• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
It's the work of my 「Stand」, 『Spoilers Enterprise』!

J
o
r
g
e
J
o
e
s
t
a
r
d
o
e
s
n
o
t
e
x
i
s
t

jgminto

J
o
r
g
e
J
o
e
s
t
a
r
d
o
e
s
n
o
t
e
x
i
s
t

tumblr_mtlv6yAn491qdiw9jo2_500.png

tumblr_n3k4r13aWE1rqbjyuo2_500.jpg

You can't unexist the 36 Ultimate Kars on Mars.

J
o
r
g
e
J
o
e
s
t
a
r
d
o
e
s
n
o
t
e
x
i
s
t

Did you seriously just spoiler every letter of that sentence separately

JayEH

Just finished part 4. Just as I expected, it's excellent. I still can't pick a favorite part though lol. I think they're all equally good. Time to spend some time with GioGio now though.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Steel Ball Run's bad point was being so awesome it retroactively lowered the ranking of the other parts on favorite part lists everywhere.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
The bad point of SBR is that the story is just a bunch of "this happens, and then this, and this, and this" stacked on top of each other, with less logic and narrative structure than the other parts, and with characters changing motivations and personality on a whim, doing and saying things that often make little sense, and starting arcs that ultimately lead nowhere.

Besides this, the series is quite badass.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
For me the bad point of SBR is pushing Diogo. No, Diego is awesome, Diogo however was just a lame attempt in pushing "muh Dio".

Anyway was Diamond Is Not Crash a foreshadowing of DUWANG? That statement feels like it would not be lost in Duwangese.

Here's my preview of the lyrics

I want to marry you Jotaro-sama and have a baby
But you spit on me and tell me to go away
I love you so much beat me with Star Platinum
Also there is Polareff and Kakyoin and Abdul and Old Joseph.

Lunar15

The bad point of SBR is that the story is just a bunch of "this happens, and then this, and this, and this" stacked on top of each other, with less logic and narrative structure than the other parts, and with characters changing motivations and personality on a whim, doing and saying things that often make little sense, and starting arcs that ultimately lead nowhere.

Besides this, the series is quite badass.

SBR is weird in that you could tell Araki had one story in mind, but then it eventually just became that Jojo style: "and then we ran into THIS stand user!" formula. It's like it took every ounce of his willpower to not use stands for the first few chapters, but then he accidentally added a stand and couldn't go back. Also, a lot of the early storylines, like sandman, were entirely dropped as he latched on to the "sacred corpse" storyline.

However, using the race as the background keeps it on track and gives it a sense of progression. Also, the relationship between Johnny and Gyro is endlessly enjoyable. It's probably my favorite part purely due to these factors.

Tizoc

Rereading Part 4, and Jotaro says they learned of Josuke when they were sorting out Joseph's will.
...how does that happen? Now that I think about it, how did they even know of Josuke's existence?

EDIT: Ya know what I am so bored I'm gonna theorize how many eps. each encounter is gonna take
Vol. 1 and the conclusion to the Angelo encounter can be done in 2-3 eps. if they don't pad it too much.
The Nijimura Bros. can be done in 2 eps. tops.

Rereading Part 4, and Jotaro says they learned of Josuke when they were sorting out Joseph's will.
...how does that happen? Now that I think about it, how did they even know of Josuke's existence?

EDIT: Ya know what I am so bored I'm gonna theorize how many eps. each encounter is gonna take
Vol. 1 and the conclusion to the Angelo encounter can be done in 2-3 eps. if they don't pad it too much.
The Nijimura Bros. can be done in 2 eps. tops.
Joseph probably thought about how he boned Josukes mom while they were sorting out his will and did some digging to see if she had a child and found out about Josuke.
that must have been a super awkward conversation between Jotaro and Joseph
"OK Grandpa lets finish this fast, you only had one child so I guess everything goes to my mom since theres no one else in our family"
"hmmm"
"What is it grandpa?"
"Well jotaro can you keep a secret? In case this means nothing"
"Sure what is it?"
"Well a few years before Egypt I meant this nice very nice woman and we hit it off and well-"
"No"
"What?"
"No, no, I dont wanna hear this"
"Oh come on you already have a kid this shouldnt be that weird."
"Yeah but you were like 50 at the time!"
"Well lets not jump to any conclusions maybe it was just a one night STANDO and nothing came from it."
-one speedwagon foundation call later-
"Well I fucked up"

Tizoc

lol I thought something similar, let's not forget that even if he was healthy PHYSICALLY, he was not mentally, so maybe he used Hermit Purple and accidentally figured out about Josuke.

For that matter have some Out of Context jojo
K10YCQ.jpg

EDIT: Following up on my read.
Echoes first appearance can be done in 1 ep.
Surface can be 1 ep. as well
Yukako encounter can be 2 eps.

Chef dude could either be skipped or adapted into 1 episode
RHCP encounter can be 2 eps.
Invisible Baby can be 1 ep. (its rather short...)

Rohan's introduction can be 1 or 2 eps.
Rat hunting can be 1 ep.
Rohan in the ghost 'hood can be 1 ep. too

Shigechi and Kira arcs can be adapted into 4 eps.

Cinderella and Sheer Heart attack arcs can be adapted into 4 eps. combined too

All in all that makes 24 episodes so far @_@

jgminto

lol I thought something similar, let's not forget that even if he was healthy PHYSICALLY, he was not mentally, so maybe he used Hermit Purple and accidentally figured out about Josuke.

For that matter have some Out of Context jojo
K10YCQ.jpg

EDIT: Following up on my read.
Echoes first appearance can be done in 1 ep.
Surface can be 1 ep. as well
Yukako encounter can be 2 eps.

Chef dude could either be skipped
or adapted into 1 episode
RHCP encounter can be 2 eps.
Invisible Baby can be 1 ep. (its rather short...)

Rohan's introduction can be 1 or 2 eps.
Rat hunting can be 1 ep.
Rohan in the ghost 'hood can be 1 ep. too

Shigechi and Kira arcs can be adapted into 4 eps.

Cinderella and Sheer Heart attack arcs can be adapted into 4 eps. combined too

All in all that makes 24 episodes so far @_@

How dare you even say that! Let's Go Eat Italian Food is the greatest part of Diamond is Unbreakable. What kind of sick person would want them to skip such an amazing thing.

And for parts to episode conversion, it's best to go by chapters. Anything 5 or higher will likely be two episodes or more. It will come to around the same amount of episodes as Stardust Crusaders likely will when it finishes. Diamond is only about 20 chapters longer than Stardust so it will likely only be a difference of 4 or 5 episodes.

Tizoc

lol, truth be told yeah the chef encounter is my FAVOURITE of Part 4 too.
Only reason I mention it is cuz the character never shows up to do anything meaningful for the team afterwards, like Araki couldn't fit him into the plot and just forgot about him :p

aechris

How dare you even say that! Let's Go Eat Italian Food is the greatest part of Diamond is Unbreakable. What kind of sick person would want them to skip such an amazing thing.

My reaction to that post exactly. It's the one I am MOST looking forward to!

jgminto

I do feel like I've seen that pose before but I'm not sure where from. If I had to guess, probably from a fashion shoot, because almost every pose is from a fashion shoot. Also Paisley Park is such a cool looking stand.

That volume 8 cover looks like an 80s movie cover. The heart shape for the body of Soft & Wet seems weird...

Heart shape...?

Sheer Heart Attack.

Astarte

Seriously, skipping the "punch the spaghetti" part of DIU would be a fucking sacrilege.

Yeah, skipping Spaghetti is Not Crash would be a sin. Especially since Josuke's most famous pose comes from his declaration of spaghetti fighting

JoJoLion Vol. 8 cover
tumblr_ndcp013Smd1qepum0o1_400.jpg

Anyone know what it's inspired from? Soft and Wet looks silly in it.

Yasuho looks pretty good in that cover :V
Scratch that, they all look good. A bit of part 8 kinda got to me because everyone looked so baby faced

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Because we're all dead. This JoJolion break has been the longest 2 months ever.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Hmmmm, not sure if I wanna spend about $45 on Part 1 & then $60 on Part 2. Think I'm gonna wait, especially since I'd have to factor in shipping. Probably will wait for all of them to be released & get them all at once.

Now I just wonder how long it'll take them to release the rest of the volumes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom