• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cant help but think that Araki's art has become a parody of itself.
I'm just sad we don't see the art change over the course of a part nearly as much. Part 4 is so interesting to watch the art go from weird to the best to fabulous.

This has likely been posted before but:
3515270-1314632387-031.j.jpg

dan2026

Part 4 was where Araki was at his pinnacle. Both in art, story and characters.
We have never quite reached that height again. Although part 7 came close for me.

I'm just sad we don't see the art change over the course of a part nearly as much. Part 4 is so interesting to watch the art go from weird to the best to fabulous.

This has likely been posted before but:
Well Araki has been doing this for nearly 30 years, his artstyle has improved so much I dont think he can improve any more than he already has.

Erigu

Part 4 was where Araki was at his pinnacle. Both in art, story and characters.
Agreed entirely.

We have never quite reached that height again. Although part 7 came close for me.
His art style became fairly interesting at some point during Steel Ball Run. Didn't last very long though.
And unfortunately, I thought it was just the art style, personally...

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
As far as art goes I really like the energetic bounciness of the inking in part 4. But personally I have to go with SBR as my overall favorite Araki art style.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Of all the JoJo moments to see in color, that...was not quite on the top of my list. *shudder*

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Oh, no wonder Jotaro says ZA WARUDO in part 4 when stopping time. Apparently the stand has been then called Star Platinum The World.

Yes but my father wasnt a racist drunk....well he wasnt racist....he haaaated chinese people.

That part made my sides leave the stratosphere.

Wasn't going to skip any just some friends kept saying to skip them, and that just sounded dumb. I've watched the first 3 parts then read them. I love it a lot.

JohnDoe

Banned
Part 6 is better than Part 1 and 3 and Part 4 is pretty popular on jojo-gaf, because it's pretty much the best part before Part 7. Part 5 is alright. Definitely read all of them.

Part 4 is popular EVERYWHERE, not just GAF. Whether it's the ironic charm of DUWANG (New Jojo fans do not know that pleasure/pain) or just the easy going fun nature of the part compared to previous parts people will always claim it's the best part.

I don't care much for it. Kira best antagonist though.

JayEH

I'm only on Part 5 but it bothers me that pretty much after Part 2 that no Jojo is actually called Jojo. Jotaro was called Jojo for a bit, and Josuke was called it for literally a a page I think, and so far Giorno hasn't been called GioGio. For the other two cases a case can be made that the main character isn't called by a nickname since there's past characters involved but there doesn't seem to be an excuse for Giorno.

I'm only on Part 5 but it bothers me that pretty much after Part 2 that no Jojo is actually called Jojo. Jotaro was called Jojo for a bit, and Josuke was called it for literally a a page I think, and so far Giorno hasn't been called GioGio. For the other two cases a case can be made that the main character isn't called by a nickname since there's past characters involved but there doesn't seem to be an excuse for Giorno.
Probably cause GioGio isnt really something you would call someone. Like the only reason the game is called that cause its a clever way to call it jojos bizarre adventure.

Permanently A

Oh wow. I never realized GioGio kinda sounds like JoJo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom