goes along with no particular outline?

I have no interest in the whole Jorge story. It just seems like fanfic.

Btw is there any word from Araki how many parts of JoJo he has planned? Or is he just making shit up as he goes along with no particular outline?
Dude Jojo was originally supposed to be a trilogy, ending with Part 3. He just makes up shit that works as he goes along.

jgminto

Part 13 is Jorge Joestar.

tumblr_mtlv6yAn491qdiw9jo2_500.png

I hope Jorge Joestar is never, ever translated or localized so the bullshit about it can never be widely seen or proven and it spins wildly out of control like some campfire story gone wrong.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Since we're talking about Jorge Joestar, can we, uh...talk about Jorge Joestar?

I mean...what IS this? Funnier Valentine? The Funniest Valentine? Walking towns? Multiple Kars on Mars?
though Kars on Mars sounds like an awesome 80s metal band

jgminto

I hope Jorge Joestar is never, ever translated or localized so the bullshit about it can never be widely seen or proven and it spins wildly out of control like some campfire story gone wrong.

No way, I need to read this piece of shit as soon as possible. Looking at the terrible illustrations is good enough for now though.

Since we're talking about Jorge Joestar, can we, uh...talk about Jorge Joestar?

I mean...what IS this? Funnier Valentine? The Funniest Valentine? Walking towns? Multiple Kars on Mars?
though Kars on Mars sounds like an awesome 80s metal band

Deviantart level fanfiction that somehow got an official release. Just keep clicking the arrow.

Siegcram

It's a fanfic that araki drew coverart for :y
So it's canon, confirmed!

spinmaster kira is the best part of jorge
I will say that "The Passion" is a badass Stand name. Although I have no idea what the fuck it does. But overall the novel just sounds utterly stupid. Bad stupid.

jgminto

And araki approves apparently, just not enought to make it canon.

I don't think Araki really cares about anything outside of the manga. I'm pretty sure all of the Light Novels contradict each other or the manga in some way. The Rohan spinoffs are likely the only thing outside the main series that are canon.

Astarte

I will say that "The Passion" is a badass Stand name. Although I have no idea what the fuck it does. But overall the novel just sounds utterly stupid. Bad stupid.

It's so dumb I love it. Just...holy fuck who thinks of this?

I don't think Araki really cares about anything outside of the manga. I'm pretty sure all of the Light Novels contradict each other or the manga in some way. The Rohan spinoffs are likely the only thing outside the main series that are canon.

Well I'd like to think that Purple Haze Feedback is canon because of how rad the story is.

jgminto

I don't think Purple Haze Feedback is stated as canon. It is quite good from what I read though. And I think it was adapted for the bonus story in ASB.

Siegcram

None of the light novels are explicitly canon. Some just don't mess with the established story (Like Purple Haze Feedback).

Purple Haze Feedback was pretty good apart from trying to connect a few characters together to try and make it like Star Wars with everyone knowing each other.

Hypron

I was watching the anime and couldn't wait anymore so I caught up with the mange in about 2 weeks. I'm not going to write a huge post describing all my favourite stands and everything, but I really, really loved the series. It's just hugely imaginative and very fun to read. The Dio vs. Jotaro fight is now one of my favourite final fights ever in a piece of fiction. I love the pacing/rhythm of this fight. I can't wait to see it animated.

Now onto waiting forever for the new Jojolion chapter D:

jgminto

I was watching the anime and couldn't wait anymore so I caught up with the mange in about 2 weeks. I'm not going to write a huge post describing all my favourite stands and everything, but I really, really loved the series. It's just hugely imaginative and very fun to read. The Dio vs. Jotaro fight is now one of my favourite final fights ever in a piece of fiction. I love the pacing/rhythm of this fight. I can't wait to see it animated.

You really should have paced it out more, lol. Especially since we're not getting a Jojolion chapter this month.

Lunar15

Finished Part 6. I'm from Florida, so the fact that it took place there was endlessly amusing.

Anywho, It's a really good part, I loved the characters, setting, and stakes. However, it was also really fucking random, and that's saying something for a series like Jojo. The ending was a bit of a letdown, but I liked how they pulled it off. I wish Jolyne could have had her own really good final fight, but it just wasn't in the cards.

Also, Heavy Weather has to have one of the weirdest abilities ever. So fucking random, holy shit.

Started SBR last night, I'm absolutely loving it so far. The fact that Araki was able to free himself from some of the "staples" of jojo (at least initially) really helps the writing. If it keeps up this pace, it could go on to be my favorite part. Here's my current stance:

Part 4
Part 2
Part 6
Part 3
Part 1
Part 5

Joseph remains the best Jojo, for now.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member

Awesome job! Now go watch all the parodies. Here's the JoJo's Bizarre Playlist I made. The videos are mostly in order, so just start with the first MAD. Feel free to use it too, guys!

Unfortunately the Part 6 MAD was just taken down because BENNIE K's stuff is being removed from YouTube. I have it saved if you want it.

Hypron

You really should have paced it out more, lol. Especially since we're not getting a Jojolion chapter this month.

Yeah but I can't help it D: Every time I start a show or manga I binge until it's finished. I watched lthe whole of avatar in like 3 days a couple of months ago lol.

Awesome job! Now go watch all the parodies. Here's the JoJo's Bizarre Playlist I made. The videos are mostly in order, so just start with the first MAD. Feel free to use it too, guys!

Unfortunately the Part 6 MAD was just taken down because BENNIE K's stuff is being removed from YouTube. I have it saved if you want it.

Cheers, I'll take a look at that :p

Ezalc

Alright guys, as everybody here knows the upcoming parts only get longer in terms of volumes as they go on. In the extremely hopeful chance there are anime adaptations of the other parts, where do you think they would stop in each one for a break?

Part 4: Kira's introduction after the Ghost Alley subplot.

Part 5: Either Bruno entering Diavolo's meeting place or after the gang minus Fugo resolves to fight the boss.

Part 6: The aftermath of FF's death and Pucci's assimilation of the baby.

Part 7: Johnny and Gyro sharing wine in the snow after losing all of their corpse parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom