• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not any further in the manga than the animes so far. I felt like I had a lot spoiled by the old Capcom game years ago and by the new game that I felt comfortable not even worrying about spoilers or where I jumped in.

Of course, then you start the anime and/or manga, and so much wacky shit happens so quickly that I was surprised how little I actually understood of what was going on to begin with. The silver lining being I sorta feel it'd be impossible to spoil the majority of great moments without actively posting things in here verbatim haha

JayEH

I'm also on Part 6 but I spoiled myself for a lot of things since I look at the wiki a lot :p

Not sure why I decided to look at Offtopic Community today since I've been here like twice, but I'm glad I did. Shoulda figured this thread existed.

I just wanna say this is one of the only anime I loved so much I bothered starting to read the manga, which is also one of the greatest things I've ever read. I'm not a comic person at all, but I make exceptions for Calvin and Hobbes and Jojo. Take that as you will :p Jojo feels a lot like it was written by a hyperactive, culture- and violence-obsessed, super intelligent 6 year old, so maybe that's where the two overlap.

Feel the same. Starting watching the anime when a friend recommended it. This was the first anime I've watched since I was probably 12. I was really into Dragon Ball, Pokemon, etc. as a kid but stopped watching when I got older. I marathoned through the the first and second seasons. And couldn't wait so I just starting reading the manga. This is the first comic/manga I've ever gotten into.

jgminto

I still think it's weird that Araki decided to write out Fugo. There are more powerful stands in the series that he could write around.

Astarte

I still dont get what his plan was when he first approached them. How did he know that his stand did that when he was still alive. Do stand users just know what their stands do?

I just want to know how he was convinced to just walk towards them like that.

"okay so you have like...ghost super powers"
"oh cool what can I do"
"you need to die"
"what"
"yeah"
"why would I want to die"
"do it"
"you got it"

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I still dont get what his plan was when he first approached them. How did he know that his stand did that when he was still alive. Do stand users just know what their stands do?

I know when Trish gets Spice Girl, it sort of shows her how to use it...I think Echoes did it as well.

I imagine the other Stands do that as well, we just don't explicitly see it.

I just want to know how he was convinced to just walk towards them like that.

"okay so you have like...ghost super powers"
"oh cool what can I do"
"you need to die"
"what"
"yeah"
"why would I want to die"
"do it"
"you got it"
If it were Dio I wouldve listened, Kira maybe, Pucchi theres a tiny chance, but I would not have listened yo Diovolo if he asked me to do that.

Tizoc

If it were Dio I wouldve listened, Kira maybe, Pucchi theres a tiny chance, but I would not have listened yo Diovolo if he asked me to do that.

Hey man would YOU have wanted to argue with a cotton candy King Crimson? Cotton Candy or death...
tumblr_nfaofmGdnQ1qa5504o1_1280.jpg

I dunno, say what you want about Diavolo being a bad Jojo villain, but Araki at least made a point to show he could be intimidating as fuck with that "sending your friend's body cut into pieces and framed" thing. Notorious BIG might not have been there entirely of his own free will.

I dunno, say what you want about Diavolo being a bad Jojo villain, but Araki at least made a point to show he could be intimidating as fuck with that "sending your friend's body cut into pieces and framed" thing. Notorious BIG might not have been there entirely of his own free will.
But that was just Araki trying to make Jojo be The Godfather, it only wouldve been more on the nose if Diovolo sent them the decapitated head of a stand and put it in their bed sheets.

But that was just Araki trying to make Jojo be The Godfather, it only wouldve been more on the nose if Diovolo sent them the decapitated head of a stand and put it in their bed sheets.

Maybe, but the point I was getting at is that Dio and Pucci get you to do stuff with charisma, while Diavolo uses intimidation instead and that could've been how he convinced a man to walk to his death.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
This is probably old news, but that rad as hell JoJo MAD got muted on Youtube. Damn you, Diggy-Mo!

Wow, you're right. Both 3 and 4 and maybe more were muted. My poor JoJo's Bizarre Playlist!

But I knew this would happen. That's why I saved backups of the videos! Maybe we should have an official JoJo's Bizarre Cloud Storage? Old niconico stuff is impossible to find anymore.

Astarte

Hey man would YOU have wanted to argue with a cotton candy King Crimson? Cotton Candy or death...
tumblr_nfaofmGdnQ1qa5504o1_1280.jpg

Oh my goodness that looks great

Still waiting on them Jojolion RAWs but Jobin's stand has been shown nameless.

I wonder what it'll be named...I hope it's related to beetles

This is probably old news, but that rad as hell JoJo MAD got muted on Youtube. Damn you, Diggy-Mo!

Ugh my jojo playlist ;A;

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Araki is actually not that good at anatomy.

Or perspective.

fertygo

The really bizarre part is that Danny actually looked like a dog, but since then Araki just... forgot how to draw dogs?

Araki even admit forgot how to draw his character from time to time, hence the always changing artstyle. Not any surprising really.

JayEH

The really bizarre part is that Danny actually looked like a dog, but since then Araki just... forgot how to draw dogs?

He's only good at drawing dogs being killing in horrendous ways :(

Seriously what is it with his hatred of dogs?

Araki even admit forgot how to draw his character from time to time, hence the always changing artstyle. Not any surprising really.

Yeah I saw in an interview that he forgot how to draw Jotaro during the Steel Ball Run days.

jgminto

Iggy looks like a dog too. And I have to imagine that the dog in Jojolion is meant to look weird, it's too weird to just be bad anatomy.

wwm0nkey

Well its understandable since jojo just recently became popular in the U.S.

I know, but still having to wait until fall next year for the physical versions of some of these?

I do see that it is getting more and more popular pretty fast so hopefully that helps them speed up the process.

Astarte

Iggy looks like a dog too. And I have to imagine that the dog in Jojolion is meant to look weird, it's too weird to just be bad anatomy.

Maybe it's just another Araki whoopsie that we'll push under the rug

I know, but still having to wait until fall next year for the physical versions of some of these?

I do see that it is getting more and more popular pretty fast so hopefully that helps them speed up the process.

I'm just thankful that we're getting the manga period

sjack

Banned
Part 3 is not better than part 2.

Nope, part 2 is objectively better in every single facet than part 3, and I don't just mean protagonists. People need to realize that the only reason part 3 is iconic is because it introduced stands, and also had some good fights towards the end. That's all.

Astarte

Nope, part 2 is objectively better in every single facet than part 3, and I don't just mean protagonists. People need to realize that the only reason part 3 is iconic is because it introduced stands, and also had some good fights towards the end. That's all.

One of my favorite things about part 3 was that when dio did shit it didn't turn into "WHO SHOT JOHNNY"

jgminto

"Objectively", please. The battles were weak and the concept of ripple was already dried up. The only thing that saved it from being another Part 1 is Joseph and the Pillar Men.

I love Part 2. Where it establishes all these fully trained ripple warriors yet the lazy, unrefined protagonist out does them all at every twist and turn and none of them end up fighting and when they do they just get bodied.

At least Part 3 shown the other cast members alongside Jojo fighting a few times and actually winning.

JayEH

Part 2 is great but I still like 3 better. I just think the whole "Bro Roadtrip" aspect of it appealed to me a lot.

I'll just draw a dog and..WHOOPS

I imagine that's how it went. It was getting late, he was out of coffee/tea, and all he needed to do before wrapping things up was draw a dog. He doesn't bother digging out a reference book since, hey, it's just a dog. He starts sketching and fatigue makes his mind wander. By the time he comes back to his senses, the completed sketch of that abomination is on the page. After a brief look of horror, he laughs and calls it a night. He'll fix it in the morning.

...and then in the morning the inking phase starts and he starts on the dog and WHOOPS.

Either that or it's not meant to be any kind of dog. I mean, that thing can teleport/phase through solid objects...

Yonafunu

Come on guys, that is obviously not meant to be a normal dog. Look at that thing. If that's a normal dog Araki needs to get his brain checked. My 5 year-old nephew draws better dogs that that.

And Part 2 > 3, of course.

But what if it was a normal dog?! Nah, just joking around. I'd be legit shocked if that really was the case.

In other news, I picked this up:

A book that supposedly helps you learn English via famous quotes and conversations from Parts I-IV. It's an amusing read thanks to some weird translation choices, such as having Rohan compliment something by exclaiming "This is the bomb!". My only complaint is that a lot of the sentences sound kind of stiff/stilted/who the hell talks like that-ish, but you could say that about most language books.

Really hoping they do another for Parts V-VIII.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom