• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
If you can read Japanese they're probably fine. If not, wait for the Jojonium release early next year. It's a special edition with colour pages and bonus stuff.

Alright, think I'll go with it. Even with import fees, the two box sets will be roughly the same price as buying 17 individual volumes.

lordmrw

Awesome job! Now go watch all the parodies. Here's the JoJo's Bizarre Playlist I made. The videos are mostly in order, so just start with the first MAD. Feel free to use it too, guys!

Unfortunately the Part 6 MAD was just taken down because BENNIE K's stuff is being removed from YouTube. I have it saved if you want it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76q-GyPX39Y

This is still my favorite fan video, for anyone that has read every part of Jojo you'll notice references to every part of the series in nearly every single frame. Such an awesome tribute.

Astarte

Argh, why do you have to remind me about Jojolion...halfway to a new chapter...

Waiting for new jojo and berserk chapters is absolutely killing me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76q-GyPX39Y

This is still my favorite fan video, for anyone that has read every part of Jojo you'll notice references to every part of the series in nearly every single frame. Such an awesome tribute.

Yeah that's really good. That ending transition ;; My favorite fan video is
this because I like weather report a lot :V

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
JOJOLIOOOOOOOOON

Weird, I thought I had the Weather Report one in the Bizarre Playlist. Guess it was in my favorites all along. Added it back in.

If there's an awesome parody I'm missing in there, let me know.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
SBR is pretty dang awesome. The scope, the cast, the Stands, the pizza~mozzarella~...

rerarerarerarera~~~

Astarte

About halfway through Steel Ball Run.

It's hands down my favorite Jojo.

Hell YEAH it's the best jojo! Those tension breakers and those 'I know what's happening but I don't know what the fuck araki drew' moments are what makes it for me. Plus I really like the Johnny-Gyro friendship.
Johnny sarcasm is so good

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
IMO the concept of a racing drama helped put SBR over the top. Such a great story framework and it gave the characters more to be involved with besides "find the leader of the enemy Stand users and beat the shit out of him".

But Funny sure did get what was coming to him anyway.

And that Dio-2 death. You thought it was a sack of candy, but it was you, Dio!

jgminto

No way, it's Johnny and Gyro > Josuke and Okuyasu > Jonathan and Speedwagon > Jotaro and Kakyoin (or Polnareff) > Joseph and Caesar > Giorno and Bruno (although I'd say Giorno is better bros with Mista) > Jolyne and Hermes.

Hermes was a shitty bro, she never seemed to care that much about Jolyne's quest to get the disc or anything after that. She starts off with a similar arc to Polnareff, with revenge for her sister. But Polnareff learns to move past that (kinda) and wants to help his friends take down Dio. Hermes kills Sports Max and then...nothing. She's just kinda there for the rest of the series and doesn't really do anything. FF is much more deserving of best bro spot, even though she doesn't really fit the role exactly.

FF's the best Jojo character period, so she doesn't even need to be categorized as a "bro."

Seriously though, they did some amazing things with a character who's only around for 80-some-odd chapters.

Plankton bro :'(

2NK5dDk.png

She was too good for this sinful earth...

Why couldn't it have been Anasui instead of her? T^T

jgminto

The two best characters in Stone Ocean die early (FF and Weather Report). The worst character is the only one that survives. No justice in Stone Ocean.

Ezalc

No way, it's Johnny and Gyro > Josuke and Okuyasu > Jonathan and Speedwagon > Jotaro and Kakyoin (or Polnareff) > Giorno and Bruno (although I'd say Giorno is better bros with Mista) > Jolyne and Hermes.

Hermes was a shitty bro, she never seemed to care that much about Jolyne's quest to get the disc or anything after that. She starts off with a similar arc to Polnareff, with revenge for her sister. But Polnareff learns to move past that (kinda) and wants to help his friends take down Dio. Hermes kills Sports Max and then...nothing. She's just kinda there for the rest of the series and doesn't really do anything. FF is much more deserving of best bro spot, even though she doesn't really fit the role exactly.

How the hell do you not list Joseph and Ceasar?

Who I'd put as a better bromance than Johnny and Gyro if Battle Tendency lasted as long as SBR did. Since it didn't the bromance falls to second place. Speedwagon and Jonathan is also great. All the others don't seem like bromances to me, aside from Josuke and Okuyasu which was cool as well. Also I like Anasui, for some reason I find Diver Down kind of awesome.

jgminto

Oh I thought I did, must have deleted it when I was moving them around. They have an alright bromance but Caesar is still the most boring JoBro in the entire series, he's just elevated by being paired with Joseph.

The two best characters in Stone Ocean die early (FF and Weather Report). The worst character is the only one that survives. No justice in Stone Ocean.

It's a good thing neither of them are playable then. lol.

F.F. is in my top three characters alongside Narancia and Old Joseph, her fading from existence is one of the best moments in the series but best character? Nah.

JayEH

So I recently got into Jojo by listening to the superbestfriendcast and wondering what the hell they were talking about. So I decided to watch the anime. To be upfront though, I really didn't like anime up to this point as I thought it was all the stereotypical huge eyes, sweat bubbles, etc. stuff.

I was pleasantly surprised to learned I really like Jojo and have caught up to where the anime currently. I couldn't wait any longer for the Season 2 to continue so I decided to just read Stardust Crusaders from where the show left off.

I have so far finished reading stardust crusaders and am a ways into Diamond is Unbreakable. This is the only manga (or comic for that manner) that I've ever read this deeply. It goes to show the quality of the manga and show itself.

Anyway, that's my (long) story on me getting into Jojo. Glad to see there is a community on Gaf here. Jojo needs to get more popular in the US lol.

You're in for a treat. Diamond is Unbreakable is magnitudes better than any of the parts preceding it, and the characters are the best in the series as far as I'm concerned.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
So I recently got into Jojo by listening to the superbestfriendcast and wondering what the hell they were talking about. So I decided to watch the anime. To be upfront though, I really didn't like anime up to this point as I thought it was all the stereotypical huge eyes, sweat bubbles, etc. stuff.

I was pleasantly surprised to learned I really like Jojo and have caught up to where the anime currently. I couldn't wait any longer for the Season 2 to continue so I decided to just read Stardust Crusaders from where the show left off.

I have so far finished reading stardust crusaders and am a ways into Diamond is Unbreakable. This is the only manga (or comic for that manner) that I've ever read this deeply. It goes to show the quality of the manga and show itself.

Anyway, that's my (long) story on me getting into Jojo. Glad to see there is a community on Gaf here. Jojo needs to get more popular in the US lol.

Another new JoJo fan! Awesome!

I'll tell you the same thing I tell every new fan that posts here.

*ahem*

MY GOOD SIR WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU DOING THIS IS THE SPOILER THREAD YOU'D BETTER CATCH UP TO JOJOLION NOW IF YOU DON'T WANT THINGS RUINED
ON THIS PAGE ALONE THERE'S LIKE 50 SPOILERS

RUN

RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN

Add me on Steam and stuff.

*ahem*

MY GOOD SIR WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU DOING THIS IS THE SPOILER THREAD YOU'D BETTER CATCH UP TO JOJOLION NOW IF YOU DON'T WANT THINGS RUINED

RUN

RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN

Im still on part 6 but ive already been spoiled on everything.

Astral

That Get Lucky video is the greatest thing I've ever seen. Anytime I feel down I can just watch that and feel a lot better. Jojo fans are the greatest.

JayEH

You're in for a treat. Diamond is Unbreakable is magnitudes better than any of the parts preceding it, and the characters are the best in the series as far as I'm concerned.

I'm enjoying it so far but I don't really how everyone has stands all of the sudden. Well maybe I just don't like how they're getting their powers. Dumb bow and arrow lol.

*ahem*

RUN

RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN

Haha, don't worry I'm glazing over a lot of the posts and I'm not too bothered by spoilers in general. I kinda already know how things go on in later parts by doing highly unadvised wiki searches :p

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
You guys are nuts. I did a two week JoJo blitz of 4-8 after years of only rereading Part 3 in high school and watching Part 1/2.

The only vague spoilers I had were Giorno being Dio's son (which goes nowhere) and Polnareff appearing in Part 5. Just keep reading and don't look ANYWHERE was my rule.

jgminto

I already had some stuff spoiled like the big events of Part 3 from the game and the alternate universe in Part 7 but I didn't get spoiled on the details before I read it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom